Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
Bowden gave credit to his predecessor at Tulane.
“I inherited some great players that Buddy Teevens had left so I really hit it at a good time,” Bowden said. “The people here treated me really good. Sandy Barbour was the athletic director at that time who really tried to give me everything we needed to be successful.”
The job Bowden did at Tulane drew the attention of Clemson, who made Bowden an offer he could not refuse.
“At that particular time, the Saints were not winning, LSU was not winning so Tulane going undefeated, it was a tough decision to leave,” Bowden said.
Bowden is impressed with the job Willie Fritz is doing at Tulane.
“He has been really cordial to me,” Bowden said. “He has given me invitations to come back. He has treated me really good. When they hired him, I thought he would be the right guy and he is the right guy. I hope they can keep him because I think he will continue to have more success which will make him an attractive candidate somewhere else. I hope he stays. He’s the right guy at the right time.”

https://crescentcitysports.com/tommy-bowden-lauds-tulane-weighs-in-on-clemson-lsu/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:36 pm 
Emerald Circle

OGSB wrote:
Quote:
“I inherited some great players that Buddy Teevens had left so I really hit it at a good time,” Bowden said. “The people here treated me really good. Sandy Barbour was the athletic director at that time who really tried to give me everything we needed to be successful.”
The job Bowden did at Tulane drew the attention of Clemson, who made Bowden an offer he could not refuse.
“At that particular time, the Saints were not winning, LSU was not winning so Tulane going undefeated, it was a tough decision to leave,” Bowden said.
“He has been really cordial to me,” Bowden said. “He has given me invitations to come back. He has treated me really good. When they hired him, I thought he would be the right guy and he is the right guy. I hope they can keep him because I think he will continue to have more success which will make him an attractive candidate somewhere else. I hope he stays. He’s the right guy at the right time.”

https://crescentcitysports.com/tommy-bowden-lauds-tulane-weighs-in-on-clemson-lsu/

He hope's Fritz stays but his traitorous ass left. Hypocrite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Yeah:

Quote:
When he spoke at the luncheon, addressing the crowd, Bowden addressed the student-athletes in the crowd, strongly encouraging them to consider attending Tulane.
“You can win and win big at Tulane and it is a great academic university in a great city,” Bowden said.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 am 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

He's just being nice...what do you want him to say, Fritz should bounce at the earliest opportunity? We all know that's going to happen regardless of what Bowden says, might as well take the high road.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

Bowden is a "southern gentleman". He's being nice to his hosts. I don't see him mentioning anything about Winnebagos but he sure did then.

"You can win and win big at Tulane" .... what he didn't say was "...and use that success to get a job at a P5 school."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:06 pm 
Coach Level

"I hope they can keep him because I think he will continue to have more success which will make him an attractive candidate somewhere else. I hope he stays. He’s the right guy at the right time.”

Actually, I think he is saying "...and use that success to get a job at a P5 school."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

He's just being nice...what do you want him to say, Fritz should bounce at the earliest opportunity? We all know that's going to happen regardless of what Bowden says, might as well take the high road.

I made a huge mistake, I frick up, if I had stayed I'd still br the coach, I have shamed my family etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:09 am 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

I made a huge mistake, I frick up, if I had stayed I'd still br the coach, I have shamed my family etc.
Figured that was understood...some things don't need to be said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:23 pm 
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

I still have a grudge against him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:46 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Mack Brown, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:12 pm 
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:

Mack Brown, too.

Nope wasn't aware of Tulane then