Mark Hamilton

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Mark Hamilton

Unread post by TPSTulane »

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 10aaa.html

Jan. 20, 2010

What year did you graduate?
Did not graduate: Drafted by St. Louis Cardinals in the 2nd Round of the 2006 Draft

1. Where do you currently reside? I have a home in Katy (West Houston), Tx. But I currently live in San Francisco de Macoris, Dominican Republic for winter baseball (Until December 22nd when I return to the states)

2. What is your current profession? Professional Baseball player for the St. Louis Cardinals. Played with AAA Level Memphis Redbirds this past year: 2009 Pacific Coast League Champions (same league as the Zyphers)

3. What is your fondest memory of your athletic career at Tulane? The dog pile in 2005 at Turchin after beating Rice to go to the College World Series

4. Do you still keep in contact with your former teammates? Yes, with several of them. I keep in touch via facebook and still run into many of them who still play professionally as well

5. What advice would you give to the current student athletes? Play and live so that you will have no regrets

6. Do you still play your sport? Yes, see profession section

7. Which student athlete, past or present, would you have liked to have had on your team? And Why? I would have liked to have gotten to play with Michael Aubrey. I had always heard great things about his play and leadership and have now run into him several times in my professional career. I think it would have been enjoyable to have shared a clubhouse with him

8. Who is your favorite all time Tulane student athlete? Dr. Bobby Brown. I know he went to medical school at Tulane, but I am not sure if he played for the green wave. As a science major I think the idea of a doctor playing for the NY Yankees is pretty amazing!

9. Who was the toughest opponent you faced? Tim Lincecum. We faced him in the 2004 Oxford Regional when he was pitching for the University of Washington. As a freshman, he had already learned how to pitch and had an outstanding fastball and curveball. I saw him again in the Cape Cod Summer Baseball League in 2005 and he was beyond outstanding, thrown 97-101 MPH with an amazing curve. He went on to win the Cy Young already!

10. What is your fondest memory of Tulane / New Orleans? It has to be the return Campus after Hurricane Katrina. It was so surreal to see all the devastation and be a witness and contributor to the rebound of the city. Both Tulane and New Orleans have strong roots and it was so incredible to watch individuals coming together to support one another, the city, the institution, and (more personally) the baseball program
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."