OC Will Hall to USM as HC

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: OC Will Hall to USM as HC

Post by PeteRasche »

CT Wave wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:44 pm
waverider wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:22 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:22 pm We interrupt this insanely long discussion to mention Will Hall is about to get his first win, leading Grambling State 37-0 with under 5 minutes left.
Tunnel at the stadium was temporarily closed while a woman gave birth during the game.

The targeting jokes are pretty good. “Baby lead with the crown”.

https://twitter.com/raymondereeves/stat ... 93155?s=21
Thanks for posting this info in a thread started way back in December 2020. :-)
Last night I was teetering on the edge of posting about the ULL/Nicholls game in the you-know-who thread instead of the non-Tulane Sports forum. I mean, I feel like that thread started in the 2000s... :lol:
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

AO Sig wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:52 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 am
Roller wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:22 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:39 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:25 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:00 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:45 pm
gerryb323 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:04 am
Marathon Wave wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:37 am

I also just noticed this thread was created in Dec 2020 - almost a year ago. Sorry, I'm not going to scroll around searching for something that may or may not exist or have been 'created' years ago. I get here, look around quickly (it's not an archeological dig), and if I don't see what I'm looking for, create it myself. I'll leave it to the anal retentives to sort it all out. :mrgreen: ...and none of it is important enough to me to use the search, again, I don't give much of a ratz @zz who says what.
Yeah, but the last post was September 5. Irregardless, all my former player/coach posts go in the main forum.
Irregardless?
Oh yeah
I think regardless suffices.
Irregardless :lol:
We define irregardless as "regardless."
What are you, the Cheshire Cat?
“I am not crazy; my reality is just different from yours.”
Once again I am reminded of the following poem by this thread:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I
At least you're never alone.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

USM lost to Rice 24-19 to drop to 1-4. Looks like Will Hall killed two programs this year.

He can have his friend Chip Long :wink:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

waverider wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:53 pm USM lost to Rice 24-19 to drop to 1-4. Looks like Will Hall killed two programs this year.

USM was already dead before Hall got there.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

visualmagic wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:52 am
waverider wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:53 pm USM lost to Rice 24-19 to drop to 1-4. Looks like Will Hall killed two programs this year.

USM was already dead before Hall got there.
true... I honestly don't see an aptitude to revive a program in such disarray in Hall... he looked to me like the kind of guy who should be elevated to HC from OC with a program he has a few years on staff.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Johnny Mac wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:27 am... he looked to me like the kind of guy who should be elevated to HC from OC with a program he has a few years on staff.
This. I never saw the brains or leadership to be a great HC, but I thought he could succeed by taking over a well oiled machine in a semi successful program of which he was already a part.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

USM trailing UAB 31-0 at the half.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Lost again today to fall to 1-7, just like Tulane. And just like Tulane their only win is vs FCS. They’ve scored 109 points on the season.
Victory is never permanent
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

OGSB wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:45 pm Lost again today to fall to 1-7, just like Tulane. And just like Tulane their only win is vs FCS. They’ve scored 109 points on the season.
The difference of course being that Hall had a complete rebuild on his hands while we should be in far better shape in year 6. Theyve had injury issues at QB like us, but nowhere near the depth at that spot we have. Also USM is pointed in a positive direction by joining the Sun Belt while we got demoted to CUSA 2. Hard not to feel like they've got better days ahead while we are stuck in reverse with a cinderblock laying on the gas pedal.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

I threw in the comparison to Tulane because I didn’t want it to read like I was saying ‘look at loser USM’. I don’t think there’s any question we have regressed immensely in just 1 season after slowly improving over the last 5.
Victory is never permanent
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

I didn't take it as you saying that ogsb, but I thought it worth expanding on in case anybody did want to sip from the cup of schadenfreude.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:50 pm Also USM is pointed in a positive direction by joining the Sun Belt while we got demoted to CUSA 2. Hard not to feel like they've got better days ahead while we are stuck in reverse with a cinderblock laying on the gas pedal.
Moving from CUSA to the SBC is definitely upward as of the past couple of years bus I would not say they have better days ahead because of it. They are very likely to stay mid- to bottom-of-pack in the SBC. Their TV contract will get a little better but that's only a part of their myriad of issues.

I can't tell if this was what you were doing, but please, please don't act like USM is in better shape than Tulane now.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:35 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:50 pm Also USM is pointed in a positive direction by joining the Sun Belt while we got demoted to CUSA 2. Hard not to feel like they've got better days ahead while we are stuck in reverse with a cinderblock laying on the gas pedal.
Moving from CUSA to the SBC is definitely upward as of the past couple of years bus I would not say they have better days ahead because of it. They are very likely to stay mid- to bottom-of-pack in the SBC. Their TV contract will get a little better but that's only a part of their myriad of issues.

I can't tell if this was what you were doing, but please, please don't act like USM is in better shape than Tulane now.
Oh for sure not. I just know if I was a usm fan I would be happier with the direction of my conference situation at the moment as opposed to our situation where we have effectively been demoted. They are still worse off relative to us, but their trajectory, at least as far as conference affiliation is upward while ours is currently downward.

Put another way, they are having a miserable season but have reason to feel hopeful for the future. We are having a miserable season and it feels like hope is in short supply.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Congrats to Coach Hall on picking up his first FBS and conference win. Sad to think there's a good chance they end up with more wins than we do.
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:56 am Congrats to Coach Hall on picking up his first FBS and conference win. Sad to think there's a good chance they end up with more wins than we do.
They didn’t have a QB and still beat la tech