Aaron Loup

In memory of Howie, Sr., get Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Aaron Loup

Post by OGSB »

Approved by Experts
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Re: Aaron Loup

Post by Baywave1 »

Aaron's in the World Series. Congrats. Meanwhile it was fun to watch his matchups with Bregman of you know who.

If LAD win tonight then with Andrew Friedman there will be a Tulane connection on both sides.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Aaron signed with the Mets today. Assuming he plays in 2021 (absent injury or whatever), this will be his tenth major league season passing Frank Wills who had nine. This will make Loup the Tulanian with the longest ML career. (Please correct if I'm wrong.) He has taken specialization to a new level. Congrats to Aaron.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Dr Bobby Brown played 8 years in the Majors.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

Aaron Loup benefits from horrible umpiring.
https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-umpires-ba ... 00701.html
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Could be the longest. Steve Mura played for 7 years. Cannot recall anyone else who played longer.

My oldest son played against him often in those heated Destrehan vs. Hahnville games. I thought Aaron would dominate at Tulane, but his college career seemed uneven.

The strangest thing about Aaron is when you think of all the great players at Tulane, he would be a guy you don’t think of as having a 10+ year career at the MLB level. You have to be good, and lucky. No major injuries, and being a terrific situational lefty has surely made him a lot of money.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Frank Wills played in 9 big league seasons from 1983-1991 for KC, Seattle, Cleveland and Toronto. I think he might have the record.
This one belongs to the Wave.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

he was never the star at Tulane but I remember him pitching a great game against LSU (as least I think it was Loup)