Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:01 am 
President's Circle

long green wrote:
Tulane Insider is tweeting that we've added Deion Rainey, the DE from Southern Lab.
Not quite Sci Martin's profile as a recruit but an impressive bounceback.

A lot of good players want to be a part of this class. If one of the early commits waivers there is a high quality player looking to take their spot. The staff has done a great job of keeping on a lot of high profile guys even after their positions had filled up for situations just like this.

Rainey was at one of the Saturday practices this spring. He is a physical specimen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 am 
Emerald Circle

Donny Z wrote:
@RoyceLaFrance48: Some of these recruits need to think.

@RoyceLaFrance48: @TUJoinTheBuzzFB next 4 years instead of the hype they feed into for the next 9months

Sigh... If only immature high schoolers listened to their elders. Royce is 100% right and these kids are most likely going to end up unhappy with their decisions, but they'll never listen now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:48 am 
Breaker Level

PeteRasche wrote:
Donny Z wrote:
@RoyceLaFrance48: Some of these recruits need to think.

@RoyceLaFrance48: @TUJoinTheBuzzFB next 4 years instead of the hype they feed into for the next 9months

Sigh... If only immature high schoolers listened to their elders. Royce is 100% right and these kids are most likely going to end up unhappy with their decisions, but they'll never listen now.

Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans. The problem with the whole process is the amount of pressure of the decision and how coaches, media types and fans ratchet up the intensity. You are making a lifelong decision, it's pretty heavy for them. And most of the time the glitz and glamor (facilities, fan bases, stadiums, cost of attendance, uniforms) mask the real reasons for choosing an institution.

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:57 am 
Emerald Circle

charlamange8 wrote:
Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans.
At times I have second-guessed those years but now that I am almost 60, I realize that I am who I am because of all the choices I made, good and bad. What I am saying is that woulda coulda shoulda struggles in your head are useless because one never knows about the paths not taken. They could have been worse and it is crapshoot whether things would have been better--too many variables.

So enjoy where you are going forward and look at past choices as part of who you are. We can advise our youngers to consider but ultimately they have to decide what matters at each crossroads.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:32 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
charlamange8 wrote:
Unfortunately the price of youth is ignorance. I'm sure most of us made questionable decisions at 17-18 years old, looking back I should've went somewhere else but I was a Tulane fan & from New Orleans.
At times I have second-guessed those years but now that I am almost 60, I realize that I am who I am because of all the choices I made, good and bad. What I am saying is that woulda coulda shoulda struggles in your head are useless because one never knows about the paths not taken. They could have been worse and it is crapshoot whether things would have been better--too many variables.

So enjoy where you are going forward and look at past choices as part of who you are. We can advise our youngers to consider but ultimately they have to decide what matters at each crossroads.

WELL SAID!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:22 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
charlamange8 wrote:

True dat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am 
Regent's Circle

***BUMP***

Per The Advocate, Sci Martin is transferring from LSU to East Mississippi Junior College.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/951943617005998082

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 am 
Emerald Circle

QuarterbackU wrote:
***BUMP***

Per The Advocate, Sci Martin is transferring from LSU to East Mississippi Junior College.

But can HE get 11 12 pages on YOGWF? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 am 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
QuarterbackU wrote:
***BUMP***

But can HE get 11 12 pages on YOGWF? :lol:

Another one that chose lsu bites the dust and I’m sure a good number of people on here predicted he wouldn’t finish his career there.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson