Tanner Lee

In memory of Howie, Sr., get Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
Locked
User avatar
Rotorooter
President's Circle
Posts: 4194
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Rotorooter »

Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


I didn't think so.
Plan your work, work your plan.

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6934
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by gerryb323 »

wavedom wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Baker Mayfield
Josh Allen
Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Tanner Lee

One of these things is not like the others.....


(yeah, I know, it's Allen, because he played FCS :mrgreen: )


Except that he didn't.

Yeah, last I checked Wyoming was FBS. Although it's not a P5, so same same? :twisted:
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8693
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Johnny Mac »

Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


Only bet I'll make is that he throws more than 1
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11085
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by ml wave »

Rotorooter wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


I didn't think so.

I'll bet he cashes paychecks from the NFL this year

User avatar
waverider
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22438
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: North Kenner

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by waverider »

Johnny Mac wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


Only bet I'll make is that he throws more than 1

Or that at least one is returned for 6.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22225
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


I didn't think so.

I'll bet he cashes paychecks from the NFL this year


After training camp?
Using big words is not a personal attack

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11085
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


I didn't think so.

I'll bet he cashes paychecks from the NFL this year


After training camp?

Sure, including practice squad and not counting any sort of injury.

User avatar
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle
Posts: 23456
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Baker Mayfield
Josh Allen
Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Tanner Lee

One of these things is not like the others.....


(yeah, I know, it's Allen, because he played FCS :mrgreen: )


Except that he didn't.

Yeah, last I checked Wyoming was FBS. Although it's not a P5, so same same? :twisted:

Dang, for some reason I was thinking Montana instead of Wyoming. Hadn't had coffee yet. :oops:

User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8693
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Johnny Mac »

ml wave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


I didn't think so.

I'll bet he cashes paychecks from the NFL this year


weekly game checks or the signing bonus he gets that covers his pay for training camp?
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11085
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:


I'll lay down odds that he will throw an interception in the game. Any takers?


I didn't think so.

I'll bet he cashes paychecks from the NFL this year


weekly game checks or the signing bonus he gets that covers his pay for training camp?

As I mentioned earlier, game checks or practice squad checks. Also signing bonus if drafted (though I'd assume if he's drafted he'd make either a roster or practice squad). No bet in the event of injury.

User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8693
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Johnny Mac »

ml wave wrote:As I mentioned earlier, game checks or practice squad checks. Also signing bonus if drafted (though I'd assume if he's drafted he'd make either a roster or practice squad). No bet in the event of injury.


Don't have to be drafted to get a signing bonus... guys who sign contracts for training camp get signing bonuses or else why would they come to training camp? Players don't draw a paycheck until week 1 of the regular season.. so these guys who sign contracts and don't make the team need some compensation for their 4 to 5 weeks of work.. and that's the minuscule signing bonuses (think 10 grandish) that come with the contracts for the minimum salary they'd earn should the get a spot on the team.
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 11085
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:As I mentioned earlier, game checks or practice squad checks. Also signing bonus if drafted (though I'd assume if he's drafted he'd make either a roster or practice squad). No bet in the event of injury.


Don't have to be drafted to get a signing bonus... guys who sign contracts for training camp get signing bonuses or else why would they come to training camp? Players don't draw a paycheck until week 1 of the regular season.. so these guys who sign contracts and don't make the team need some compensation for their 4 to 5 weeks of work.. and that's the minuscule signing bonuses (think 10 grandish) that come with the contracts for the minimum salary they'd earn should the get a spot on the team.

Yeah, I'm well aware of that (most if not all guys go to training camp/mini camp for the shot to make a roster, btw, not for the piddly signing bonus) which is why I specified a signing bonus if drafted because that would be more significant than what you're referring to...if you want to give me those signing bonuses on my side of the bet as well, I'll take it but that seems unfair.

User avatar
Roller
Cornerstone
Posts: 32758
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Roller »

Johnny Mac wrote:...so these guys who sign contracts and don't make the team need some compensation for their 4 to 5 weeks of work.. and that's the minuscule signing bonuses (think 10 grandish) that come with the contracts for the minimum salary they'd earn should the get a spot on the team.
I know a lot of people who would not think of $10K as "minuscule" for 4 to 5 weeks of work with a chance to earn bigger things.

User avatar
OGSB
Emerald Circle
Posts: 16866
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by OGSB »

Lee entered for the first time with 10 minutes left in the third quarter and promptly showed his pocket awareness, rolling out and finding an open receiver with an accurate throw. The problem: the receiver dropped the pass.
Lee had a rough third quarter. He got in late. On his first play, he was blindsided, knocked down for a sack and lost the ball. South team's Marcus Davenport, a former UTSA defensive end, scooped up the fumble and returned it 23 yards for a touchdown. On his next play on the next series, he tossed an interception.


http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_07cf90f2-0395-11e8-9cc3-97e126729e50.html
Past performance is no guarantee of future results

windywave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 22225
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by windywave »

Roller wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:...so these guys who sign contracts and don't make the team need some compensation for their 4 to 5 weeks of work.. and that's the minuscule signing bonuses (think 10 grandish) that come with the contracts for the minimum salary they'd earn should the get a spot on the team.
I know a lot of people who would not think of $10K as "minuscule" for 4 to 5 weeks of work with a chance to earn bigger things.

They are called the plebians
Using big words is not a personal attack

User avatar
Rotorooter
President's Circle
Posts: 4194
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Rotorooter »

OGSB wrote:
Lee entered for the first time with 10 minutes left in the third quarter and promptly showed his pocket awareness, rolling out and finding an open receiver with an accurate throw. The problem: the receiver dropped the pass.
Lee had a rough third quarter. He got in late. On his first play, he was blindsided, knocked down for a sack and lost the ball. South team's Marcus Davenport, a former UTSA defensive end, scooped up the fumble and returned it 23 yards for a touchdown. On his next play on the next series, he tossed an interception.


http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_07cf90f2-0395-11e8-9cc3-97e126729e50.html

Horse is on the ground, not breathing and bleeding profusely.
Plan your work, work your plan.

User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8693
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Johnny Mac »

it wasn't just the game where Lee hurt his draft position.. apparently in drills this week, he was dubbed "the turnover machine" according to a Cornhusker message board... one poster said he had 18 reps in 7 on 7 drills and threw three INTS
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

NJwave
Regent's Circle
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by NJwave »

Johnny Mac wrote:it wasn't just the game where Lee hurt his draft position.. apparently in drills this week, he was dubbed "the turnover machine" according to a Cornhusker message board... one poster said he had 18 reps in 7 on 7 drills and threw three INTS


Scary thing is they see that as an improvement.

gerryb323
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6934
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Wichita

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by gerryb323 »

Rotorooter wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Lee entered for the first time with 10 minutes left in the third quarter and promptly showed his pocket awareness, rolling out and finding an open receiver with an accurate throw. The problem: the receiver dropped the pass.
Lee had a rough third quarter. He got in late. On his first play, he was blindsided, knocked down for a sack and lost the ball. South team's Marcus Davenport, a former UTSA defensive end, scooped up the fumble and returned it 23 yards for a touchdown. On his next play on the next series, he tossed an interception.


http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_07cf90f2-0395-11e8-9cc3-97e126729e50.html

Horse is on the ground, not breathing and bleeding profusely.


I think it stopped bleeding even
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

User avatar
sr
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: Dripping Springs

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by sr »

NJwave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:it wasn't just the game where Lee hurt his draft position.. apparently in drills this week, he was dubbed "the turnover machine" according to a Cornhusker message board... one poster said he had 18 reps in 7 on 7 drills and threw three INTS


Scary thing is they see that as an improvement.

Don't those guys read this board ..... no surprises here.

User avatar
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8693
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by Johnny Mac »

from The Draft Wire

Lee is listed as a "loser"

"Lee spent most of his week inviting negative comments about his accuracy issues in practice, and his game-day performance wasn’t much better. The redshirt junior completed just eight of his 19 pass attempts, throwing an interception that wasn’t his first of the week. While Lee has some intriguing physical tools, he didn’t do his already-low draft stock any favors in Mobile."
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

User avatar
TUPF
Emerald Circle
Posts: 20237
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by TUPF »

Nuke LaLoosh needs an Annie Savoy.
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere

User avatar
PCWave
Crest Level
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:37 pm
Location: New Orleans/Harahan, LA

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by PCWave »

TUPF you stumped me with your last post. I guess I am too old to understand. :-D
Harahan Wave

User avatar
TUPF
Emerald Circle
Posts: 20237
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by TUPF »

PCWave wrote:TUPF you stumped me with your last post. I guess I am too old to understand. :-D

The Kevin Costner movie Bull Durham about minor league baseball players. “Nuke” LaLoosh was the pitching prospect “with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head” who was taken under the wing of veteran catcher Crash Davis. As importantly, Nuke is scooped up by cougar Annie Savoy who makes it her duty each season to school a young protege in the ways of the world and hopefully send him on his way to The Show.

Every time Tanner Lee throws a Pick 6, I think of Nuke LaLoosh throwing a 98 MPH fastball over the backstop.
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere

AO Sig
Regent's Circle
Posts: 8027
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee

Re: Tanner Lee

Post by AO Sig »

TUPF wrote:
PCWave wrote:TUPF you stumped me with your last post. I guess I am too old to understand. :-D

The Kevin Costner movie Bull Durham about minor league baseball players. “Nuke” LaLoosh was the pitching prospect “with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head” who was taken under the wing of veteran catcher Crash Davis. As importantly, Nuke is scooped up by cougar Annie Savoy who makes it her duty each season to school a young protege in the ways of the world and hopefully send him on his way to The Show.

Every time Tanner Lee throws a Pick 6, I think of Nuke LaLoosh throwing a 98 MPH fastball over the backstop.


I must commend you; educating your colleagues is a very admirable trait, and the more we can do that using references and analogies in sports-related (and other) movies, the better. Once again, we have proven that we are a cut above so many other fan sites, where the majority of the posts are monosyllabic, and any use of creativity is frowned upon (or at least not the norm). Keep up the great work! :-D
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Locked