2018 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: 2018 Football Recruiting

Post by sr »

Saintgreenie wrote:
This isn't a Roll Wave commitment announcement (I don't think). It's a lyric from a rap song that's on an album that just came out today.

The Tulane Football account also tweeted a video with the lyrics and the music playing. The actual lyric is "sounded too lame."

I think this is just marketing/recruiting work; trying to sound hip and "with it."

Thanks. I figured it was something out of my realm of consciousness ...
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

fearthewave wrote:I can't share the list this weekend of 2018 recruits who will be on campus but I'll say this: it's strong.

Among them (which is public already) is top 50 DT Alfred Thomas. There are more big names on the DT/DE list, and I'll leave it at that.

I should have Junior Day list soon.
It seems the staff would prefer to work more quietly in the late period. If we get a couple of good results, fine.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

One visitor should be Jaquon Griffin.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Griffin is indeed on campus. There is video.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote: There is video.
At some schools this could be cause for concern :wink:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

He’s class of 2021, but Lynarise Elpheage Jr. is visiting tomorrow.
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

there are a ton of "futures prospects" coming in this weekend and probably next weekend. With so little space to fill (some needs yes, but few spots open) it only makes sense to get a jump on the next class(es).
Billow
Coach Level

Post by Billow »

I was hoping to hear a couple of Roll Waves today out of wherever?
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

From the names I'm hearing we are after they are higher profile types who will make all their visits and decide on signing date in front of classmates.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

long green wrote:there are a ton of "futures prospects" coming in this weekend and probably next weekend. With so little space to fill (some needs yes, but few spots open) it only makes sense to get a jump on the next class(es).
Driving down Claiborne on Saturday, they had "Junior Day" parking signs set up.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Ja'Quon Griffin was just offered by GA Tech. Fresh off what looked to be an enjoyable visit uptown for him this past weekend (from his twitter posts).

https://twitter.com/Jaquongriffin/statu ... 7103665153
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He was (or is) scheduled to visit Colorado State this last weekend. We had 3 DL's in this past weekend. I'd imagine we'd take the first guy who says yes. Thank goodness we have three DT's signed already.
Billow
Coach Level

Post by Billow »

Keitha Jones DB from Port Arthur decommitted from SMU & committed to the Wave about an hour ago! 6’1 180.
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

Donny Z wrote:Ja'Quon Griffin was just offered by GA Tech. Fresh off what looked to be an enjoyable visit uptown for him this past weekend (from his twitter posts).

https://twitter.com/Jaquongriffin/statu ... 7103665153
Vanderbilt may be offering as well.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Wesley Fritz tweeted this today:
Tulane signee Ygenio Booker @DrShmigo_Book ranked the 6th fastest player in the 2018 class by @247Sports #Uptown18ound
247sports.com/ContentGallery…
We needed more speed and we are getting it.
Tulane Greenbackers

RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Post by RI WAVE »

Guess we are still working the traps. Here is one that got away. Probably a lot more out there that we are not aware of. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/north-ful ... WiMpocq8K/
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Post by charlamange8 »

Littlejohn only completed 49% of his passes as a senior and had more interceptions than touchdowns. In fact he did not even pass for more than 1,000 yards...we offered him off of his junior year in NC which was far better. It seems to me he regressed and his offer from us was no longer committable.
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Well we've now approached the 24 hour mark like being in Philly last Saturday. Time to go out on a limb. I welcome any and all informed and meaningless speculation as to what happens tomorrow. All SWAGS are welcome and appreciated.

BTW I did see WF at the game Sunday.* He was even more relentlessly positive than his normal mood. I think he wishes season started tomorrow. (And perhaps so do we??!!)

So who's jumping on the Fritz train Wednesday?

*Lots of things to like about Coach Fritz but my favorite is that he always promotes Tulane sports. I've seen him at basketball games, baseball games and I'm told he even went to a swim meet. Any bowling sightings to report?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:BTW I did see WF at the game Sunday.* He was even more relentlessly positive than his normal mood. I think he wishes season started tomorrow. (And perhaps so do we??!!)

*Lots of things to like about Coach Fritz but my favorite is that he always promotes Tulane sports. I've seen him at basketball games, baseball games and I'm told he even went to a swim meet. Any bowling sightings to report?
One of those standard conversation starter questions is “if you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?”

I’d pay to have dinner or a golf outing with Fritz, Dunleavy and Jewett all together. All that energy and knowledge in one place would be exhilarating. It would be a languid dinner with many courses, lots of adult beverages, finished by cigars and scotch. 8)
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

TUPF wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:BTW I did see WF at the game Sunday.* He was even more relentlessly positive than his normal mood. I think he wishes season started tomorrow. (And perhaps so do we??!!)

One of those standard conversation starter questions is “if you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?”

I’d pay to have dinner or a golf outing with Fritz, Dunleavy and Jewett all together. All that energy and knowledge in one place would be exhilarating. It would be a languid dinner with many courses, lots of adult beverages, finished by cigars and scotch. 8)
Am I invited? Don't even need the coaches there to enjoy that one.
Plan your work, work your plan.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

I expect 3 to sign tomorrow. I do not believe Norwood will be one. That's what I got.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Same thing I am hearing. Looks like he is headed to Rocky Top. The unusual thing about Norwood is he never played football until this year. Now this is truly a kid under the radar.

Talking about under the radar, just read John Curtis TE may announce for Alabama tomorrow.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Post by Tulane49 »

tjtlja wrote:Same thing I am hearing. Looks like he is headed to Rocky Top. The unusual thing about Norwood is he never played football until this year. Now this is truly a kid under the radar.

Talking about under the radar, just read John Curtis TE may announce for Alabama tomorrow.
Curtis TE was on Fox News tonight. Only school he talked about was Alabama
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

fearthewave wrote:I expect 3 to sign tomorrow. I do not believe Norwood will be one. That's what I got.
I'd guess that along with Jones, the contenders for those other 2 spots are Garland, & the the two guys from Montgomery.
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

Instead of "finished by cigars and scotch" my preference would be cigars and brandy!
Harahan Wave