Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20458
Location: North Kenner
247 is doing positional rankings for the 2018 class. Tulane is #2 under punters and was named the “most underrated” in the DT category. (FIU had the best DT class of G5)

You can see their lists on twitter @NCAAFNation247

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3372
Location: Marietta, GA
waverider wrote:
(FIU had the best DT class of G5)


Butch Davis up to his old tricks.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2058
Location: Baton Rouge
Rotorooter wrote:
waverider wrote:
(FIU had the best DT class of G5)


Butch Davis up to his old tricks.


As in being a pretty good coach?

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3372
Location: Marietta, GA
Poseidon wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
waverider wrote:
(FIU had the best DT class of G5)


Butch Davis up to his old tricks.


As in being a pretty good coach?


As in he's always had a good eye for talent and has been able to get them to commit. However he does that. :angel:

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10463
Location: Chicago
read on tigerdroppings that one of their qbs might transfer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 475
Yankeewave wrote:
read on tigerdroppings that one of their qbs might transfer


That was also said in an article in The Advocate this week.

_________________
The shed sits empty!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24563
Location: New Orleans
wavedom wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:
read on tigerdroppings that one of their qbs might transfer


That was also said in an article in The Advocate this week.


That’s probably the 3rd stringer. If he was interested he’d be almost ideal for our situation. That’s if it’s him. If it’s one of the other 2 Ed Orgeron is in a world of hurt.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:14 am
Posts: 250
Location: East Greenwich, RI
John Sakos, football, Tulane (preferred walk on)

Announced in Chicago Tribune today...he is a QB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6380
Location: Dripping Springs
RI WAVE wrote:
John Sakos, football, Tulane (preferred walk on)

Announced in Chicago Tribune today...he is a QB


5'11" 190 Highland Park HS Highland Park, IL

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4254807/John-Sakos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7008
Location: Wisconsin
sr wrote:
RI WAVE wrote:
John Sakos, football, Tulane (preferred walk on)

Announced in Chicago Tribune today...he is a QB


5'11" 190 Highland Park HS Highland Park, IL

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4254807/John-Sakos

My Home Town & HS .......probably pretty good :wink: :wink: P.S. Thanks for your post & info. Sr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 18656
Location: Chicago
Ray wrote:
sr wrote:
RI WAVE wrote:
John Sakos, football, Tulane (preferred walk on)

Announced in Chicago Tribune today...he is a QB


5'11" 190 Highland Park HS Highland Park, IL

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4254807/John-Sakos

My Home Town & HS .......probably pretty good :wink: :wink: P.S. Thanks for your post & info. Sr.


Traditionally weak football school in the weaker division of the conference. Pretty town though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7008
Location: Wisconsin
Sometimes we're pretty good.... :wink: :wink: It is a great town for sure !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 18656
Location: Chicago
Ray wrote:
Sometimes we're pretty good.... :wink: :wink: It is a great town for sure !!



Maybe back when people were wearing leather helmets.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:15 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 7008
Location: Wisconsin
windywave wrote:
Ray wrote:
Sometimes we're pretty good.... :wink: :wink: It is a great town for sure !!



Maybe back when people were wearing leather helmets.....

HAHAHA !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:48 am
Posts: 1468
Still waiting on the 2019 1st #Roll Wave out of ????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24563
Location: New Orleans
Juan Monjarres, last year's first commitment, didn't announce until May.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3372
Location: Marietta, GA
Does anyone know of what is happening with Ryan Boyle, the Iowa QB grad transfer with two years of eligibility remaining? Have seen nothing of him going anywhere.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3701
Location: Wichita
Rotorooter wrote:
Does anyone know of what is happening with Ryan Boyle, the Iowa QB grad transfer with two years of eligibility remaining? Have seen nothing of him going anywhere.

There has been no news that I could find. Would need someone with inside info on visits

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24563
Location: New Orleans
OA Tulane signee was on the stage as part of the NFL Draft last weekend. Sorrell Brown and about a dozen other Dallas-area HS players were introduced as part of some NFL salute to something or other. He has a really good frame, the sort that could muscle its way to getting open and do some damage as a downfield blocker.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6380
Location: Dripping Springs
Looks like Tulane signed a transfer WR/KR out of Claremont McKenna College (NCAA Div III) - Johnathon Keller 5'9" 175

Can Div III transfers play right away??

https://twitter.com/jkeller02/status/991878645525311488?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826QkgwPXQ4&feature=youtu.be


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 18656
Location: Chicago
sr wrote:
Looks like Tulane signed a transfer WR/KR out of Claremont McKenna College (NCAA Div III) - Johnathon Keller 5'9" 175

Can Div III transfers play right away??

https://twitter.com/jkeller02/status/991878645525311488?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826QkgwPXQ4&feature=youtu.be


I think they can


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:53 am 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1290
Location: Naples, FL
I thought we had signed all the players that we are allowed. Can someone clarify please?

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24563
Location: New Orleans
He might not be on a football scholarship.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3701
Location: Wichita
sr wrote:
Looks like Tulane signed a transfer WR/KR out of Claremont McKenna College (NCAA Div III) - Johnathon Keller 5'9" 175

Can Div III transfers play right away??

https://twitter.com/jkeller02/status/991878645525311488?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826QkgwPXQ4&feature=youtu.be

Still have to sit out a year unless can get a waiver for some reason

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:48 am
Posts: 1468
1st DIII does not give out scholarships, 2nd he’s probably a PWO, finally you can transfer to DI from DIII without sitting out.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group