Caleb Daniels

In memory of Howie, Sr., get Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Caleb Daniels

Post by TUPF »

Looking pretty tough for Villanova vs. Baylor for an Elite Eight berth.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Caleb Daniels

Post by PeteRasche »

Didn't look so hot in the second half. Nonetheless, my wife passed through the room during the second half and I said "See that guy there? He played for Tulane a few years then transferred to Villanova"... and her response was, "well, he certainly was smart."

So, yeah. Played in a Sweet Sixteen game, which no Tulane team has ever done.

BTW, the second half of today's game was literally the only time I saw Villanova this entire year. Did they call him "the Tulane transfer" often? Ever? Was it even brought up?
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:56 pm Didn't look so hot in the second half. Nonetheless, my wife passed through the room during the second half and I said "See that guy there? He played for Tulane a few years then transferred to Villanova"... and her response was, "well, he certainly was smart."

So, yeah. Played in a Sweet Sixteen game, which no Tulane team has ever done.

BTW, the second half of today's game was literally the only time I saw Villanova this entire year. Did they call him "the Tulane transfer" often? Ever? Was it even brought up?
In their second round game they mentioned that when he transferred Dunleavy called Jay Wright to tell him what a great kid Daniels is and that he would fit right in their program.

Daniels mostly stood around the 3 point line during the year waiting while others looked to create and kick for the open look. It clearly was how they best saw fit to use him while at Tulane he created his own shot more. I saw them play several times and it was mentioned a lot during the regular season.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

I saw him play several times this past season. Tulane was mentioned a lot.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I saw Nova play 5+ times this season and Daniels was generally solid and sometimes spectacular. I think in the loss for him and several other Nova players, they tried too hard. Daniels looked unnatural and very uncomfortable. In short, the pressure of the moment seemed to get the better of him that night.

If he returns to Nova, I guess the experience will strengthen him.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He had a bad game in Villanova's finale. At times Nova was playing 4 on 5 on offense with him in there. That's just one game. If Nova had not had such bad luck with injuries he might have done much better in an appropriate role.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this