Tulane signs Combo Guard Kevin Brown

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
mrchess
Breaker Level

Tulane signs Combo Guard Kevin Brown

Unread post by mrchess »

bigmoneytx

Re: Tulane signs Combo Guard Kevin Brown

Unread post by bigmoneytx »

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... ew_tu.html

New Tulane men's basketball Coach Ed Conroy gets first signee
By Tammy Nunez, The Times-Picayune
April 30, 2010, 9:41PM

Ed Conroy isn't a month into his post as Tulane men's basketball coach, but he got his first signature Friday in guard Kevin Brown.

Brown is a 6-foot-2, 195-pound guard out of Houston. He originally signed with Central Florida but was released from his letter of intent in early April
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

Lose a 5 10 guard, get a 6 2 guard. Not sure how they compare, but we got one that wants to be here.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
wdcwave
Crest Level

Unread post by wdcwave »

Wonder if "tricky ricky"had a hand in this signing?
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

What are you talking about?
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GSx »

What about some JCs.
Our two most successful coaches in my time following the Wave, Perry Clark and Ned Fowler, brought in JCs and transfers for immediate impact (perhaps year 2 for Clark).
It serves 2 purposes - you get immediate help PLUS you don't tie yourself up for 4 years; with all the rush, I'd think it would be easier to mis-evaluate or mis-assess your needs.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

From what I understand, UNC is releasing two bothers - the Wear twins. Both 6'10". ALthough they are from California, a three year stop in New Orleans would certainly help them both grow and develop. THey are undecided now and will figure on a new school in the next few weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5167323

Travis and David Wear, the highly touted, highly recruited McDonald's All-American twins, will transfer from North Carolina and could be granted their release from their scholarships as early as Thursday.

The Wear twins, who were McDonald's All-Americans in high school at Mater Dei in southern California, had thought about transferring since the end of the season and Dave Wear, father of the twins, notified North Carolina coach Roy Williams of his sons' intentions Wednesday.

"We're really not in a position to go into detail about [the transfer] at this time but obviously the geographic challenge of being cross-country was a factor," said Wear, who was waiting on the official release from the school, which he anticipated would be completed by Thursday night.

Dave Wear said he would sit down with his sons after their release to go over their options and reiterated their future school would likely be close to home. Before choosing North Carolina, the Wears had considered UCLA and Arizona, which are once again in the mix.

"When I get the release we'll sit down and look at what the options are from an academic standpoint and from a basketball opportunity standpoint and that's going to depend on what schools we reach out to and what schools reach out to us," he said. "I would probably say making any commitment to an East Coast school would be challenging to say the least."

When Dave Wear and Mater Dei basketball coach Gary McKnight were asked if the twins' decision to transfer had more to do with their experience at North Carolina than simple geography, they declined to go into detail.

"I'm not going to comment in that respect," Wear said, adding he'd have more to say once the twins' transfer was complete. "I can't really comment on that at this time."

"I just know they're glad they're coming home," McKnight said.

The brothers each averaged 10 or more minutes per game as freshmen at Chapel Hill. Travis, who is 6-foot-10 and 235 pounds, averaged 3.5 points and 2.2 rebounds per game. David, who is 6-foot-10 and 225 pounds, contributed 2.9 points and 1.7 rebounds a game .....