For Michael Christian and Joe Passi

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

For Michael Christian and Joe Passi

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I had to post about yesterday being the 20th anniversary of Tulane upsetting #20 Memphis State. In a year where an "expansion team" went 4-24, we still managed to beat the #20 team in the nation. From that point on, we played almost everyone close, including giving a scare to #6 Louisville in the conference tournament, and it only led to bigger and better things in the next two years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP3R_ayYsRM
randymc
President's Circle

Re: For Michael Christian and Joe Passi

Unread post by randymc »

I was in germany when that happened and remember searching for the score in the Stars and Stripes newspaper where i was working at the time. nice to see a W against a big time opponent.
first thing I did upon returning to new orleans from my overseas gig in Sept. 1991 was get basketball season tickets for what turned out to be a great run in Fogelman. loved the image in your video of Perry with shirt untucked ...fist in the air...celebrating as the clock wound down.
would love to see that sort of emotion and purpose again for Tulane hoops
doncecco
President's Circle

Unread post by doncecco »

I hated missing this game, but made just about every other big basketball game the remaining 4 years. Will never forget Joe dancing on the scorer's table after the big last second UNO win!

GREAT times!
Bring home da Wave!
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Unread post by Wave Revival »

That 89-90 team is better than any Tulane team I have seen in the past decade. We haven't had a player close to Anthony Reed's ability since Honeycutt left. In 2000 I thought it was time for Perry Clark to move on, but Tulane has really missed him.