Do not tweet at recruits

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Do not tweet at recruits

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
Sophandros wrote:Example of what happens when fanbases don't police their own:

https://bustedcoverage.com/2017/12/20/c ... leg-tweet/
That's from two years ago
He posted that two years ago. Apparently it was just discovered by 70s man
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

Sophandros wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 pm Example of what happens when fanbases don't police their own:

https://bustedcoverage.com/2017/12/20/c ... leg-tweet/
Funny now Cade has requested, and received transfer from UG back to UT. NCAA granted waiver for him to play immediately, but SEC didn't. He needs to sit out. But he's now a Vol.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I turned on the radio just in time to lsu blowhard Matt Mascona encouraging fans to “bombard” recruits’ social media accounts and “shower them with praise” to let them know how much they are wanted in Baton Rouge. Said it’s the only way to turn the program around.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:02 pm I turned on the radio just in time to lsu blowhard Matt Mascona encouraging fans to “bombard” recruits’ social media accounts and “shower them with praise” to let them know how much they are wanted in Baton Rouge. Said it’s the only way to turn the program around.
Hell they might as well offer them money on twitter, LSU has done far worse and gotten away with it.

(shoots sideways glance at Odell Beckham)
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Obverse side of coin is harassing those who don't go to LSU or worse flip their commitment. There is a reason "Respect my decision" became popular boilerplate for the latter.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:21 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:02 pm I turned on the radio just in time to lsu blowhard Matt Mascona encouraging fans to “bombard” recruits’ social media accounts and “shower them with praise” to let them know how much they are wanted in Baton Rouge. Said it’s the only way to turn the program around.
Hell they might as well offer them money on twitter, LSU has done far worse and gotten away with it.

The Odell Beckham incident was elementary compared to what they routinely get away with.
Tulane Greenbackers

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I'm truly curious how this image comp will work. If this were last year perhaps we would have seen, " Come drive Baton Rouge Huckster Brothers Presidential Limousines, the official ride of Joe Burrow." With a shot of our Heisman Trophy winner behind the wheel! (Warning to you literal readers: that's a joke.)

It used to be phantom jobs for the athlete and/or family members was one widely used payoff mechanism. With the image rules, I guess we will see more than enough ways for the big boosters to take care of the stars directly and above board.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

I could see LSU players as spokes-models for criminal defense attorneys. "When I faced sexual assault allegations, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe harassed my accuser until she dropped charges. Go with the pros, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe."
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:21 pm

The Odell Beckham incident was elementary compared to what they routinely get away with.
That's a strong-ass accusation, rider.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

randymc wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 am I could see LSU players as spokes-models for criminal defense attorneys. "When I faced sexual assault allegations, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe harassed my accuser until she dropped charges. Go with the pros, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe."
:lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

Well, this policy sure has paid dividends
NolaChic
Junior

Post by NolaChic »

In the age of NIL fan base excitement on social media is very important. After receiving an offer recruits ‘measure’ the fans tweets, likes and follows of fans. Positive Social media engagement of fans on social media is a must
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

NolaChic wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:57 am In the age of NIL fan base excitement on social media is very important. After receiving an offer recruits ‘measure’ the fans tweets, likes and follows of fans. Positive Social media engagement of fans on social media is a must
This is a good point. Most folks here (from a completely non-scientific measure of "what people generally have said in the past") are not on Twitter, but for those who are, or who might join, they probably should understand that hitting the "like" (heart) button on a tweet is not the same as "tweeting at" a recruit. If you follow any of the Tulane staff or any Tulane athletics feeds and they share or comment on a recruit's tweet or post something about a recruit and that shows up in your Twitter feed, there's no reason to not hit the little heart on that.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:17 am
NolaChic wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:57 am In the age of NIL fan base excitement on social media is very important. After receiving an offer recruits ‘measure’ the fans tweets, likes and follows of fans. Positive Social media engagement of fans on social media is a must
This is a good point. Most folks here (from a completely non-scientific measure of "what people generally have said in the past") are not on Twitter, but for those who are, or who might join, they probably should understand that hitting the "like" (heart) button on a tweet is not the same as "tweeting at" a recruit. If you follow any of the Tulane staff or any Tulane athletics feeds and they share or comment on a recruit's tweet or post something about a recruit and that shows up in your Twitter feed, there's no reason to not hit the little heart on that.
Wait…are you saying I can’t send death threats to a kid who commits to a rival like fans at Big State U do? :?

On a serious note, yes, you can like a tweet from Tulane related accounts but keep in mind, booster rules governed by the NCAA dictate how much interaction we can have with unsigned players.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

If a Tulane account likes or comments on some recruit then technically what is showing up in your feed is the Tulane tweet so liking that tweet is perfectly legal. These are the ones that we probably should be be showering with likes as suggested above. I suspect lots of folks here don't necessarily understand the difference there. None of us should likely be directly following the recruits' accounts themselves.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Guys, there is absolutely nothing wrong with tweeting positive things at recruits. In fact, recruits love it. NEVER EVER tweet anything negative, but these kids LOVE the attention. When a kid gets an offer, they want to see hundreds of tweets congratulating them. I don't follow recruits (they are kids), but if FTW or someone else retweets it, I will always tweet a Roll Wave or a Tulane gif.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

They had a kid from South Florida earlier in the process requesting some love from Tulane. Hope that wasn’t his basis for going somewhere else, but if it was, good riddance.