2018 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Re: 2018 Football Recruiting

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Juan Monjarres, 3* DL with some decent offers per 24/7 (best looks to be Washington State). Looks like a very solid get, assuming he sticks.

http://247sports.com/Player/Juan-Monjarres-91073
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Edge rusher for us. Ivies offered as well, so grades are no worry. Excellent start.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
long green
Cornerstone

Reports of another one. Put it as a possible until WF RW's it. Quinshawn Lucious of MS.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

long green wrote:Reports of another one. Put it as a possible until WF RW's it. Quinshawn Lucious of MS.
Quinshawn tweeted "100% committed to Tulane" but I haven't seen Fritz tweet it.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

waverider wrote:
long green wrote:Reports of another one. Put it as a possible until WF RW's it. Quinshawn Lucious of MS.
Quinshawn tweeted "100% committed to Tulane" but I haven't seen Fritz tweet it.
Here's Quinshawn's tweet -
https://twitter.com/_lahtito_/status/867163844380172290
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Apparently Quinshon has yet to call the coaches and talk to them about his commitment. This could either be a formality (i.e.- we'll accept the commitment but are just waiting to talk to the kid) or he's trying to commit via twitter and he doesn't have a firm offer. Time will tell...but nothing is firm until Fritz tweets it (or the coaches re-tweet his commitment tweet). We've seen it five or six times over the past few years where a player will commit on twitter without talking to the coaches.
This one belongs to the Wave.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Keep an eye on Deshawn Raymond, a former 4-star cornerback who prepped at East Jefferson. He signed with TCU a couple of years ago and just announced his transfer. Immediately after, he and Wesley Fritz started following each other on twitter, so at least there's a dialogue. Deshawn enrolled at TCU early, and he's a rising junior. Would have to sit out this year unless there are extenuating circumstances (i.e.- sick relative, etc.). Has two years of eligibility left as he has not burned a redshirt.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

We're at 1 commit (Monjarres)....not 2.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Player to watch: Michael Washington, CB Monrovia High in Monrovia, California. Originally from New Orleans. We just offered him today, but his twitter banner has been Tulane football for weeks. Like Colin Slater, left NOLA for Cali but still calls Tulane his "hometown" school.
http://www.hudl.com/v/1p8nbi
long green
Cornerstone

TU23 wrote:Keep an eye on Deshawn Raymond, a former 4-star cornerback who prepped at East Jefferson. He signed with TCU a couple of years ago and just announced his transfer. Immediately after, he and Wesley Fritz started following each other on twitter, so at least there's a dialogue. Deshawn enrolled at TCU early, and he's a rising junior. Would have to sit out this year unless there are extenuating circumstances (i.e.- sick relative, etc.). Has two years of eligibility left as he has not burned a redshirt.
he played as a true freshman. Not a ton but he played. I can't find his name in the 2016 stats for TCU. I don't know about the "four star" thing with him. He has a good frame and legit track speed but his recruiting profile peaked at this time before his senior year. Local HS coaches used to have arguments over him nola.com, with some of them thinking he wasn't really a football player. But a DB who's over six feet with that speed is a guy coaches will take a chance on.

Wesley Fritz follows a lot of major college transfers. Maybe there's something real in this case.
long green
Cornerstone

TU23 wrote:Player to watch: Michael Washington, CB Monrovia High in Monrovia, California. Originally from New Orleans. We just offered him today, but his twitter banner has been Tulane football for weeks. Like Colin Slater, left NOLA for Cali but still calls Tulane his "hometown" school.
http://www.hudl.com/v/1p8nbi

10.85 100m as a junior, plays both sides of the ball and return kicks, has offers from BYU, Hawaii, and San Jose St.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

long green wrote:
TU23 wrote:Keep an eye on Deshawn Raymond, a former 4-star cornerback who prepped at East Jefferson. He signed with TCU a couple of years ago and just announced his transfer. Immediately after, he and Wesley Fritz started following each other on twitter, so at least there's a dialogue. Deshawn enrolled at TCU early, and he's a rising junior. Would have to sit out this year unless there are extenuating circumstances (i.e.- sick relative, etc.). Has two years of eligibility left as he has not burned a redshirt.
he played as a true freshman. Not a ton but he played. I can't find his name in the 2016 stats for TCU. I don't know about the "four star" thing with him. He has a good frame and legit track speed but his recruiting profile peaked at this time before his senior year. Local HS coaches used to have arguments over him nola.com, with some of them thinking he wasn't really a football player. But a DB who's over six feet with that speed is a guy coaches will take a chance on.

Wesley Fritz follows a lot of major college transfers. Maybe there's something real in this case.
He was 4 stars by Rivals, Scout and 247, but I get what you mean...he didn't play up to that level. And you're right about Wes...he does follow a ton of transfers. The only two that happened are Dauphine and Knighton. Raymond did not play at all as a sophomore at TCU and struggled to stay healthy after his freshman season. Whoever takes him will bet on the size/speed.
long green
Cornerstone

Personally, I'd pass and take a chance on finding another Willie Langham for next year.

I'm not saying he didn't have high ratings, I'm saying that this might be a guy who the services missed on. TCU took him on for understandable reasons but they weren't beating out every national power for him.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

I agree re: Langham. I think he's a stud in the making.
long green
Cornerstone

Guillory is hinting broadly that we might be picking up our second commitment soon, also from a local product.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Wonder what's coming from GLafrance04??

https://twitter.com/GLafrance04/status/ ... 7912651776
long green
Cornerstone

Jeremy Gibson, one of our RB targets, committed to Arkansas.
long green
Cornerstone

Garland LaFrance, OL Princeton Pines, TE/WR Josh Quiett, & an OL from Texas are on campus this weekend. Pines is from BR & has several good offers. He is not quite the small quick type. Quiett is late riser, also from BR. The TX OL is named Christian Duffie & is well regarded.

This from a tweet by Guillory.
long green
Cornerstone

Will Guillory tweeted out a Wave gif. Let's see if that is his way of heralding breaking recruiting news.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

I think Josh Quiett is really close to pulling the trigger, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. We're looking at him at TE since he's already in the 230 range. I think they see him as an athletic TE who can work on his blocking and eventually be a 250 lb receiving threat.
waverider
Cornerstone

TU23 wrote:I think Josh Quiett is really close to pulling the trigger, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. We're looking at him at TE since he's already in the 230 range. I think they see him as an athletic TE who can work on his blocking and eventually be a 250 lb receiving threat.
That's one of the ones 24/7's "crystal ball predictions" had 100% Tulane (Wimberly is another).
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

waverider wrote:
TU23 wrote:I think Josh Quiett is really close to pulling the trigger, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. We're looking at him at TE since he's already in the 230 range. I think they see him as an athletic TE who can work on his blocking and eventually be a 250 lb receiving threat.
That's one of the ones 24/7's "crystal ball predictions" had 100% Tulane (Wimberly is another).
I gave him his own thread, but Quiett is official.
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

Another tidal wave gif from Will Guillory.
long green
Cornerstone

He is Amare Jones, a dual threat QB from Frisco, TX. Three stars on 247, offers from Tulsa & UNT. An athlete prospect? He's under 5'10" and threw for 1,552 yards & 18 Ted's while rushing for 1,984 yards & 27 td's.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

long green wrote:He is Amare Jones, a dual threat QB from Frisco, TX. Three stars on 247, offers from Tulsa & UNT. An athlete prospect? He's under 5'10" and threw for 1,552 yards & 18 Ted's while rushing for 1,984 yards & 27 td's.
WOW ..... Some Stats !!