Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:50 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 22355
Location: North Kenner
Doss was drafted 15th overall (7th pick of 2nd rd) by the New York Guardians of the XFL and graciously declined...

Quote:
Im extremely thankful for the pick @XFLGuardians ! I have no intentions of playing in the XFL next year. As of right now my focus is elsewhere. Goodluck to everyone who will be playing in this great league!

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3927
Location: Greeneville, TN
Interesting that he put his name in the pool at all if he wasn't planning to play. Maybe just wanted to keep his options open


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10966
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Interesting that he put his name in the pool at all if he wasn't planning to play. Maybe just wanted to keep his options open
The Guardians fans must be furious!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 8557
Location: Charlotte
ml wave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Interesting that he put his name in the pool at all if he wasn't planning to play. Maybe just wanted to keep his options open
The Guardians fans must be furious!!


think of their front office and how they feel having passed on Tarleton State legend Dashaun Philips only to see him go 2 picks later to their arch rival Dallas Renegades

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10966
Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Interesting that he put his name in the pool at all if he wasn't planning to play. Maybe just wanted to keep his options open
The Guardians fans must be furious!!


think of their front office and how they feel having passed on Tarleton State legend Dashaun Philips only to see him go 2 picks later to their arch rival Dallas Renegades
I expect heads to role!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 22355
Location: North Kenner
ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Interesting that he put his name in the pool at all if he wasn't planning to play. Maybe just wanted to keep his options open
The Guardians fans must be furious!!


think of their front office and how they feel having passed on Tarleton State legend Dashaun Philips only to see him go 2 picks later to their arch rival Dallas Renegades
I expect heads to role!
Since it’s the XFL I expect some kind of cage match.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:33 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10966
waverider wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Interesting that he put his name in the pool at all if he wasn't planning to play. Maybe just wanted to keep his options open
The Guardians fans must be furious!!


think of their front office and how they feel having passed on Tarleton State legend Dashaun Philips only to see him go 2 picks later to their arch rival Dallas Renegades
I expect heads to role!
Since it’s the XFL I expect some kind of cage match.
Xtreme!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:43 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 8557
Location: Charlotte
looking back at XFL 1.0, "HeHateMe", aka Rod Smart, lived on my street several years back. Rod was rarely home, which was quite entertaining as the county sheriff's department made bi-weekly visits to his home to serve him papers... we assumed from one of many, assorted baby mamas. Rod also didn't pay his bills (probably one of the reasons he was continually being served papers). Shortly before we sold our house on that street, I was mistakenly emailed the HOA finances and it included all of the unpaid HOA dues and how much was outstanding. Rod never made a single payment and owed over 12 grand. After we moved away, his house was finally foreclosed upon.

To end this pointless story, one of the few times Rod was home, I saw him pull his old 1980 something Caddy out of the garage.. it had "HeHateMe" embroidered into the front seat head rests.

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lorenzo Doss
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10966
Johnny Mac wrote:
To end this pointless story, one of the few times Rod was home, I saw him pull his old 1980 something Caddy out of the garage.. it had "HeHateMe" embroidered into the front seat head rests.
Talk about burying the lede!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group