2018 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Billow
Coach Level

Re: 2018 Football Recruiting

Post by Billow »

Well let's see?

Steve Lattimer fictitious character
Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger out of eligibility remember 2 years at Holy Cross College
Jonathan Moxon went to Brown wasn't interested in Football
"Icebox O'Shea would have Title IX issues
Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass works for ABC

I think Al Bundy may have snuck in...................
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Billow wrote:Anyone have an inkling who the 4th commitment maybe this weekend.
Any guesses - could it have been an earlier commitment from last week ??
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

the tweet from Jones was this weekend. If it is from the visiting group I would rank them in probability like this:
1) Ellison, the LB from Odessa; 2) Brooks the CB from Kennedale, TX 3) Smith, the TE/WR from Mobile
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

long green wrote:the tweet from Jones was this weekend. If it is from the visiting group I would rank them in probability like this:
1) Ellison, the LB from Odessa; 2) Brooks the CB from Kennedale, TX 3) Smith, the TE/WR from Mobile
At least it's meaningful speculation. I don't have a clue but what's most encouraging is that Amare is apparently steadfast in his commitment. He was having a season for the ages when he broke his ankle. I look forward to him hitting the field in green next season. (Or is gray or black or sky blue or white? :mrgreen:)
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:
long green wrote:the tweet from Jones was this weekend. If it is from the visiting group I would rank them in probability like this:
At least it's meaningful speculation. I don't have a clue but what's most encouraging is that Amare is apparently steadfast in his commitment. He was having a season for the ages when he broke his ankle. I look forward to him hitting the field in green next season. (Or is gray or black or sky blue or white? :mrgreen:)
I will disavow saying this but when I was in the equipment room last Tuesday the grays did not look as terrible as it does on TV. Still think it should be donated to a youth league.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

TUPF wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
I will disavow saying this but when I was in the equipment room last Tuesday the grays did not look as terrible as it does on TV. Still think it should be donated to a youth league.
... so the equipment manager bought you lunch ...
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

sr wrote:
fearthewave is reporting that after checking around he does not think there was a fourth commitment.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

long green wrote:
sr wrote:
fearthewave is reporting that after checking around he does not think there was a fourth commitment.
Yeah, I just saw this -

From FTW -
Finally, there was some discussion that a fourth commit may have happened over the weekend. I've confirmed that is not the case -- we are at three new Wave pledges, but of course more could come this week.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 2321058816

http://www.fearthewave.com/story?id=fri ... -3-commits
Last edited by sr on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

sr wrote:
long green wrote:
sr wrote:
Yeah, I just saw this -

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 2321058816

http://www.fearthewave.com/story?id=fri ... -3-commits
Just to be crystal clear: this is not to say a 4th commit will not come from this weekend's visits. There was just an error on the tweet everyone saw, and there is no 'silent commit' yet from the 9 visitors to Uptown.
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Is the December signing period going to encourage kids to enroll for the January semester to be able to count back to last year more than what happens already?
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

Just speculation but I noticed today that Glen changed his Twitter to say he's a graduate (and thus eligible to transfer). May be one to watch.

EDIT: Didn't realize the earlier Glen tweet confirmed it. Thanks wavedom. Carry on.
Last edited by fearthewave on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

fearthewave wrote:Just speculation but I noticed today that Glen changed his Twitter to say he's a graduate (and thus eligible to transfer). May be one to watch.
He's already announced he' transferring.
We deserve so much better
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

in his season-ending press conference Fritz said Tulane will probably sign 3 or 4 guys in February.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote:in his season-ending press conference Fritz said Tulane will probably sign 3 or 4 guys in February.
If a large number of guys are signing in December will there be a signing day party?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote:
long green wrote:in his season-ending press conference Fritz said Tulane will probably sign 3 or 4 guys in February.
If a large number of guys are signing in December will there be a signing day party?
i doubt it. Why do two? That and Christmas complications.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
I was thinking because of the holiday break there might not be many people around to put together an event. To me, the February signing day might be anticlimactic if we only sign 2-3 people at that time with the rest of the class being signed 2 months earlier.
Tulane Greenbackers

tumbuuh
Navigator Level

Post by tumbuuh »

OGSB wrote:
Billow wrote:Add Jeffery Johnson DT Brookhaven 6’3 315
Am I reading his offers list right?
Yep.
We praise thee for thy future, Alma Mater;
The vista of its glory gleameth far.
We shall ever be part of thee, great Mother;
Thou wilt be where e'er thy children are.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I saw a similar list earlier and wondered: why wasn't this kid at least a 4 Star? Did I read that list correctly or is it some internet "Fooled You" thing. And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?

A kid with his size, position (DL's like him are as rare as hen's teeth coming out of high school) and offer (not "interest") list...........YIKES
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

GreenieBacker wrote:And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?
Poor hang time.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

GreenieBacker wrote:I saw a similar list earlier and wondered: why wasn't this kid at least a 4 Star? Did I read that list correctly or is it some internet "Fooled You" thing. And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?

A kid with his size, position (DL's like him are as rare as hen's teeth coming out of high school) and offer (not "interest") list...........YIKES
There was a misdiagnosis by his doctors that cost him training for the months leading up to the season. Most of those schools backed off of him. This is one of those situations where you get very fortunate to have things fall your way. He's going to make those schools regret their decisions. I think people are very happy about his commitment. They may be holding back because he's not signed yet.
We deserve so much better
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

1401973 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:And why isn't this Forum in meltown with ecstatic happiness mode that we got this young man?
Poor hang time.
I'm struggling to come up with the correct joke to make about a defensive tackle having hang time.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

1401973 wrote:
Poor hang time.
Takes an extra step to get a sack.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

waverider wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
I was thinking because of the holiday break there might not be many people around to put together an event. To me, the February signing day might be anticlimactic if we only sign 2-3 people at that time with the rest of the class being signed 2 months earlier.
Plus, I was thinking December instead of February.

I just read a tweet from fearthewave that said most AAC writers expect their classes to be signed in December. That was in reference to a quote by Lincoln Reily in which he thinks the December signing day will be the main one and the February date a secondary period.

If that's the case and becomes the norm, I'd expect schools would start hosting signing day parties in December with just an announcement of any additions in February.
Tulane Greenbackers

Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

waverider wrote:[quote="<a href="tel:1401973">1401973</a>"]
Poor hang time.
Takes an extra step to get a sack.[/quote]
Restoring my faith in this board.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

#RollWave out of Kennedale, TX

Larry Brooks committed.

https://twitter.com/larrybrooks02/statu ... 0723709953