Buay Koka

In memory of Howie, Sr., get Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
doc
Coach Level

Buay Koka

Post by doc »

9 minutes, 2points,1 rebound, 2 steals, and 1 block in his first game at Detroit Mercy vs Wright State.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Re: Buay Koka

Post by Baywave1 »

Koka started and played decently in OT loss to Oakland in second game. Played 20+ minutes with some foul trouble. Had eight rebounds and a few points. Glad to see he may have a decent (and interesting) season for a bad Detroit team. He may be a prime example of how the transfer portal can work very well for all concerned. In two games with Detroit, Koka has played more than he would have all season for Tulane.

Addendum: Horizon League is using COVID back-to-back scheduling (akin to a DH but over two days.) So Detroit and Oakland play again today. Game is on ESPN+ this afternoon if you want to take a Koka viewing break from NFL.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

If you have interest, Detroit Mercy plays on ESPNU at 8pm tonight. (Tulane game is at 6pm.) DM is hot having won seven of its last eight. Koka has not played for several weeks so I assume he is injured but I could not determine his current status in a brief internet search.

Earlier in the season, he was in the rotation playing 13 minutes per game. So if he is ok, maybe we see how he stacks up against a decent Cleveland State.

Also, he did graduate from Tulane in less than three years. So I assume he helped the Tulane team GPA to the end.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Graduation from a four year college in three years would be impressive for anyone. A full time D1 athlete with all the commitment that entails, so much the more so.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.