2018 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: 2018 Football Recruiting

Post by GreenieBacker »

maybe its Lafrance now that Brumfield committed to Texas Tech :lol:
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Saintgreenie
Breaker Level

Post by Saintgreenie »

long green wrote:Guillory's doing the Wave gif thing again.
Love the potential of the kids we've gotten this week, but hoping this one will be a bit of a splash (no pun intended). Something more in line with the last wave of commitments.
Saintgreenie
Breaker Level

Post by Saintgreenie »

Saintgreenie wrote:
Love the potential of the kids we've gotten this week, but hoping this one will be a bit of a splash (no pun intended). Something more in line with the last wave of commitments.
And I'd say this one qualifies. 3 star safety, but looks to be recruited as a big physical CB for us.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Anderson-45572403
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Saintgreenie wrote:
Stop it!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Looks like we got another one coming

https://twitter.com/willguillory/status ... 1163950080
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

We wanted this guy bad. And I've never seen a school singles out like this (that he's not going to) in a commitment tweet. Maybe this one isn't over and he'll come back to us.

https://twitter.com/dupontqc3/status/893900858416607234
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Donny Z wrote:We wanted this guy bad. And I've never seen a school singles out like this (that he's not going to) in a commitment tweet. Maybe this one isn't over and he'll come back to us.

https://twitter.com/dupontqc3/status/893900858416607234
After they have another disappointing year including a loss to Tulane on our homecoming, he'll realize he was wrong.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Garland makes his TTU commitment official (for what it's worth)
https://twitter.com/GLafrance04/status/ ... 4175154176
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

After how last week ended re recruiting, this week has surely started very slow.
ThePig
Riptide Level

Post by ThePig »

sr wrote:After how last week ended re recruiting, this week has surely started very slow.
I don't know that we have more than 5 spots that we are sure will be available, so I would expect recruiting to slow a little. I'm thinking that we need another running back and at least one linebacker. I'm hopeful that the rest will be used for the best players available regardless of position. We may have more open up, but I wouldn't count on it until later.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

ThePig wrote:
sr wrote:After how last week ended re recruiting, this week has surely started very slow.
I don't know that we have more than 5 spots that we are sure will be available, so I would expect recruiting to slow a little. I'm thinking that we need another running back and at least one linebacker. I'm hopeful that the rest will be used for the best players available regardless of position. We may have more open up, but I wouldn't count on it until later.
I think you should have 1 QB and 3 OL in EVERY class.
Plan your work, work your plan.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

ThePig wrote:
I'd go one RB, one WR, one LB, one DB.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

How many RB's in this class so far? We need at least 2 to replace Badie and Hilliard.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Man in Green wrote:How many RB's in this class so far? We need at least 2 to replace Badie and Hilliard.
0 RB commits (since Lafrance decommitted), unless I'm missing something.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

MNAlum wrote:
Man in Green wrote:How many RB's in this class so far? We need at least 2 to replace Badie and Hilliard.
0 RB commits (since Lafrance decommitted), unless I'm missing something.
One could consider recruit #6 3-star prospect Amare Jones, a dual-threat QB from Frisco, TX, a RB.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Jones will be a running back here. Period. So that's one. This was stated plainly in the articles written when he committed.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

We also have the transfer from Texas tech that has to sit out this season
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

RB is a high risk position I think we need two more. If we have room for 5 two more OL is a must to get our numbers up and finish with another big NT size DT. I'm sure 0ne or two spots will open in Jan for another position.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

we have too many needs and too little space to devote scholarships to a goal as murky as getting "our numbers up." They're going up, anyway. Last year we had twelve OL's half of whom were hurt, didn't play at all, played very sparingly, or only did something limited like PK protection. This year we have thirteen OL's with as many as nine competing for serious playing time. We have no seniors so even if we lost one guy to attrition we'd have fifteen for next year with the three guys committed. OL depth is a problem on the way to being solved.

Here's a position no one has yet talked about filling: punter. Block has made solid progress and should be pretty good or better going forward but he's a senior next year. If we have the space and there's a good prospect out there, why not get that guy and redshirt him in 2018? Such a practice has worked for us before at the kicking positions.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Regarding punters, I agree. I'd rather have a redshirt freshman than a true freshman starting. We've been bit by the true freshman bug with PKs recently as well.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

We sent out some new RB offers last week. Keep a close eye on Keshawn Morgan, 6'0 225 from Georgia. He's a physical back with good speed for a big guy. Offers from UAB, USF, Georgia State, Tulane. He could be a good understudy to Darius Bradwell.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5248625/580 ... 72f0b9d845
This one belongs to the Wave.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

The rolling wave is back. I'll guess Mike Washington of CA, who had an interesting Tulane-themed tweet yesterday.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote:The rolling wave is back. I'll guess Mike Washington of CA, who had an interesting Tulane-themed tweet yesterday.
Saw that. Do we open with Wake next season?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Re: 2018 Football Recruiting-future schedule

Post by RI WAVE »

So - it looks like Fritz and staff are learning that we need to "get bigger" at skilled positions (and defense - nickel back and corners) to compete in the AAC. Well we have a lot of talent in LA, and if we are successful in 2017 (like I expect) then we will need to recruit even better to be competitive with our out of conference schedule in the future. some great teams and some big time football powers are on the docket! Roll Wave - hope I am still around to see us knock a few of them off!

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/aac/tul ... n-wave.php