Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 6826
Location: Omnipresent
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/6 ... ath=mbball

Guaranteed contract. He'll at least be on their G-league team if not the 15 man. Big ups to Cam. Coach Dunleavy's promises to recruits now have at least 2 tangible examples to point to.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6482
Nice guy from a nice family. I will miss seeing them at MBB games. This is a good landing place for Cam to continue to develop. He should be able to have a decent pro career somewhere even if it's Europe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21322
Location: Cincinnati, OH
One knock I've always heard on Perry Clark is he had no connections and no interest in getting his players into the NBA. I was burned out and didn't even look into it (a whole other long story) but many of my teammates never got the shot they should have, even coming from successful teams. MD appears to be the exact opposite, getting guys into the league even when the team isn't doing as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 6253
Location: Gretna, LA
PeteRasche wrote:
One knock I've always heard on Perry Clark is he had no connections and no interest in getting his players into the NBA. I was burned out and didn't even look into it (a whole other long story) but many of my teammates never got the shot they should have, even coming from successful teams. MD appears to be the exact opposite, getting guys into the league even when the team isn't doing as well.

Can you imagine the careers Linton Johnson, Anthony Reed, and Jerald Honeycutt could have had in the NBA with MD's preparation? And that's leaving out folks who didn't even get tryouts who could have gotten that extra push with MD's connections.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:22 am
Posts: 1952
I was once a general manager of a CBA team with a former NBA player as our head coach. He had connections galore, and persuading players to play for us was much easier since they knew that connections and luck have a lot to do with getting a shot at an NBA team. So, I agree that the MD connection will make a difference. I have seen several players who were as good as current NBA players, but didn't have someone to open the right door or were not in the right place at the right time. Also, attitude and demeanor mean a lot more at the NBA level. They don't want any "knuckleheads" on their roster. We had a player once who was as good as Joe Dumars, but no one would touch him because he was a head case and unpredictable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5509
Location: Wichita
Cheerleader wrote:
I was once a general manager of a CBA team with a former NBA player as our head coach. He had connections galore, and persuading players to play for us was much easier since they knew that connections and luck have a lot to do with getting a shot at an NBA team. So, I agree that the MD connection will make a difference. I have seen several players who were as good as current NBA players, but didn't have someone to open the right door or were not in the right place at the right time. Also, attitude and demeanor mean a lot more at the NBA level. They don't want any "knuckleheads" on their roster. We had a player once who was as good as Joe Dumars, but no one would touch him because he was a head case and unpredictable.

You sound like you've had a interesting career!

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:22 am
Posts: 1952
Yes, I have, but that was only a small part of it. We figured out we couldn't make any money at it or sell to an NBA team, so we sold it to another fool after three years. But I have a million stories that made it all worth it. We did win the championship in 1989, with Wes Matthews, Sr. hitting the winning three pointer. (and he was a head case, too).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
Riptide Level

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:49 pm
Posts: 177
Thought he had officially signed, but now it appears he has officially, officially signed.
https://twitter.com/CamoCinco/status/10 ... 9109711875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:40 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5509
Location: Wichita
Cam is playing for USA basketball in the FIBA World Cup qualifying

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21351
Location: North Kenner
It seems like every day the DLeague team he’s on is tweeting out highlights of Cam while “bragging” about his performance. I don’t know NBA rosters but he has to be close to getting a shot.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:36 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 4513
Looked at his numbers and he is averaging 15 per game and shooting 42% from 3. He had 30 on Friday night. Watching the highlights you can see how confident he looks. It’s great to see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21351
Location: North Kenner
NJwave wrote:
Looked at his numbers and he is averaging 15 per game and shooting 42% from 3. He had 30 on Friday night. Watching the highlights you can see how confident he looks. It’s great to see.

He and Melvin Frasier are the reason Dunleavy is safe this year.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20508
Location: New Orleans
Former Tulane forward Cameron Reynolds signs 10-day contract with Minnesota

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/for ... esota.html

The signing comes on the heels of Reynolds’ performance with the USA World Cup Qualifying team coached by Jeff Van Gundy. Against Panama last Friday, Reynolds had 26 points on 10-of-16 shooting while hitting six threes.

we miss him............badly

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 25209
Location: New Orleans
GreenieBacker wrote:
Former Tulane forward Cameron Reynolds signs 10-day contract with Minnesota

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/for ... esota.html

The signing comes on the heels of Reynolds’ performance with the USA World Cup Qualifying team coached by Jeff Van Gundy. Against Panama last Friday, Reynolds had 26 points on 10-of-16 shooting while hitting six threes.

we miss him............badly


Dumb closing comment. Let’s please just confine this to congratulating Cameron for realizing his dream.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1761
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
MNAlum wrote:
Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!


My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1761
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
AO Sig wrote:
MNAlum wrote:
Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!


My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."

Touche!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
AO Sig wrote:
MNAlum wrote:
Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!


My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."


Chicago is beautiful in November

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:40 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
MNAlum wrote:
Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!


My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."


Chicago is beautiful in November


If you consider gray, sleety, cold and windy beautiful, have at it. That is the weather the last two times it was a beautiful McCormick place.

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:57 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
MNAlum wrote:
Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!


My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."


Chicago is beautiful in November


If you consider gray, sleety, cold and windy beautiful, have at it. That is the weather the last two times it was a beautiful McCormick place.


Bad luck for you

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21322
Location: Cincinnati, OH
AO Sig wrote:
My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November.

Cheaper "out of season" rates. My organization has the same deal. Chicago, Minneapolis, Boston, New York, and Denver in January. Orlando, Houston, Las Vegas, and Atlanta in the summer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20508
Location: New Orleans
Tulane hoops notebook: Cam Reynolds second 2017-18 Wave player to make NBA

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9e659.html

really nice article on Cam. And we could have really used his Senior leadership as well as overall play this year. Might have helped the freshmen settle in easier (who have looked lost at times)

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
Wasn't Cam the Senior and Mel the Junior last year??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20508
Location: New Orleans
He was I was just dreaming that in a perfect world Cam would have had one more year

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:23 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 25209
Location: New Orleans
sr wrote:
Wasn't Cam the Senior and Mel the Junior last year??


He was in fact a fifth year senior last year.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group