Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:01 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2929
Location: Destin, FL
long green wrote:
Tulane Insider is tweeting that we've added Deion Rainey, the DE from Southern Lab.
Not quite Sci Martin's profile as a recruit but an impressive bounceback.


A lot of good players want to be a part of this class. If one of the early commits waivers there is a high quality player looking to take their spot. The staff has done a great job of keeping on a lot of high profile guys even after their positions had filled up for situations just like this.

Rainey was at one of the Saturday practices this spring. He is a physical specimen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20177
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Donny Z wrote:
@RoyceLaFrance48: Some of these recruits need to think.

@RoyceLaFrance48: @TUJoinTheBuzzFB next 4 years instead of the hype they feed into for the next 9months

Sigh... If only immature high schoolers listened to their elders. Royce is 100% right and these kids are most likely going to end up unhappy with their decisions, but they'll never listen now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:48 am 
Offline
Breaker Level
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Posts: 423
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
PeteRasche wrote:
Donny Z wrote:
@RoyceLaFrance48: Some of these recruits need to think.

@RoyceLaFrance48: @TUJoinTheBuzzFB next 4 years instead of the hype they feed into for the next 9months

Sigh... If only immature high schoolers listened to their elders. Royce is 100% right and these kids are most likely going to end up unhappy with their decisions, but they'll never listen now.



Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans. The problem with the whole process is the amount of pressure of the decision and how coaches, media types and fans ratchet up the intensity. You are making a lifelong decision, it's pretty heavy for them. And most of the time the glitz and glamor (facilities, fan bases, stadiums, cost of attendance, uniforms) mask the real reasons for choosing an institution.

_________________
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:57 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18264
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
charlamange8 wrote:
Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans.
At times I have second-guessed those years but now that I am almost 60, I realize that I am who I am because of all the choices I made, good and bad. What I am saying is that woulda coulda shoulda struggles in your head are useless because one never knows about the paths not taken. They could have been worse and it is crapshoot whether things would have been better--too many variables.

So enjoy where you are going forward and look at past choices as part of who you are. We can advise our youngers to consider but ultimately they have to decide what matters at each crossroads.

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:32 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7048
Location: Wisconsin
TUPF wrote:
charlamange8 wrote:
Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans.
At times I have second-guessed those years but now that I am almost 60, I realize that I am who I am because of all the choices I made, good and bad. What I am saying is that woulda coulda shoulda struggles in your head are useless because one never knows about the paths not taken. They could have been worse and it is crapshoot whether things would have been better--too many variables.

So enjoy where you are going forward and look at past choices as part of who you are. We can advise our youngers to consider but ultimately they have to decide what matters at each crossroads.

WELL SAID!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:22 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 6047
Location: Gretna, LA
TUPF wrote:
charlamange8 wrote:
Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans.
At times I have second-guessed those years but now that I am almost 60, I realize that I am who I am because of all the choices I made, good and bad. What I am saying is that woulda coulda shoulda struggles in your head are useless because one never knows about the paths not taken. They could have been worse and it is crapshoot whether things would have been better--too many variables.

So enjoy where you are going forward and look at past choices as part of who you are. We can advise our youngers to consider but ultimately they have to decide what matters at each crossroads.

True dat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20177
Location: Cincinnati, OH
TUPF wrote:
So enjoy where you are going forward and look at past choices as part of who you are. We can advise our youngers to consider but ultimately they have to decide what matters at each crossroads.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:50 am
Posts: 5824
Location: West
***BUMP***

Per The Advocate, Sci Martin is transferring from LSU to East Mississippi Junior College.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/951943617005998082

_________________
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20177
Location: Cincinnati, OH
QuarterbackU wrote:
***BUMP***

Per The Advocate, Sci Martin is transferring from LSU to East Mississippi Junior College.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/951943617005998082

But can HE get 11 12 pages on YOGWF? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20839
Location: North Kenner
PeteRasche wrote:
QuarterbackU wrote:
***BUMP***

Per The Advocate, Sci Martin is transferring from LSU to East Mississippi Junior College.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/951943617005998082

But can HE get 11 12 pages on YOGWF? :lol:

Another one that chose lsu bites the dust and I’m sure a good number of people on here predicted he wouldn’t finish his career there.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group