Langton

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Langton

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

anyone have any insight on why he hasn't signed his LOI yet? Has the offer been pulled while CMD looks for a grad transfer or a better option who is still available from high school?
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Re: Langton

Unread post by SomeBiz »

Nothing solid, and with the national signing period ending yesterday, I thought we might have lost him.

Langton's Twitter account had recently followed a couple of coaches at Casper College, a community college in Wyoming. That may still mean something.

Today, however, he's started following Jordan Cornish, which suggests that whatever might have been causing a delay has been resolved. This is pure conjecture on my part. I have no inside knowledge.
Tulane class of '79
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Unread post by SomeBiz »

Had to laugh: Tulane compliance also tweeted a reminder today that men's basketball is in now in a "dead period" from today until May 26.
Tulane class of '79
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Any word on Langton as of yet? I would love to see us try and grab either a graduate transfer big man or shooter if he isn't coming.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GSx »

Not too concerned about this. We have 5 inside guys on the roster, only one of whom (Sehic) can probably shoot from the outside. That's enough.
What we need are 3-4 more Cam Reynolds' or Fraziers (with a more consistent shot, which I'm hoping has developed).
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

GSx wrote:Not too concerned about this. We have 5 inside guys on the roster, only one of whom (Sehic) can probably shoot from the outside. That's enough.
What we need are 3-4 more Cam Reynolds' or Fraziers (with a more consistent shot, which I'm hoping has developed).
what we need is 13 scholarship players on the roster and if Langton isn't getting through the Clearinghouse... move on and get someone to fill that spot... whether it's a wing player, a post player or another PG... just get someone.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

No, we don't need to fill up for it's own sake. Only a no-brainer upgrade should be taken at this point.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

long green wrote:No, we don't need to fill up for it's own sake. Only a no-brainer upgrade should be taken at this point.
You are right on. With only Cam Reynolds scheduled to use up his eligibility next year, we should save the spot. I'm actually ok with him not coming to Tulane unless he will be a major contributor. It would be nice to have two spots open for 2018-2019.

I think we could use a graduate transfer zone buster or graduate transfer big man in case the frosh take time to develop. There are some transfers out there still.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Tulane tweeted the last several days the uniform numbers of the incoming freshman. They indicated today was the 4th and final number. They did not tweet a number for Langton.