Matt on TV tonight

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Matt on TV tonight

Post by TPSTulane »

vs49's on channelsurfing
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
bigmoneytx

Re: Matt on TV tonight

Post by bigmoneytx »

Jay Cutler = The Man who killed Matts career!
that and the bears non-existant oline play and no DEF this year--- *(%*&%*($^&%*(

I grew up a Bears fan, and 2 of my most FAV Tulane Brothers played for them Bernard Robertson and Forte --- this franchise is getting close to PAINFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

The Bears are putrid. Matt and Olsen are the only 2 players that are keepers on that offense. Man, good thing the Bears locked up Cutler with that extension, huh? Matt looked great tonight considering he is running behind the NFL's worst OL. 120 yards receiving for Matt.
Last edited by Man in Green on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

5 INT's for Cutler. He could be worst than JaMarcus at this point.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

Russell is worse. He actually has time to throw- possibly because the defenses want him to throw- and still can't complete passes. Cutler can at least point to his OL as a reason for his struggles. Just 2 more SEC busts at QB.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Cutler is a good QB who made the pro bowl because of the talent around him. He's no Peyton Manning, but he's no Rex Grossman either. The Bears have a crap OL, crap at the WR position and a moron calling plays on offense. On another note, Matt had a great game as a receiver.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

FW ..... Is the guy calling plays for The Bears the ex Univ. of Illinois hc?? Turner I think?
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Ray wrote:FW ..... Is the guy calling plays for The Bears the ex Univ. of Illinois hc?? Turner I think?
Yes. Another embattled Turner.

Although I feel for Matt, I feel no sympathy for the Bears and Cutler. He's gotten what he deserves.
Bring home da Wave!
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Cutler attempted 52 passes!!! How can any running back get enough touches to get into the flow of the game and get some yardage?

The other day there were commments made that Chicago (and a couple of other teams) could use the services of a recently released running back; if he were there and got the same number of carries as Matt, he would do no better.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

AO Sig wrote:Cutler attempted 52 passes!!! How can any running back get enough touches to get into the flow of the game and get some yardage?
They can't. Matt needs to be traded to a team that will feature him as he was last season in their offense. The Bears now feature a bad Jay Cutler.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

He had 20 carries for 40 yards...it's not like he's not getting the ball.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

ml wave wrote:He had 20 carries for 40 yards...it's not like he's not getting the ball.
Saw that.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Matt got his touches tonight, he just had nowhere to run. Cutler threw 52 passes because the Bears had a lot of plays since SF's offense did nothing and a lot of those passes were at the end of the game when the Bears were desperate and running was out of the question.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

FW wrote:Matt got his touches tonight, he just had nowhere to run. Cutler threw 52 passes because the Bears had a lot of plays since SF's offense did nothing and a lot of those passes were at the end of the game when the Bears were desperate and running was out of the question.
Throw 52 passes and score 6 pts. Cutler is the worst thing to happen to the Bears in recent memory. He doesn't play fake at all. And you know when the Bears are going to run because Cutler gives it away too early. It's almost like he wants the runs to fail so he can pass more.
This kills Matt.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Cutler is not the worst thing to happen to the Bears at all. People could have said the same thing about Marino when he was brought into the league on a run first, second, third and fourth team on offense with a lights out defense. Because of Marino the Dolphins went out and completely changed their mindset to fit him. The Bears need to completely change their mindset and personnel to fit Cutler.
Godfather
President's Circle

Post by Godfather »

ml wave wrote:He had 20 carries for 40 yards...it's not like he's not getting the ball.
It's strange. He can't do anything off a handoff this year but he had three huge plays catching passes out of the backfield.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

FW wrote:Cutler is not the worst thing to happen to the Bears at all. People could have said the same thing about Marino when he was brought into the league on a run first, second, third and fourth team on offense with a lights out defense. Because of Marino the Dolphins went out and completely changed their mindset to fit him. The Bears need to completely change their mindset and personnel to fit Cutler.
Comparing Cutler to Marino is like comparing Ryan Leaf to Peyton Manning.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

TPSTulane wrote:
FW wrote:Cutler is not the worst thing to happen to the Bears at all. People could have said the same thing about Marino when he was brought into the league on a run first, second, third and fourth team on offense with a lights out defense. Because of Marino the Dolphins went out and completely changed their mindset to fit him. The Bears need to completely change their mindset and personnel to fit Cutler.

I didn't compare them, I compared their situations.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

FW wrote:
TPSTulane wrote:

I didn't compare them, I compared their situations.
Ok, but that's a big assumption. Archie Manning yes, because he had big numbers but always lost. Cutler has bad numbers and loses.
But Marino never won a Superbowl.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Marino didn't win a super bowl because they had no defense until late in his career when he had started to decline skill wise. Give him the defense they had in the early to mid 90s in 1984-85 and he wins superbowls (not just one).

Either way, I think Matt is in a bad situation in Chicago.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

FW wrote: Either way, I think Matt is in a bad situation in Chicago.
I agree. But last year it was the best team for him (pre-Cutler). With the acquisition of Cutler the Bears changed their philosophy which gives Matt less plays to accommodate Cutler.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
bayouman
Coach Level

Post by bayouman »

Not everyone agrees...Chicago's a tough town.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=336693
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

bayouman wrote:Not everyone agrees...Chicago's a tough town.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=336693
The Honeymoon is over........ He'd be better off traded at this point.
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

He's not getting traded unless the Bears are planning on signing a big name RB as a FA in the offseason. Bears fans might not be in love with Matt right now, but they also hate when the Bears draft a skill position player in an early round and after what happened to them with Ced Benson, if they drafted a RB in the first round all heck would break lose.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

FW wrote:He's not getting traded unless the Bears are planning on signing a big name RB as a FA in the offseason. Bears fans might not be in love with Matt right now, but they also hate when the Bears draft a skill position player in an early round and after what happened to them with Ced Benson, if they drafted a RB in the first round all heck would break lose.
Yea I know, he's stuck there for now. :x :x :x
Loyola MBA Class of 1988