Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am 
Navigator Level

Well let's see?

Steve Lattimer fictitious character
Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger out of eligibility remember 2 years at Holy Cross College
Jonathan Moxon went to Brown wasn't interested in Football
"Icebox O'Shea would have Title IX issues
Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass works for ABC

I think Al Bundy may have snuck in...................

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 am 
Regent's Circle

Billow wrote:
Anyone have an inkling who the 4th commitment maybe this weekend.

Any guesses - could it have been an earlier commitment from last week ??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 am 
Emerald Circle

the tweet from Jones was this weekend. If it is from the visiting group I would rank them in probability like this:
1) Ellison, the LB from Odessa; 2) Brooks the CB from Kennedale, TX 3) Smith, the TE/WR from Mobile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 am 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
the tweet from Jones was this weekend. If it is from the visiting group I would rank them in probability like this:
1) Ellison, the LB from Odessa; 2) Brooks the CB from Kennedale, TX 3) Smith, the TE/WR from Mobile

At least it's meaningful speculation. I don't have a clue but what's most encouraging is that Amare is apparently steadfast in his commitment. He was having a season for the ages when he broke his ankle. I look forward to him hitting the field in green next season. (Or is gray or black or sky blue or white? :mrgreen:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
long green wrote:

At least it's meaningful speculation. I don't have a clue but what's most encouraging is that Amare is apparently steadfast in his commitment. He was having a season for the ages when he broke his ankle. I look forward to him hitting the field in green next season. (Or is gray or black or sky blue or white? :mrgreen:)

I will disavow saying this but when I was in the equipment room last Tuesday the grays did not look as terrible as it does on TV. Still think it should be donated to a youth league.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
long green wrote:

I will disavow saying this but when I was in the equipment room last Tuesday the grays did not look as terrible as it does on TV. Still think it should be donated to a youth league.

... so the equipment manager bought you lunch ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

sr wrote:
Billow wrote:

fearthewave is reporting that after checking around he does not think there was a fourth commitment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:56 pm 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
sr wrote:
Billow wrote:

fearthewave is reporting that after checking around he does not think there was a fourth commitment.

Yeah, I just saw this -

From FTW -
Quote:
Finally, there was some discussion that a fourth commit may have happened over the weekend. I've confirmed that is not the case -- we are at three new Wave pledges, but of course more could come this week.

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/status/940289492321058816

http://www.fearthewave.com/story?id=fritzmas-tracking-the-wave-rolls-on-the-recruiting-trail-with-3-commits

Last edited by sr on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm 
Riptide Level

sr wrote:
long green wrote:
sr wrote:
Billow wrote:

Yeah, I just saw this -

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/status/940289492321058816

http://www.fearthewave.com/story?id=fritzmas-tracking-the-wave-rolls-on-the-recruiting-trail-with-3-commits

Just to be crystal clear: this is not to say a 4th commit will not come from this weekend's visits. There was just an error on the tweet everyone saw, and there is no 'silent commit' yet from the 9 visitors to Uptown.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 pm 
Coach Level

Is the December signing period going to encourage kids to enroll for the January semester to be able to count back to last year more than what happens already?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm 
Riptide Level

Just speculation but I noticed today that Glen changed his Twitter to say he's a graduate (and thus eligible to transfer). May be one to watch.

EDIT: Didn't realize the earlier Glen tweet confirmed it. Thanks wavedom. Carry on.

Last edited by fearthewave on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 pm 
Breaker Level

fearthewave wrote:
Just speculation but I noticed today that Glen changed his Twitter to say he's a graduate (and thus eligible to transfer). May be one to watch.

He's already announced he' transferring.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 am 
Emerald Circle

in his season-ending press conference Fritz said Tulane will probably sign 3 or 4 guys in February.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
in his season-ending press conference Fritz said Tulane will probably sign 3 or 4 guys in February.

If a large number of guys are signing in December will there be a signing day party?

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:52 am 
Coach Level

waverider wrote:
long green wrote:

If a large number of guys are signing in December will there be a signing day party?

i doubt it. Why do two? That and Christmas complications.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
long green wrote:

I was thinking because of the holiday break there might not be many people around to put together an event. To me, the February signing day might be anticlimactic if we only sign 2-3 people at that time with the rest of the class being signed 2 months earlier.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm 
Navigator Level

OGSB wrote:
Billow wrote:
Add Jeffery Johnson DT Brookhaven 6’3 315

Am I reading his offers list right?

Yep.

Thou wilt be where e'er thy children are.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

I saw a similar list earlier and wondered: why wasn't this kid at least a 4 Star? Did I read that list correctly or is it some internet "Fooled You" thing. And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?

A kid with his size, position (DL's like him are as rare as hen's teeth coming out of high school) and offer (not "interest") list...........YIKES

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm 
Navigator Level

GreenieBacker wrote:
And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?

Poor hang time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:45 pm 
Breaker Level

GreenieBacker wrote:
I saw a similar list earlier and wondered: why wasn't this kid at least a 4 Star? Did I read that list correctly or is it some internet "Fooled You" thing. And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?

A kid with his size, position (DL's like him are as rare as hen's teeth coming out of high school) and offer (not "interest") list...........YIKES

There was a misdiagnosis by his doctors that cost him training for the months leading up to the season. Most of those schools backed off of him. This is one of those situations where you get very fortunate to have things fall your way. He's going to make those schools regret their decisions. I think people are very happy about his commitment. They may be holding back because he's not signed yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

1401973 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?

Poor hang time.

I'm struggling to come up with the correct joke to make about a defensive tackle having hang time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

1401973 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

Poor hang time.

Takes an extra step to get a sack.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
long green wrote:

I was thinking because of the holiday break there might not be many people around to put together an event. To me, the February signing day might be anticlimactic if we only sign 2-3 people at that time with the rest of the class being signed 2 months earlier.

Plus, I was thinking December instead of February.

I just read a tweet from fearthewave that said most AAC writers expect their classes to be signed in December. That was in reference to a quote by Lincoln Reily in which he thinks the December signing day will be the main one and the February date a secondary period.

If that's the case and becomes the norm, I'd expect schools would start hosting signing day parties in December with just an announcement of any additions in February.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:33 pm 
Navigator Level

waverider wrote:
<a href="tel:1401973">1401973</a> wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

Poor hang time.

Takes an extra step to get a sack.

Restoring my faith in this board.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:37 am 
Regent's Circle

#RollWave out of Kennedale, TX

Larry Brooks committed.

https://twitter.com/larrybrooks02/status/941684920723709953

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next