Andy Cannizaro to Miss St?

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Andy Cannizaro to Miss St?

Unread post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:I'll ask the pressing question. Will you secretly root for AC to fail just so TD looks like the genius? I'll hang up and listen :wink:
I may be in the minority but I don't care one lick about college baseball outside of Tulane. I root for us and don't care about any other teams. I wish Andy luck because he's an alum, but I won't be following MSU and once this thread dies, won't think a thing about them until we are playing them in the postseason.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote:
waverider wrote:I'll ask the pressing question. Will you secretly root for AC to fail just so TD looks like the genius? I'll hang up and listen :wink:
I may be in the minority but I don't care one lick about college baseball outside of Tulane. I root for us and don't care about any other teams. I wish Andy luck because he's an alum, but I won't be following MSU and once this thread dies, won't think a thing about them until we are playing them in the postseason.
Same here. I hope Andy does spectacularly well. And if he does, I will never use his success as a post facto cudgel against Tulane. I'll leave that to Andy's tweeting relatives.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

+1
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:And if AC implodes? Is TD a genius? Some people seem to have sour grapes. Woulda Shoulda Coulda. I could give a flying frick about MSU and someone we didn't hire. All I care about is how we do.
If AC is no good and Jewett is, yea he kind of looks great.

Nobody here has said they give a F about Miss St. but it would be dumb to think some fans won't be interested to see how AC does in comparison to Jewett
I actually follow Mississippi State pretty closely (they're my "other" team, and I root for them when they're not playing Tulane). It's worth noting that the former baseball coach was promoted to AD and replacing himself with AC was his first move.

I hope we meet in the CWS, and both succeed. Who knows what happened behind the scenes? Clearly, Jewett is a great hire on paper. If he had been available, Jewett would certainly have been a candidate for the MSU job.

Starkville sucks, but it is a very good baseball head coaching gig. Good for AC for getting the job. Hopefully, both teams go undefeated until Tulane beats them in the CWS finals.
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Unread post by SlidellWave »

I will openly root for AC to fail. Not because of AC or our choice but because I dislike State so much. I root for them to fail in everything (unless they are playing LSU or Tennessee). Having lived in MS I can't stand their fans or their cowbells. I would have rather AC gone almost anywhere but there, then I would have rooted for him.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

SlidellWave wrote:I will openly root for AC to fail. Not because of AC or our choice but because I dislike State so much. I root for them to fail in everything (unless they are playing LSU or Tennessee). Having lived in MS I can't stand their fans or their cowbells. I would have rather AC gone almost anywhere but there, then I would have rooted for him.
You actually find the cowbells more obnoxious than Ole Miss supporters?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

waverider wrote:Former lsu player Alex Bregman tweeted a congrats and added "LOL at Tulane for passing on him".

I tried finding it but couldn't. The person that I saw quoting it had the word petty written in all caps.

One thing I'm curious is what his salary will be compared to what we offered and if he had an idea that job could his when he interviewed with us. May not have been all on Dannen, but I really have no inside knowledge to any details.
We didn't offer him a salary.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Unread post by Tulane49 »

WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

GretnaGrn wrote: You actually find the cowbells more obnoxious than Ole Miss supporters?
Is there any doubt? :angel:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16