Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saw C J Tonight
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:33 am 
Crest Level

I was in Chicago waiting at the gate for the New Orleans flight when I saw CJ & his wife. I had my Tulane shirt on and I think he saw me looking at him. I was going to say hello, but I wasn't sure what to say after that, considering he was fired.

Post subject: Re: Saw C J Tonight
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:15 am 
Regent's Circle

chitown4tu wrote:
I was in Chicago waiting at the gate for the New Orleans flight when I saw CJ & his wife. I had my Tulane shirt on and I think he saw me looking at him. I was going to say hello, but I wasn't sure what to say after that, considering he was fired.

wasn't he hired to be the Bears' WR coach? You could have said "congrats on being back in the NFL"

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:45 pm 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
chitown4tu wrote:

wasn't he hired to be the Bears' WR coach? You could have said "congrats on being back in the NFL"

He was

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:57 am 
Emerald Circle

CJ returning to the Saints as WR coach. Replacing the former who left for the Jets.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:57 pm 
Emerald Circle

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... r_home_pop

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:15 am 
Emerald Circle

Heard Saints OL Zach Strief talking about rookie RB Alvin Kamara's 51yd TD on the first play from scrimmage the other night. Strife said "...a lot of the credit has to go to Curtis Johnson who does a great job teaching receivers to block down field". Many felt he was a good WR coach and Saints fans attributed the decrease in production to CJ leaving the Saints. Glad he's back doing what he does well.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:06 am 
Coach Level

waverider wrote:
Heard Saints OL Zach Strief talking about rookie RB Alvin Kamara's 51yd TD on the first play from scrimmage the other night. Strife said "...a lot of the credit has to go to Curtis Johnson who does a great job teaching receivers to block down field". Many felt he was a good WR coach and Saints fans attributed the decrease in production to CJ leaving the Saints. Glad he's back doing what he does well.

Having watched the replay a few times. I have to agree that the receivers did a great job blocking downfield and in particular, pinning in guys who took bad angles to Kamara. If CJ is responsible then good for him and the Saints.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:11 am 
Regent's Circle

MNAlum wrote:
waverider wrote:

Having watched the replay a few times. I have to agree that the receivers did a great job blocking downfield and in particular, pinning in guys who took bad angles to Kamara. If CJ is responsible then good for him and the Saints.

CCJ has shown for years that he's a talented position coach. Jumping to the head job is a big change; some people are great at a more specific, non-CEO-type role. CCJ seems to be one of them.