Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Lindsey Scott
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
TUPF wrote:
I am in the minority here, but was done a long time ago. We were played. We were the backup prom date that didn’t get finally turned down until the few remaining prom tickets were almost sold out.

I was right there with you. It was very, very clear that he was looking for a P5, any P5 (Kansas? OSU?) and Tualne was his fallback. I'm just glad we can all vent for a half day and then this thread can hopefully die the rightful death it had coming about a month ago.

Unless FW and Windy continue to argue about Winston.

Which they no doubt will.

A) it is a discussion
B) It is not about Winston per se, but the offensive scheme

Post subject: Re: Lindsey Scott
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 pm 
Cornerstone

windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
TU23 wrote:
I think we need to address our offensive scheme in the offseason. I think we’re having trouble attracting QBs because most QBs want to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. I’d like to see us go fast tempo more and throw the ball more (20-30 more offensive plays a game). It would help a lot in recruiting.

Michigan, Nebraska, Clemson, Oregon, Army, Navy, Ga Tech, Alabama, Wisconsin, Penn State, and probably many others are run first oriented. Hell Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and 180K all played in run first offenses.

Jameis threw for 7500 yards on 851 attempts in 2 years.

In a run first offense. We need better O line play to establish the run so we can pass

It was not a run first offense. The year they won the national title, they had 530 passing attempts and 440 rushing attempts.

Just because they had more passes does not mean it is not a pass run offense.

Oh my G-d. I watched all of their games, I know what kind of offense they ran. It was a pro-style offense. Without Jameis, they used the run more to set up the pass, but with Jameis, they looked pass first. I know you can never be wrong, but you're wrong on this one.

Pro style offenses are by definition run first philosophically.

I get your point, but going in Jameis did not know they would pass as much as they did with him.

Great, but they were a pass to set up the run offense with him. Under EJ Manuel they were 50/50 on run/pass and 100 of the rushing attempts were Manuel scrambling. It's not like they changed the offense to suit Jameis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18