Lindsey Scott

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
klazaroe
Crest Level

Re: Lindsey Scott

Post by klazaroe »

TU23. You are correct. Please do not post his name. He is seriously considering it.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

You're right not to say the name but because that is so you shouldn't have aired the possibility & TU23 shouldn't have doubled down on the hint. If anything, the posts talking about this should be whacked.

P.S. I don't know who this is. I'd be guessing only.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

From Chris Hagan on Twitter
Lindsey Scott Jr walking the sideline with AD Troy Dannen at the Tulane game
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

visualmagic wrote:From Chris Hagan on Twitter
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Just point to that Tulsa game and tell him it could be like that every week if he came to Tulane.
Victory is never permanent
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Sweet.
We deserve so much better
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Tulane deserves some luck. Nice to have a QB recruit (I should say THE QB recruit) at the game who would excel in this offense and he sees it in action up close beating a quality team. (And we know Coug High hates absolutely hates losing to Tulane. Nice icing on the cake.)
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Baywave1 wrote:Tulane deserves some luck. Nice to have a QB recruit (I should say THE QB recruit) at the game who would excel in this offense and he sees it in action up close beating a quality team. (And we know Coug High hates absolutely hates losing to Tulane. Nice icing on the cake.)
Yeah, ever since that Bluebonnet Bowl - beating UofH is so so sweet.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

did he redshirt his freshman year at lsu? If not, and he would have to be 100% on board, he could come here, redshirt Banks' senior year and be the starter for two years after that. The freshman from NC would be a sophomore with a couple years of experience in the offense once Scott is done.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

waverider wrote:did he redshirt his freshman year at lsu? If not, and he would have to be 100% on board, he could come here, redshirt Banks' senior year and be the starter for two years after that. The freshman from NC would be a sophomore with a couple years of experience in the offense once Scott is done.
Pretty sure he did redshirt his freshman year. So he would enroll here as a sophomore with three years of eligibility.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

It feels like we have been discussing Scott for years. By the time his eligibility runs out it will feel like he he played college football for 15 years. He will surely be added to the list of players that seem to last a decade without losing their eligibility. I like to call it the Fred Hoiberg award. Tanner Lee is officially on the watch list.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

NJwave wrote:I like to call it the Fred Hoiberg award. Tanner Lee is officially on the watch list.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great reference with Hoiberg. Man, he was at Iowa State for like a decade. :mrgreen:
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote:
NJwave wrote:I like to call it the Fred Hoiberg award. Tanner Lee is officially on the watch list.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great reference with Hoiberg. Man, he was at Iowa State for like a decade. :mrgreen:
I miss the days of those guys. I half expected Hoiberg to announce himself as his first recruit when he coached at Iowa State.

It’s rare to find a guy that plays at a high level from day 1 and uses up all of his elegibility. It’s why I think Tulane can be competitive in basketball. Our best players have a chance to develop without leaving early (Cam Reynolds and Melvin Frazier). As great as it would be to sign a Ben Simmons, I think we can be really good if we get high 3 and low 4 star players every year and keep them. Wichita State and Gonzaga have proven that model works. Only recently have they started getting 5 star recruits that leave early. Mostly they have won with upperclassmen.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

CT Wave wrote:
waverider wrote:did he redshirt his freshman year at lsu? If not, and he would have to be 100% on board, he could come here, redshirt Banks' senior year and be the starter for two years after that. The freshman from NC would be a sophomore with a couple years of experience in the offense once Scott is done.
Pretty sure he did redshirt his freshman year. So he would enroll here as a sophomore with three years of eligibility.
This is correct. He did redshirt his first year.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

wavedom wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
That shouldn't present a problem. If Scott signs with Tulane, he just needs to get Tanner Lee's rep to go to the NCAA and say there was a coaching change at LSU and a new offensive system put in which was totally unsuited to his skill set and he was moved to sixth string or whatever so give him another year. It worked once. Maybe Scott can get four??? :green wink: :green wink:
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
That shouldn't present a problem. If Scott signs with Tulane, he just needs to get Tanner Lee's rep to go to the NCAA and say there was a coaching change at LSU and a new offensive system put in which was totally unsuited to his skill set and he was moved to sixth string or whatever so give him another year. It worked once. Maybe Scott can get four??? :green wink: :green wink:
The reason he got a sixth year is that Tulane signed of on it. Does anyone believe LSU would do that for us?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Would NCAA take Les Miles's signature on it? :mrgreen:
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
Crazy thing is that the offense they run now seems like it was made for this style of QB.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

I was at the Bluebonnet Bowl and have hated UH ever since. I also know for a fact that their academics are anemic (love the rhyme).
Harahan Wave
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

A poster elsewhere has noted that apparently (at least publicly) only G5 schools to date have currently offered Scott. I guess since I saw how well he played in HS and what he is doing now at LCU, I assumed P5 offers would be jumping out of the woodwork. Poster could also be wrong too. (Even though like everyone here I always believe what I read on the anonymous internet!) I know it's just online speculation and we'll see who he signs with in December or next February but Tulane seems to have a reasonable shot. May it happen.

On edit: Not to stir the pot but perhaps he really truly is only 5'9"???? :green wink:
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He was pursued ardently by Syracuse and Maryland out of HS. I don't know why they wouldn't come back after him, maybe they will.

He is short. 5'10" tops. And wherever he signs it will be in December so he can enroll for spring semester.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

wavedom wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
CT Wave wrote:
The reason he got a sixth year is that Tulane signed of on it. Does anyone believe LSU would do that for us?
Unlike Lee, Scott doesn't have to sit out a year so there's nothing for the 6th year to "makeup". He'll get his 5 to play 4.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

long green wrote:He was pursued ardently by Syracuse and Maryland out of HS. I don't know why they wouldn't come back after him, maybe they will.

He is short. 5'10" tops. And wherever he signs it will be in December so he can enroll for spring semester.
Syracuse was interested until Babers was hired. Maryland signed others, Pigrome being one, that are set in their system. Now the horses in the race are Tulane, UTSA, and WMU. It might really be between Tulane, USTA, and a team that shows interest after the first signing day.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

The Frank Wilson train lost some momentum this year. He and his biggest boosters were talking him up for bigger jobs after a positive first season, knowing that UTSA had a softer schedule. They are 3-4 in league play.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

Alright, the race is starting to take shape:

https://twitter.com/JeritRoser/status/9 ... 3099274240
#Kansas the latest to officially offer former #Zachary, #LSU QB Lindsey Scott Jr., fresh off a national championship at #EMCC Sunday.

#KU, #Tulane, #UTSA, Western Michigan, New Mexico and Georgia State are the programs currently most actively pursuing Scott to that degree.
Kansas/Tony Hull in the mix isn't a shock -- he had an OV planned to Lawrence shortly. Keeping an eye out for other P5s who may jump in over the next couple of weeks.