Saw C J Tonight

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
chitown4tu
Riptide Level

Saw C J Tonight

Post by chitown4tu »

I was in Chicago waiting at the gate for the New Orleans flight when I saw CJ & his wife. I had my Tulane shirt on and I think he saw me looking at him. I was going to say hello, but I wasn't sure what to say after that, considering he was fired.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Saw C J Tonight

Post by Johnny Mac »

chitown4tu wrote:I was in Chicago waiting at the gate for the New Orleans flight when I saw CJ & his wife. I had my Tulane shirt on and I think he saw me looking at him. I was going to say hello, but I wasn't sure what to say after that, considering he was fired.
wasn't he hired to be the Bears' WR coach? You could have said "congrats on being back in the NFL"
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
chitown4tu wrote:I was in Chicago waiting at the gate for the New Orleans flight when I saw CJ & his wife. I had my Tulane shirt on and I think he saw me looking at him. I was going to say hello, but I wasn't sure what to say after that, considering he was fired.
wasn't he hired to be the Bears' WR coach? You could have said "congrats on being back in the NFL"
He was
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

CJ returning to the Saints as WR coach. Replacing the former who left for the Jets.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Heard Saints OL Zach Strief talking about rookie RB Alvin Kamara's 51yd TD on the first play from scrimmage the other night. Strife said "...a lot of the credit has to go to Curtis Johnson who does a great job teaching receivers to block down field". Many felt he was a good WR coach and Saints fans attributed the decrease in production to CJ leaving the Saints. Glad he's back doing what he does well.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

waverider wrote:Heard Saints OL Zach Strief talking about rookie RB Alvin Kamara's 51yd TD on the first play from scrimmage the other night. Strife said "...a lot of the credit has to go to Curtis Johnson who does a great job teaching receivers to block down field". Many felt he was a good WR coach and Saints fans attributed the decrease in production to CJ leaving the Saints. Glad he's back doing what he does well.
Having watched the replay a few times. I have to agree that the receivers did a great job blocking downfield and in particular, pinning in guys who took bad angles to Kamara. If CJ is responsible then good for him and the Saints.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

MNAlum wrote:
waverider wrote:Heard Saints OL Zach Strief talking about rookie RB Alvin Kamara's 51yd TD on the first play from scrimmage the other night. Strife said "...a lot of the credit has to go to Curtis Johnson who does a great job teaching receivers to block down field". Many felt he was a good WR coach and Saints fans attributed the decrease in production to CJ leaving the Saints. Glad he's back doing what he does well.
Having watched the replay a few times. I have to agree that the receivers did a great job blocking downfield and in particular, pinning in guys who took bad angles to Kamara. If CJ is responsible then good for him and the Saints.
CCJ has shown for years that he's a talented position coach. Jumping to the head job is a big change; some people are great at a more specific, non-CEO-type role. CCJ seems to be one of them.