Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7564
Location: Dripping Springs
Maybe Dylan has developed a corner shot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7506
Location: Charlotte
Rotorooter wrote:
DO must have really hated the TU experience. Or Shaka Smart sold him a bill of goods. I could see if he went to a Kansas St, say, to play in the top 7-8 players. But Texas with their recruiting budget and ability to bring in talent? Going to be a tough deal once it's all said and done. Can't say I feel sorry for him. I thought it was a bad decision for him at the time, but I don't know all of the inner workings of things.

Onward.


it was clear he was butthurt over Conroy getting dumped... he had no interest in knowing whom our new coach was going to be... I would hope he uttered a Homer Simpsonian "DOH!" when he learned it was Mike Dunleavy... sure, he probably feels he landed in a better situation... but he can always transfer back as a 5th year grad student!

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
Quote:
. but he can always transfer back as a 5th year grad student!


You need to get slapped upside the head

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7506
Location: Charlotte
windywave wrote:
Quote:
. but he can always transfer back as a 5th year grad student!


You need to get slapped upside the head


guess since it wasn't in pink, you couldn't recognize sarcasm

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
Quote:
. but he can always transfer back as a 5th year grad student!


You need to get slapped upside the head


guess since it wasn't in pink, you couldn't recognize sarcasm


Some folks are here are deluded

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5731
Location: Wichita
Watching OT of the UT-Tx Tech game and Dylan has dreadlocks now! Not the best look for him (or anyone). He's got 8 and 8 right now. Plays a lot for them.

And Keenan Evans for Tech just hit the Jordan push off to win it. Not sure why they don't put 0.1 or 0.2 back on the clock there. Evans had 38 (18 FTs).

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5731
Location: Wichita
Dylan's got 18 for Texas in its first round Big 12 tourney game against Kansas with 12 minutes left. No help though and they're losing.

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 2852
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5731
Location: Wichita
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.

Yeah, we definitely could have used him last year.

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:15 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Marietta, GA
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.


Looks to me like DO made the right choice, in light of everything that has happened.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5731
Location: Wichita
Rotorooter wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.


Looks to me like DO made the right choice, in light of everything that has happened.

He may have made a big difference last year

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:38 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21418
Location: Cincinnati, OH
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.


Looks to me like DO made the right choice, in light of everything that has happened.

He may have made a big difference last year

Nope. He was good but not good enough to overcome the lack of coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5731
Location: Wichita
PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.


Looks to me like DO made the right choice, in light of everything that has happened.

He may have made a big difference last year

Nope. He was good but not good enough to overcome the lack of coaching.

To be clear, I'm referring to last year as 17-18 when we had 2 NBA players on our roster. This past year, nothing was helping us.

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21418
Location: Cincinnati, OH
gerryb323 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Roller wrote:
Hard to stay bitter about him, when I realize that Tulane will fare better in the deal than he will.


It was a low bar, but he definitely fared better than we did.


Looks to me like DO made the right choice, in light of everything that has happened.

He may have made a big difference last year

Nope. He was good but not good enough to overcome the lack of coaching.

To be clear, I'm referring to last year as 17-18 when we had 2 NBA players on our roster. This past year, nothing was helping us.

I suspected you were, but even with two NBA players we still stunk, so do you think DO would have really mattered?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group