Henri Langton

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
randymc
President's Circle

Henri Langton

Post by randymc »

6-10 C Henri Langton is going to play this coming year at Otero JC in La Junta Colorado; the Brit big man was linked to Tulane hoops earlier as a presumed commitment.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Henri Langton

Post by PeteRasche »

I'm guessing this was a credits/eligibility thing since he's going JuCo.... but that said, I don't think (m)any here are too heartbroken. With the guys we had been getting and the names we were in the running for at the time, his commitment seemed very questionable (after watching him on film).
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

So where does that put us numbers-wise? Open spot for Bagley? :lol:
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

1 spot open for this year and Reynolds out of eligibility after this year. I say save the scholarship for next year or get a graduate transfer in.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

NJwave wrote:1 spot open for this year and Reynolds out of eligibility after this year. I say save the scholarship for next year or get a graduate transfer in.
Or get a one and done! Grad transfer from William and Mary who had previously committed to KU is now free (KU actually opening a spot for Bagley there)
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

that would be good, especially if the W&M guy is a shooter.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

long green wrote:that would be good, especially if the W&M guy is a shooter.
6-9. Seems to be a 4. Not a shooter. And not sure how the transfer rules will work. He had already practiced with KU.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

a shooter or a power forward, either would be ideal but if he was fixing to play for Kansas he's going to have a long line of suitors.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:I'm guessing this was a credits/eligibility thing since he's going JuCo.... but that said, I don't think (m)any here are too heartbroken. With the guys we had been getting and the names we were in the running for at the time, his commitment seemed very questionable (after watching him on film).
Looks more like a talent issue to me.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:I'm guessing this was a credits/eligibility thing since he's going JuCo.... but that said, I don't think (m)any here are too heartbroken. With the guys we had been getting and the names we were in the running for at the time, his commitment seemed very questionable (after watching him on film).
But wouldn't it be strange to make an offer to someone and then pull it without having a reason (like signing someone who plays the same position)? I doubt they made an offer without having seen enough of him and then after he committed they saw more and decided they didn't want him.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote:But wouldn't it be strange to make an offer to someone and then pull it without having a reason (like signing someone who plays the same position)? I doubt they made an offer without having seen enough of him and then after he committed they saw more and decided they didn't want him.
why not? Fritz did it with multiple early verbals last year.. one was an RB in Alabama who had a teammate we really wanted.. teammate went to an SEC school... the RB ended up signing with a D2 team and was thanking the Lord for it.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
But wouldn't it be strange to make an offer to someone and then pull it without having a reason (like signing someone who plays the same position)? I doubt they made an offer without having seen enough of him and then after he committed they saw more and decided they didn't want him.
I think you see it less (proportionately) in BB than FB because of the early signing date but I wouldn't say it was strange. Plus, who's to say he really had a firm, committable offer? Not uncommon to have some sort of miscommunication.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
I think you see it less (proportionately) in BB than FB because of the early signing date but I wouldn't say it was strange. Plus, who's to say he really had a firm, committable offer? Not uncommon to have some sort of miscommunication.
this.