David Iwowari

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: David Iwowari

Post by GreenieBacker »

well there is that old story Bobby Knight tells about when his Indiana team was playing LSU in the NCAA Tournament Semi-Finals(?) and they were losing badly, he looks down the court at LSU's bench and sees Dale Brown and he stopped worrying. And went on to win that game.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:well there is that old story Bobby Knight tells about when his Indiana team was playing LSU in the NCAA Tournament Semi-Finals(?) and they were losing badly, he looks down the court at LSU's bench and sees Dale Brown and he stopped worrying. And went on to win that game.
Semifinals? They lost in the second round, just like we did.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote:
NJwave wrote:Just so we are clear. He has not committed yet.

I remember a guy at LSU whose critics said he was a freakish athlete but all he could do was run, dunk and block shots.

Recipe for a title: add 1 Chris Jackson, mix in some Stanley Roberts and get rid of Dale Brown.
Yeah, but that freakish athlete also happened to be 7 feet tall and weigh 300 pounds. That's a once-in-a-lifetime freak.

Yet Dale Brown managed to keep those teams from getting very far, didn't he?
You mean comparing a kid I have seen on You Tube for all of 2 minutes to a legend is not an apt comparison? :-D

It's the first think that popped in my mind when I saw somebody criticize Iwowari's game.

Everybody we recruit will have a flaw or two or three at this point. Otherwise, Tulane likely wouldn't be landing them. I love the fact that we are recruiting kids with obvious strengths in the hope of improving other aspects of their game.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Pete, I'm guessing you didn't see my question mark after Semi-Finals which typically is there to let the reader know I wasn't sure and hadn't looked it up. But thanks for the correction.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:Pete, I'm guessing you didn't see my question mark after Semi-Finals which typically is there to let the reader know I wasn't sure and hadn't looked it up. But thanks for the correction.
I'm just disappointed that a Wave fan would ever think LSU did that well when they didn't. :wink:
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I just don't know why I always get that wrong, maybe because LSU had such incredible talent back then I just assume they went farther than they did. BTW, my other favorite Bobby Knight story is when he was at a bar with friends during another Tournament run and some LSU @ssclown comes over and starts harassing him. He finally has enough gets up and dumps the LSU fan head first into a nearby garbage can.

1981 — Knight gets involved during Final Four in a shoving match with an LSU fan who said Knight stuffed him in a garbage can at a hotel.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college-bas ... 849372.php
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

NJwave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
NJwave wrote:Just so we are clear. He has not committed yet.

I remember a guy at LSU whose critics said he was a freakish athlete but all he could do was run, dunk and block shots.

Recipe for a title: add 1 Chris Jackson, mix in some Stanley Roberts and get rid of Dale Brown.
Yeah, but that freakish athlete also happened to be 7 feet tall and weigh 300 pounds. That's a once-in-a-lifetime freak.

Yet Dale Brown managed to keep those teams from getting very far, didn't he?
You mean comparing a kid I have seen on You Tube for all of 2 minutes to a legend is not an apt comparison? :-D

It's the first think that popped in my mind when I saw somebody criticize Iwowari's game.

Everybody we recruit will have a flaw or two or three at this point. Otherwise, Tulane likely wouldn't be landing them. I love the fact that we are recruiting kids with obvious strengths in the hope of improving other aspects of their game.
I thought D'Andre Jordan
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Luvs da Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Luvs da Wave »

The negative comment about Tanner Lee was unfortunate. I disagree. I think that, with an offensive line that can protect him, he could have a great year. If you read the press out of Nebraska, they are raving about him and worried that he will be one and done because his draft stock will be high.

Remember what he did against Central Florida, which did not have a pass rush.

Just sayin'.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Luvs da Wave wrote:The negative comment about Tanner Lee was unfortunate. I disagree. I think that, with an offensive line that can protect him, he could have a great year. If you read the press out of Nebraska, they are raving about him and worried that he will be one and done because his draft stock will be high.

Remember what he did against Central Florida, which did not have a pass rush.

Just sayin'.
the truly sad thing is Nebraska's schedule is such a joke for the first few weeks, they are going to think he's the second coming.. only Oregon poses any kind of defensive threat until October.. then Nebraska faces a gauntlet of Wisconsin, Ohio State, a week off versus Purdue, then Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State before finishing with Iowa.

Lee will be third string before opening kickoff of the Purdue game.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Going the Juco route.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

thanks for info