Tulane WAR ROOM - up and running 09:00AM

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Tulane WAR ROOM - up and running 09:00AM

Unread post by waverider »

Good thing we have Scott to rely on!!!

btw, 17 are in, 1 reported as out (a 3 star at that)
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
bigmoneytx

Unread post by bigmoneytx »

waverider wrote:Good thing we have Scott to rely on!!!

Yeah, if it turns out true than we lost a huge one at a need spot and JtS is slipping! :wink:
bigmoneytx

Pat Husain is the latest prepster to check in. Husain is a 6-6, 285-pound lineman from Evanston Township High School in Evanston, Ill. He earned first team all-Central Suburban-South Conference and all-area as a senior. He chose the Green Wave over Boston College, Harvard, Wisconsin and Toledo.
A 6-2, 196-pound defensive back from Port Lucie, Fla., Funderburk prepped at Treasure Coast High School where he was a three-star recruit by ESPN.com and was ranked as the No. 89 safety in the nation. He chose Tulane over Mississippi State, Kansas, Louisville, Florida Atlantic and UL-Lafayette.
JtS
Regent's Circle

Unread post by JtS »

bigmoneytx wrote:

Yeah, if it turns out true than we lost a huge one at a need spot and JtS is slipping! :wink:
Slippin ain't the word!

With everything going on, I have ignored totally recruiting this year. UGA losing so many kids at the end changed plans for a lot of GA players. From what I heard it was mass confusion in the state the last two weeks. Our kid who switched to Navy was a surprise even to Navy. I was surprised Kentucky, Vandy or one of the schools raided by UGA at the end didn't turn to him.

If we lose just one commitment this is a very good year...
bigmoneytx

JtS wrote:
bigmoneytx wrote:

Slippin ain't the word!

With everything going on, I have ignored totally recruiting this year. UGA losing so many kids at the end changed plans for a lot of GA players. From what I heard it was mass confusion in the state the last two weeks. Our kid who switched to Navy was a surprise even to Navy. I was surprised Kentucky, Vandy or one of the schools raided by UGA at the end didn't turn to him.

If we lose just one commitment this is a very good year...
You know I love you man - and its a good year - we only lost one - confirmed 24 in.

What do we do with that one left over
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

Yes....It seems like a VERY solid class. CBT sounded good on the interview. Lots of help for special teams. The other thing is we're going to have the tranfers from Iowa(Moses) & Duke(Mackey). Maybe we can pick-up someone for that 25th spot.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

this may end up opening Pandora's Box but kinda makes you wish we could've got that JUCO DT that Coach Dodd talked about back in December at the New Orleans QB Club, kid was a JUCO All-American according to Coach D.
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Someone save me the time and effort and tell me who the commit was that changed his mind and signed with Navy.

Otherwise, looks like a decent class. I am concerned that we only have one WR signed when it seemed to be such a weak spot last year.... but the defense sure looks to be improved, at least on paper.
Observer
President's Circle

Unread post by Observer »

Yep. A JUCO All-America who wanted to come to Tulane. The coaches wanted him badly. But sadly, they could not get him in. I guess that dispells the contentions of some that the football staff can get anyone NCAA qualifier they want.
bigmoneytx

PeteRasche wrote:Someone save me the time and effort and tell me who the commit was that changed his mind and signed with Navy.

Otherwise, looks like a decent class. I am concerned that we only have one WR signed when it seemed to be such a weak spot last year.... but the defense sure looks to be improved, at least on paper.
JAmel DObbs is the only that didnt send a fax
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TPSTulane »

Who did he sign with?
Answer:
Arizona............ (turned down Saban's grayshirt offer)
McKnight said Arizona and Arkansas became his top two schools after Alabama Coach Nick Saban asked McKnight to sign but not enter school until January of 2011. McKnight rejected the grayshirt offer.
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."