Leonard Davis

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Leonard Davis

Unread post by windywave »

I hope he wins and I hope he sues the school. Universities are not prosecutors and do not offer due process. [The rest of this is edited but let's just say it would bash the sua sponte interpretation of Title IX and the obligations it places on universities by a certain politically motivated agency headquartered in a city of cherry blossoms).
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

windywave wrote:I hope he wins and I hope he sues the school. Universities are not prosecutors and do not offer due process. [The rest of this is edited but let's just say it would bash the sua sponte interpretation of Title IX and the obligations it places on universities by a certain politically motivated agency headquartered in a city of cherry blossoms).
Totally agree, some kids are really getting screwed by universities with this kind of stuff.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

He should have been white and went to Stanford where he'd be given preferential treatment.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

Right, no black athletes have ever gotten away with anything
windywave
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:He should have been white and went to Stanford where he'd be given preferential treatment.
Um Google this: Yale, basketball, lawsuit.

Now that you're done with that, imagine he wasn't an athlete. That's the bigger issue.
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:He should have been white and went to Stanford where he'd be given preferential treatment.

Now that you're done with that, imagine he wasn't an athlete. That's the bigger issue.
Don't really care enough about Yale to look it up and it won't tell me anything I don't already know. I was just using the Stanford case specifically because it was more recent and the most profound. In hindsight, I should have left the color out of it as that doesn't really add anything to the statement (more so, joke) about the absurdity of the results of the Stanford situation.
Tulane Greenbackers

windywave
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:

Don't really care enough about Yale to look it up and it won't tell me anything I don't already know. I was just using the Stanford case specifically because it was more recent and the most profound. In hindsight, I should have left the color out of it as that doesn't really add anything to the statement (more so, joke) about the absurdity of the results of the Stanford situation.
Absurdity? Check out the Yale story.
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:

Decided to look it up while watching the Cubs celebration and parade on MLB network. That one is pretty bad. Too much jump to conclusion and example setting in these cases for their to be a fair process.
Tulane Greenbackers

windywave
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:

Decided to look it up while watching the Cubs celebration and parade on MLB network. That one is pretty bad. Too much jump to conclusion and example setting in these cases for their to be a fair process.
No doody. A certain agency is forcing schools to do this doody and it is un-American....if there is a crime committed then the police should investigate, the state charge, and a jury decide. What you have now is a bunch of college students decoding with no protections afforded the accused
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:

No doody. A certain agency is forcing schools to do this doody and it is un-American....if there is a crime committed then the police should investigate, the state charge, and a jury decide. What you have now is a bunch of college students decoding with no protections afforded the accused
Another example from the other side is the girl at Virginia that had a Rolling Stone article written about her rape only to find out she made the whole thing up.
Tulane Greenbackers

windywave
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:

Another example from the other side is the girl at Virginia that had a Rolling Stone article written about her rape only to find out she made the whole thing up.
The other side? how so?
#cousins don't count