Matt Forte

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
sr
Regent's Circle

Matt Forte

Post by sr »

3 rushing TD's tonight ties his best previous output. Looks like the Jets know how to use Mr. Forte.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Matt Forte

Post by windywave »

[Every cuss word combination I can think of] Bears.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

And my starting RB! Nice to start with a 28 pt cushion!
Bring home da Wave!
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

This morning on ESPN the talking head was commenting that before the season the knock on the Jets was that their offense was long in the tooth; he said that the game, particularly as shown by Forte's performance, shows that they are a more complete team and a force to be reckoned with.

The Bears lose Forte, keep Cutler; is there any question as to who was more important to any success they had the past several seasons, given their performance so far this year?
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Forte had a great game against the Bengals, regardless of the final stats (yeah, I know he had almost 200 yards total offense, but people always look for the magical 100-yard mark in either rushing or receiving, and he didn't hit 100 in either individually). But if you watched the game, his yardage was "important". But gains on early downs, crucial 3rd down pick ups, etc. He really fits well in that offense and clearly has been working hard to keep in shape since he's "so old". I didn't see last night but I wish him a great season!
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:Forte had a great game against the Bengals, regardless of the final stats (yeah, I know he had almost 200 yards total offense, but people always look for the magical 100-yard mark in either rushing or receiving, and he didn't hit 100 in either individually). But if you watched the game, his yardage was "important". But gains on early downs, crucial 3rd down pick ups, etc. He really fits well in that offense and clearly has been working hard to keep in shape since he's "so old". I didn't see last night but I wish him a great season!
Very similar last night; he made important yards and scored the TDs to put the game away.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

doncecco wrote:And my starting RB! Nice to start with a 28 pt cushion!
28? He gave me almost 34. 100 yd rushing, 3 TD, 2 rec for 10 yds
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

PeteRasche wrote:Forte had a great game against the Bengals, regardless of the final stats (yeah, I know he had almost 200 yards total offense, but people always look for the magical 100-yard mark in either rushing or receiving, and he didn't hit 100 in either individually). But if you watched the game, his yardage was "important". But gains on early downs, crucial 3rd down pick ups, etc. He really fits well in that offense and clearly has been working hard to keep in shape since he's "so old". I didn't see last night but I wish him a great season!
3 point bonus for 100 yds in my leagues
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Just saw this on ESPN. Not a bad list of names to be on.
It got lost in the mess at Pittsburgh, but Jets RB Matt Forte became the 10th running back in history with 500 career receptions. He did it in 125 career games. Only three others can say that -- Marshall Faulk (112), LaDainian Tomlinson (118) and Roger Craig (123).
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

Forte is absolutely wasted with the Jets. It's really too bad that Matt has to play for two franchises with plodding offensive schemes.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

forte played behind bad O lines in Chicago, but he got lots of combined yards, this year is a totally different story
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

Matt has been on NFL Network Super Bowl coverage all week. Has great knowledge, if he works on communication skills, he could get a job in the booth once retired.
Plan your work, work your plan.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

Rotorooter wrote:Matt has been on NFL Network Super Bowl coverage all week. Has great knowledge, if he works on communication skills, he could get a job in the booth once retired.
If he wants it; his got his degree in finance, so he has options....
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

GretnaGrn wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:Matt has been on NFL Network Super Bowl coverage all week. Has great knowledge, if he works on communication skills, he could get a job in the booth once retired.
Meaning he would actually get a real job after making millions of dollars in the NFL?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

gerryb323 wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
Meaning he would actually get a real job after making millions of dollars in the NFL?
That depends on your views on finance.... :angel:

More seriously, he would likely have the capital to set himself up as a trader or financial advisor, or simply wisely invest his earnings, so he's unlikely to end up needing to do anything he doesn't choose to do.

Lastly, I am very disappointed you didn't get my pun.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

GretnaGrn wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
That depends on your views on finance.... :angel:

More seriously, he would likely have the capital to set himself up as a trader or financial advisor, or simply wisely invest his earnings, so he's unlikely to end up needing to do anything he doesn't choose to do.

Lastly, I am very disappointed you didn't get my pun.
:( I blame the drugs from my sinus surgery! Puns are usually my....forte
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone