Cam Reynolds signs contract with Kings

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Cam Reynolds signs contract with Kings

Post by 1309th WAVE »

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/6 ... ath=mbball

Guaranteed contract. He'll at least be on their G-league team if not the 15 man. Big ups to Cam. Coach Dunleavy's promises to recruits now have at least 2 tangible examples to point to.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Cam Reynolds signs contract with Kings

Post by Baywave1 »

Nice guy from a nice family. I will miss seeing them at MBB games. This is a good landing place for Cam to continue to develop. He should be able to have a decent pro career somewhere even if it's Europe.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

One knock I've always heard on Perry Clark is he had no connections and no interest in getting his players into the NBA. I was burned out and didn't even look into it (a whole other long story) but many of my teammates never got the shot they should have, even coming from successful teams. MD appears to be the exact opposite, getting guys into the league even when the team isn't doing as well.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:One knock I've always heard on Perry Clark is he had no connections and no interest in getting his players into the NBA. I was burned out and didn't even look into it (a whole other long story) but many of my teammates never got the shot they should have, even coming from successful teams. MD appears to be the exact opposite, getting guys into the league even when the team isn't doing as well.
Can you imagine the careers Linton Johnson, Anthony Reed, and Jerald Honeycutt could have had in the NBA with MD's preparation? And that's leaving out folks who didn't even get tryouts who could have gotten that extra push with MD's connections.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

I was once a general manager of a CBA team with a former NBA player as our head coach. He had connections galore, and persuading players to play for us was much easier since they knew that connections and luck have a lot to do with getting a shot at an NBA team. So, I agree that the MD connection will make a difference. I have seen several players who were as good as current NBA players, but didn't have someone to open the right door or were not in the right place at the right time. Also, attitude and demeanor mean a lot more at the NBA level. They don't want any "knuckleheads" on their roster. We had a player once who was as good as Joe Dumars, but no one would touch him because he was a head case and unpredictable.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Cheerleader wrote:I was once a general manager of a CBA team with a former NBA player as our head coach. He had connections galore, and persuading players to play for us was much easier since they knew that connections and luck have a lot to do with getting a shot at an NBA team. So, I agree that the MD connection will make a difference. I have seen several players who were as good as current NBA players, but didn't have someone to open the right door or were not in the right place at the right time. Also, attitude and demeanor mean a lot more at the NBA level. They don't want any "knuckleheads" on their roster. We had a player once who was as good as Joe Dumars, but no one would touch him because he was a head case and unpredictable.
You sound like you've had a interesting career!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

Yes, I have, but that was only a small part of it. We figured out we couldn't make any money at it or sell to an NBA team, so we sold it to another fool after three years. But I have a million stories that made it all worth it. We did win the championship in 1989, with Wes Matthews, Sr. hitting the winning three pointer. (and he was a head case, too).
angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Post by angrywavedad »

Thought he had officially signed, but now it appears he has officially, officially signed.
https://twitter.com/CamoCinco/status/10 ... 9109711875
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Cam is playing for USA basketball in the FIBA World Cup qualifying
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

It seems like every day the DLeague team he’s on is tweeting out highlights of Cam while “bragging” about his performance. I don’t know NBA rosters but he has to be close to getting a shot.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Looked at his numbers and he is averaging 15 per game and shooting 42% from 3. He had 30 on Friday night. Watching the highlights you can see how confident he looks. It’s great to see.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

NJwave wrote:Looked at his numbers and he is averaging 15 per game and shooting 42% from 3. He had 30 on Friday night. Watching the highlights you can see how confident he looks. It’s great to see.
He and Melvin Frasier are the reason Dunleavy is safe this year.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Former Tulane forward Cameron Reynolds signs 10-day contract with Minnesota

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/for ... esota.html

The signing comes on the heels of Reynolds’ performance with the USA World Cup Qualifying team coached by Jeff Van Gundy. Against Panama last Friday, Reynolds had 26 points on 10-of-16 shooting while hitting six threes.

we miss him............badly
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

GreenieBacker wrote:Former Tulane forward Cameron Reynolds signs 10-day contract with Minnesota

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/for ... esota.html

The signing comes on the heels of Reynolds’ performance with the USA World Cup Qualifying team coached by Jeff Van Gundy. Against Panama last Friday, Reynolds had 26 points on 10-of-16 shooting while hitting six threes.

we miss him............badly
Dumb closing comment. Let’s please just confine this to congratulating Cameron for realizing his dream.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

MNAlum wrote:Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!
My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

AO Sig wrote:
MNAlum wrote:Cam is up for a rude MN weather awakening. Record snow fall and below average temps. Good thing we have sky-ways, he will likely never have to go outside from the hotel to the practice facility to the arena. Good luck Cam! Go T-Wolves!
My national organization had its meeting in Minneapolis a number of years ago; in their usual brilliance they had it in November, so we availed ourselves of the skyway. No offence, but I felt like a hamster in a habitrail by the end of the week.

My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November. One year at a Boston meeting I heard an academician from UC San Diego open his session saying, "I would like to thank the ACR for giving me the opportunity to come to Boston in November. I guess Anchorage was already taken."
Touche!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

AO Sig wrote:

Chicago is beautiful in November
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:

If you consider gray, sleety, cold and windy beautiful, have at it. That is the weather the last two times it was a beautiful McCormick place.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
AO Sig wrote:

If you consider gray, sleety, cold and windy beautiful, have at it. That is the weather the last two times it was a beautiful McCormick place.
Bad luck for you
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

AO Sig wrote:My organization seems to relish going to places like Boston, Chicago and D.C in November.
Cheaper "out of season" rates. My organization has the same deal. Chicago, Minneapolis, Boston, New York, and Denver in January. Orlando, Houston, Las Vegas, and Atlanta in the summer.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Tulane hoops notebook: Cam Reynolds second 2017-18 Wave player to make NBA

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9e659.html

really nice article on Cam. And we could have really used his Senior leadership as well as overall play this year. Might have helped the freshmen settle in easier (who have looked lost at times)
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Wasn't Cam the Senior and Mel the Junior last year??
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

He was I was just dreaming that in a perfect world Cam would have had one more year
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

sr wrote:Wasn't Cam the Senior and Mel the Junior last year??
He was in fact a fifth year senior last year.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes