Commitment #8 from DE Charlie Ryan

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
long green
Cornerstone

Commitment #8 from DE Charlie Ryan

Unread post by long green »

Fearthewave says Coach Peoples has RW'd it. Charlie Ryan is the man in question. A DE from Montgomery, AL. 1-A offers from Navy, Army, Appalachian St, S.Alabama, & Toledo.

Fritz & the player have tweeted it, too.
Last edited by long green on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Commitment #8 from Dr Charlie Ryan

Unread post by sr »

Well, at least two of us are watching the wire tonight. #RollWave
Ray
Regent's Circle

Re: Commitment #8 from Dr Charlie Ryan

Unread post by Ray »

Good News !!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Commitment #8 from DE Charlie Ryan

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Classy post in his Twitter announcement (linked in the recruiting thread above). Looks like he's originally from Colorado and moved to Montgomery two years ago (not that this really matters). So what's the scoop on him, all you recruiting nuts? The list of other offers isn't mind-blowing but better than some guys we've gotten (and better than most under some former coaches). Funny thing is, if he were an offensive player and we'd beaten our those particular schools, it would feel much better because we'd know he was made for our style of play. But as a defensive player, hmmm.... How's his size/speed?
Donny Z
President's Circle

Unread post by Donny Z »

Nola.com article with hudl video - http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... rom_a.html

Pete - what the army and navy offers tell me is that we have a hard working, play through the whistle type player here. Fritz wants those type guys on both sides of the ball. Also sometime when kids move states like that they get a little lost in the recruiting shuffle (new sets of recruiters in different territory, southern schools may not necessarily recruit states like Colorado that hard, etc). I understand there are sec schools talking to him now so this may be one whose offer list looks differently at the end of the season than it does now. But as you mentioned the offer list isn't bad as it is.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Looks to be high energy, quick, takes all angles in pursuit of the ball carrier. Rangy, long and will only add lbs.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I agree sr, he comes across as a high energy guy. The kind of player the Academies like so much.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

His film reminds me a LOT of Sean Wilson's high school film. I think Charlie comes in as a DE and possibly grows into a DT. He lines up everywhere for his HS team (like Wilson did) and he's very instinctive. Seems intelligent and hardworking. I like it.
This one belongs to the Wave.