Lindsey Scott

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Lindsey Scott

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:Kansas had offered as well
So, G5. :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Yeah, I forgot about them... because I literally never thought of them as a threat...
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I agree but they have a hot shot recruiter from N.O. That’s good
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

If Scott signs with Oregon State, I’ll be shocked. I’ve heard the same thing as klazaroe, but there’s really no telling. One way or another, I know we’re all ready for this saga to come to a conclusion.
This one belongs to the Wave.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Because of the strength of CA community college system, virtually all of PAC 12 and other FBS schools in west of Rockies recruit JUCOs heavily. I wouldn't be surprised if 20% of roster at some PAC 12 schools comes from that source. They have a ready mechanism to accept JUCO transfer credits. Class started last Monday. He can still enroll late with "department permission" which he will get and OSU offers stuff like a PE major so presumably they could find suitable classes for him to take. However almost certainly he would have to enroll there without ever having visited. (Does he have any historical relationship with any of its coaches?) There is no direct plane service from Louisiana to Portland, OR. From Zachary to OSU campus door-to-door, it's a minimum 10 to 12 hour trip. Yes they can stick him on a charter this week but after that it's commercial. Folks this is logistically a really hard deal. I could understand Harvard before this one but we'll see.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

sr wrote:Another Pac12 comment - when OSU is coming on ESPN it's 9:30 - 10:00 PM in Texas, Louisiana and points East. Half the country is not paying attention.
Good point, and more importantly I forgot to mention great head coach and a very nice man, great staff, up and coming team, and great fans. We may not be many in number at the present time, but we are as loyal as they come and we love a tremendous institution - Tulane University.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

FWIW, classes start Tuesday at Tulane.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

TU23 wrote:If Scott signs with Oregon State, I’ll be shocked. I’ve heard the same thing as klazaroe, but there’s really no telling. One way or another, I know we’re all ready for this saga to come to a conclusion.
I check this thread every so often but always defer to you guys who invest the time to follow the details. I have no dog in the hunt and am tired of seeing it so I can only imagine what you guys feel. This is a real kah-kah or get off the pot story.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Man, recruiting is a tough racket. We recruit the kid non-stop for how many years and Oregon State recruits him for one week and they are the leader. Following this as a fan is tough, but I cannot imagine how tough these decisions are on the coaches.

As smart as Scott is I cannot comprehend how he would think Corvallis is a better alternative to Tulane. Education, New Orleans, family, friends, home, food, weather, and competition. Yes, competition. Throw out the P5 BS. We would likely be a home favorite against OSU. How much better is the PAC 12 than the AAC? I say it is very small given the final 2017 rankings. The schedule we play is not that much different than the schedule Scott would inherit at Tulane. I know I have green glasses on but the PAC 12 is the PAC 12. Most experts thought the AAC should have had a team in the playoffs. Not one of the so called experts (even the bias idiots at ESPN) thought any PAC 12 team belonged in the final four. I hope this kid can back away from all the noise and see the light.
All great points. But there were almost as many good points about why he should have picked Tulane over LSU in the first place and we know how that turned out.
Pete, I understand what you are saying, but Oregon State is no LSU. I can understand why he chose LSU - it was home and it WAS a football factory.

Our family went thru a similar thing with Jeremy. When he visited Texas and was sitting down with Augie, the winningest coach in college baseball history, it was impossible to say no (also, Texas is not a bad place to get an education). One difference is Jeremy actually played. In the end, it worked out. He spent three great years at Tulane and loves his university. He appreciated the time he spent at Texas, but the comparison between the two schools is Tulane in a landslide. His only regret is not playing for Coach Jones.

I just hope Scott doesn’t regret playing for Coach Fritz. Meeting and talking to him, he gets Tulane. Just like Coach Jones.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

tjtlja wrote:
I just hope Scott doesn’t regret playing for Coach Fritz. Meeting and talking to him, he gets Tulane. Just like Coach Jones.
Joys of multiple negatives: Do you mean "doesn't regret NOT playing for Coach Fritz" ?
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Baywave1 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Joys of multiple negatives: Do you mean "doesn't regret NOT playing for Coach Fritz" ?
Heh. I'm hoping he doesn't regret playing for Coach Fritz too.
Victory is never permanent
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

tjtlja wrote:As smart as Scott is I cannot comprehend how he would think Corvallis is a better alternative to Tulane. Education, New Orleans, family, friends, home, food, weather, and competition. Yes, competition. Throw out the P5 BS. We would likely be a home favorite against OSU. How much better is the PAC 12 than the AAC? I say it is very small given the final 2017 rankings. The schedule we play is not that much different than the schedule Scott would inherit at Tulane. I know I have green glasses on but the PAC 12 is the PAC 12. Most experts thought the AAC should have had a team in the playoffs. Not one of the so called experts (even the bias idiots at ESPN) thought any PAC 12 team belonged in the final four. I hope this kid can back away from all the noise and see the light.
This post is exactly correct. The only difference is that the PAC 12 has name cachet and tremendous fan bases i.e. $$$ for TV. USC, Washington, Stanford, etc. Also, the coaches in that league are pretty stout. But the AAC has the same quality of football, once you peel back the onion. And the AAC champion could compete with ANY P5 team in the country, as history has shown with UH under Hermann, UCF this season, Memphis under Fuentes. Next season it will be someone else. I hope Aresco keeps up the pressure. Meanwhile, we have to show up to games--that's our job.

There are so many good posts on this thread about LS's decision, that it is difficult to discount Tulane or Kansas or Mizzou at this point. But I have to believe that if Scott is as smart as everyone says, that after a lot of thought, Tulane would be his best alternative. But hell, who knows? Tulane is a rising, middle-of-the-pack, soon-to-be-great AAC team; Kansas has about as much chance as Tulane to win the Big12, and is a doormat; Mizzou as a school is a mess right now, their football program is only decent, but it IS the SEC; OSU is a doormat of a comparable league and has all of the travel and exposure issues. Bottom line, go where you are most comfortable. That is the line the CJ used, and it is apt here. Yeah, Banks is the returning starter, but he only started 10 games and the backups got significant playing time, in fact started against a team that was in the CFB playoff. We've got Ohio St. and probably UCF. Go create something, Lindsay. The AAC is not second rate as far as many are concerned.
Plan your work, work your plan.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Rotorooter wrote:
tjtlja wrote:As smart as Scott is I cannot comprehend how he would think Corvallis is a better alternative to Tulane. Education, New Orleans, family, friends, home, food, weather, and competition. Yes, competition. Throw out the P5 BS. We would likely be a home favorite against OSU. How much better is the PAC 12 than the AAC? I say it is very small given the final 2017 rankings. The schedule we play is not that much different than the schedule Scott would inherit at Tulane. I know I have green glasses on but the PAC 12 is the PAC 12. Most experts thought the AAC should have had a team in the playoffs. Not one of the so called experts (even the bias idiots at ESPN) thought any PAC 12 team belonged in the final four. I hope this kid can back away from all the noise and see the light.
This post is exactly correct. The only difference is that the PAC 12 has name cachet and tremendous fan bases i.e. $$$ for TV. USC, Washington, Stanford, etc. Also, the coaches in that league are pretty stout. But the AAC has the same quality of football, once you peel back the onion. And the AAC champion could compete with ANY P5 team in the country, as history has shown with UH under Hermann, UCF this season, Memphis under Fuentes. Next season it will be someone else. I hope Aresco keeps up the pressure. Meanwhile, we have to show up to games--that's our job.

There are so many good posts on this thread about LS's decision, that it is difficult to discount Tulane or Kansas or Mizzou at this point. But I have to believe that if Scott is as smart as everyone says, that after a lot of thought, Tulane would be his best alternative. But hell, who knows? Tulane is a rising, middle-of-the-pack, soon-to-be-great AAC team; Kansas has about as much chance as Tulane to win the Big12, and is a doormat; Mizzou as a school is a mess right now, their football program is only decent, but it IS the SEC; OSU is a doormat of a comparable league and has all of the travel and exposure issues. Bottom line, go where you are most comfortable. That is the line the CJ used, and it is apt here. Yeah, Banks is the returning starter, but he only started 10 games and the backups got significant playing time, in fact started against a team that was in the CFB playoff. We've got Ohio St. and probably UCF. Go create something, Lindsay. The AAC is not second rate as far as many are concerned.
Well said Roto ...
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I was thinking his Mizzou interest was so he could one day face lsu. The way things are looking, if he comes to Tulane he could face lsu in the Birmingham Bowl as the sec’s 6th place team. :mrgreen:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Baywave1 wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Sorry about that, but you said it the way I should have (same for Coach Jones with Jeremy)!
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

waverider wrote:I was thinking his Mizzou interest was so he could one day face lsu. The way things are looking, if he comes to Tulane he could face lsu in the Birmingham Bowl as the sec’s 6th place team. :mrgreen:
Want to get back at LSU? Be a star at Tulane...
Plan your work, work your plan.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

I’m starting to feel a Lindsey Scott commitment to Tulane coming.Tulane is perfect fit for him and he hasn’t committed anywhere else so far. But like Sergeant Shultz would say, “ I know nothing.”
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Man in Green wrote:I’m starting to feel a Lindsey Scott commitment to Tulane coming.Tulane is perfect fit for him and he hasn’t committed anywhere else so far. But like Sergeant Shultz would say, “ I know nothing.”
Damn, MiG, that is positively buoyant! Do be right.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

If L.S. comes here, I think he can win the job and get us to compete immediately for a conference championship.

He's a special talent and would be a great face of the program.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

This whole situation reminds me of a guy that goes on a date with a woman and is really interested in her. She thinks she can do better and continually tries. Whenever she feels depressed she calls him knowing he will be there for her and if all else fails he will take her back.

We are the guy in the story.

I hope I’m wrong and if he does come he truly wants to be here.
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Post by SomeBiz »

That's one perspective. Another is to consider that Scott has made the most of opportunities when he's been a starter. I'm sure he didn't plan on going the JUCO route when he enrolled at LSU. He had a major role in the JUCO national championship last year.

Like many others, his longer term goal is to play on Sundays. His dedication to the game and winning is all the evidence I need to know he can make a difference at Tulane. We all already know Tulane can be an outstanding place to be top-flight quarterback and make it to the NFL. It really boils down to whether he sees the value of doing it at Tulane.
Tulane class of '79
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

NJwave wrote:This whole situation reminds me of a guy that goes on a date with a woman and is really interested in her. She thinks she can do better and continually tries. Whenever she feels depressed she calls him knowing he will be there for her and if all else fails he will take her back.

We are the guy in the story.

I hope I’m wrong and if he does come he truly wants to be here.

But the guy still gets laid!
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
klazaroe
Crest Level

Post by klazaroe »

He will be deciding tomorrow between us and Oregon state.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

klazaroe wrote:He will be deciding tomorrow between us and Oregon state.
Earlier this morning you said he would be announcing his commitment to the Wave. What changed and where do we stand? Is he seriously considering OSU? That is so disappointing on so many fronts.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

tjtlja wrote:
klazaroe wrote:He will be deciding tomorrow between us and Oregon state.
Earlier this morning you said he would be announcing his commitment to the Wave. What changed and where do we stand? Is he seriously considering OSU? That is so disappointing on so many fronts.
Pure conjecture, but LS wants to go pro. If OSU can sell him on their offense being a pro- style, pro ready offense that will make him more attractive to the nfl. That is what they offer. That said, the idea that they could come in so late is...history repeating itself.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Starting to sound like FTW’s assessment is probably right.

Must find some QB’s. Pretty scary depth chart right now.