Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:54 pm 
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
We actually agree, though your comprehension skills need work.

Or your writing skills do, since I took it the same way ml did. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 pm 
Emerald Circle

murphwave wrote:
Can members of their current team transfer without sitting out a season (due to coaching change hardship?)? If so, we could probably pick up a recruit or two. Also, it would mend some fences if we found an assistant role for Jake G (assuming he will be without a job at end of season). Maybe he will be happy being our assistant (vs. thinking he should be our head coach).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:06 pm 
Regent's Circle

murphwave wrote:
Can members of their current team transfer without sitting out a season (due to coaching change hardship?)? If so, we could probably pick up a recruit or two. Also, it would mend some fences if we found an assistant role for Jake G (assuming he will be without a job at end of season). Maybe he will be happy being our assistant (vs. thinking he should be our head coach).

HEY Y'ALL I'M DACOACHO AN I APPROVA DIS POST

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:11 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
We actually agree, though your comprehension skills need work.

Or your writing skills do, since I took it the same way ml did. :wink: :mrgreen:

:king:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm 
Head Trainer

It's the proverbial cautionary "tail."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 pm 
Emerald Circle

To borrow that line from a former Tulane football assistant quote: p***y is (still) undefeated.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 am 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
I would really like it if she was involved with Mullens and UF fires him too

from the inside info I was handed this morning.. she's at Florida now... so smoke? fire?

all I can say is having read what I saw this morning.. if it's true.. it's incredibly tragic

The guy was obsessed... it was impacting job performance as in he wasn't doing his because he was texting or on the phone.. assistants were about to walk because of it.. some of the higher ups had hoped her leaving for Florida would end it... as was mentioned above, it made it worse as far as job performance was concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 am 
Emerald Circle

Public info (message boards) says she won't be working at UF much longer. If she got up to anything with Mullen she'll get a hefty sum in return for an NDA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
Public info (message boards) says she won't be working at UF much longer. If she got up to anything with Mullen she'll get a hefty sum in return for an NDA.

Mullen must go

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
sr wrote:
The bomb was dropped. The mushroom cloud is ever expanding and the fallout is trickling down. Besides AC the other party's family gets dragged into this. One can only hope it stops there and doesn't spread ...

Fallout of both the public relations and nuclear kind is insidious. If AC’s lawyer spouse is the least bit vindictive he is going to wind up in a one bedroom apartment doing uniform laundry/coaching for a DIII school until his purgatory is served. Of course he’ll pop up somewhere again in a few years but the next few might not be pretty.

I wouldn't imagine the pros would care much about this...that could be a landing spot. Not sure if being on the road scouting would be seen as a plus or minus family-wise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

from the inside info I was handed this morning.. she's at Florida now... so smoke? fire?

all I can say is having read what I saw this morning.. if it's true.. it's incredibly tragic

The guy was obsessed... it was impacting job performance as in he wasn't doing his because he was texting or on the phone.. assistants were about to walk because of it.. some of the higher ups had hoped her leaving for Florida would end it... as was mentioned above, it made it worse as far as job performance was concerned.

This is how I can justify his firing in my mind. If his actions were affecting his work, then that is more than enough reason to be fired.
Might explain the opening week sweep.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 pm 
Coach Level

waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

This is how I can justify his firing in my mind. If his actions were affecting his work, then that is more than enough reason to be fired.

One message board I read said that MSU was tracking him and his cell use, and it was pretty much anytime USM was up to bat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:00 pm 
Emerald Circle

SlidellWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

One message board I read said that MSU was tracking him and his cell use, and it was pretty much anytime USM was up to bat.
The dude had it BAD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:14 pm 
Regent's Circle

SlidellWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

What, texting? So either doing this in the dugout (in view of cameras, coaches and half the team?) or he was leaving the dugout every inning? Not sure that passes the smell test.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:15 pm 
Regent's Circle

waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

Wouldn't think that would be "for cause" though...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

He lied to the AD about it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

He lied to the AD about it
It’s always the lies. Did Nixon teach us nothing?! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:43 pm 
Coach Level

SlidellWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

That sounds like BS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:

That sounds like BS
I agree. Not doubting Slidell read it, just the validity of the information.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 am 
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:

That sounds like BS

You mean internet message boards aren't 100% truthful and accurate?? :lol:

Meanwhile, I agree with this story, the lack of transparency, especially in this day and age, has been surprising.
http://www.wwl.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/se ... esignation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:37 am 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Meanwhile, I agree with this story, the lack of transparency, especially in this day and age, has been surprising.

Agreed. The speculation on what happened is worse than what the truth probably is, at least for MSU. AC needs to fend for himself. Looks like Moo U needs to get a better PR agency working for them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am 
Emerald Circle

They don't want to nor should they comment due to the possible daresay probable upcoming litigation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 am 
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Agreed. The speculation on what happened is worse than what the truth probably is, at least for MSU. AC needs to fend for himself. Looks like Moo U needs to get a better PR agency working for them.

One of the many adages I learned professionally: go ugly early. No bad news gets better with age.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:19 am 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

One of the many adages I learned professionally: go ugly early. No bad news gets better with age.

I thought one went ugly at last call.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:41 am 
Regent's Circle

waverider wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:

That sounds like BS

the information I got that indicated they were monitoring him actually came from someone inside the Athletic Dept... so the message boards got it right

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next