Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lindsey Scott
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm 
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
"New Orleans is heavily recruited. There have been a couple of kids that have signed with top (Power) five programs that probably should have come to play for us. That’s just the way of the world. I’ve over-recruited sometimes and I’ve got to be careful not to do that."

sounds like a mea culpa for running off McClain and possibly Brantley because of his misguided, over enthusiastic approach to landing Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:48 pm 
President's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
"New Orleans is heavily recruited. There have been a couple of kids that have signed with top (Power) five programs that probably should have come to play for us. That’s just the way of the world. I’ve over-recruited sometimes and I’ve got to be careful not to do that."

sounds like a mea culpa for running off McClain and possibly Brantley because of his misguided, over enthusiastic approach to landing Scott

I thought he meant taking kids who were reaches as D1 players.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:36 pm 
President's Circle

sr wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
I have to admit, it is a real bummer having to sweat out where Lindsay Scott is going to school. Are we absolutely sure he is not transferring again?

Just read an article on the QB's at Mizzou and Lindsey Scott was hardly mentioned. He's sitting 4th and they expect him to transfer - again.

If we do more than pick up the phone and say, "hello, who is this?" I'll be p!ssed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 pm 
President's Circle

sr wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
I have to admit, it is a real bummer having to sweat out where Lindsay Scott is going to school. Are we absolutely sure he is not transferring again?

Just read an article on the QB's at Mizzou and Lindsey Scott was hardly mentioned. He's sitting 4th and they expect him to transfer - again.

Get that damn grill warm for another 20 pages of barbecue!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

ULL backup QB Dion Ray announced he’s transferring as a grad transfer. He went to Helen Cox so he’s from this area and, fwiw, Coach Hall started following him on Twitter.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:27 pm 
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
sr wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

If we do more than pick up the phone and say, "hello, who is this?" I'll be p!ssed.

You can say pissed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:10 am 
President's Circle

waverider wrote:
ULL backup QB Dion Ray announced he’s transferring as a grad transfer. He went to Helen Cox so he’s from this area and, fwiw, Coach Hall started following him on Twitter.

Hall coached him for a year at ULL and used him mostly as a running QB in short yardage situations. He rushed 16 times for 27 yds and 4 TDs. Attempted one pass that was incomplete. He's a really good athlete who could probably play WR, so if he's interested in that, it might be worth a look and he could serve as an emergency QB. But he's not going to play QB at Tulane.

*On edit- he also could get a 6th year hardship because he only played in one game last year. If he had an injury, he could be around for 2 years, which might make him worth it if he changes positions. And as far as Lindsey Scott is concerned, he should try to enjoy his time at Southern or Northwestern State.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:

I thought he meant taking kids who were reaches as D1 players.

Yeah, I think that was pretty clear.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 pm 
Navigator Level

Let's hope we are beyond being happy that Missouri's 4th string quarterback might transfer to Tulane. 2nd string maybe...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:09 pm 
Cornerstone

It’s likely that before he can transfer anywhere the staff here will know what they have in Keon Howard if they don’t already. Scott has missed his bus. If the staff are looking for transfer QB’s I think they’ll be looking for guys who have eligibility after 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm 
Emerald Circle

Honest question: can anyone remember another thread that made this many pages in the history of this site?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:17 pm 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Honest question: can anyone remember another thread that made this many pages in the history of this site?

the most impressive part is that it's at 21 pages for a player that never played here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 pm 
President's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

the most impressive part is that it's at 21 pages for a player that never played here

Or anywhere else in D1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

The only thing I can remember even close was on this site’s precursor site on sportsonly.com/Tulane when we were in the baseball Super Regional against Rice. Back before attom’s Scoreboard we had interminable threads that folks would combine scores and everything else.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:23 pm 
President's Circle

Let’s keep this party going. We have the late signing period on top of us with no one knowing a damn thing, yet there is always Lindsey Scott. It keeps recruiting talk on the burners.

So where will Lindsey Scott end up?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:37 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Let’s keep this party going. We have the late signing period on top of us with no one knowing a damn thing, yet there is always Lindsey Scott. It keeps recruiting talk on the burners.

So where will Lindsey Scott end up?

Rueing his wasted opportunities at Ivy League schools and Tulane.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:03 pm 
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

And as I said before, it's not even the original thread. There are at least 2 others about him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:00 pm 
Emerald Circle

This thread lasted longer than his career. How many pages is the thread on Mizzou board about their 4th string QB

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:09 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

Well, if you go back just 9 pages you come to the '2017 Tulane Football Recruiting Info & Discussion' topic - 44 pages.

2017 Tulane Football Recruiting Info & Discussion

Quote:
Page 1 of 44
[ 1082 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44 Next

long green
Post subject: 2017 Tulane Football Recruiting Info & Discussion
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:06 am

And we're off!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 pm 
Regent's Circle

Of course the latest news about Mizzou is truly Dantesque for Mr. Scott where the punishment is always suitably ironic for the act and actor. It clearly is not set in Paradiso. I guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out ultimately which ring of Purgatorio or Inferno controls here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 pm 
President's Circle

Talk about overrated--Poster Child. So happy the coaches have moved on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:19 pm 
President's Circle

Almost as pathetic as Tanner Lee thread. :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Well, if you go back just 9 pages you come to the '2017 Tulane Football Recruiting Info & Discussion' topic - 44 pages.

Quote:
Page 1 of 44
[ 1082 posts ]

long green

And we're off!

Fair enough... I meant discounting any "yearly discussion" threads (annual NHL thread, annual MLB thread, annual recruiting threads, etc.), and of course the the soccer thread (which literally is a dumping ground for all soccer-related talk ever, spanning many, many years).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:42 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Quote:
Page 1 of 44
[ 1082 posts ]

long green

And we're off!

Fair enough... I meant discounting any "yearly discussion" threads (annual NHL thread, annual MLB thread, annual recruiting threads, etc.), and of course the the soccer thread (which literally is a dumping ground for all soccer-related talk ever, spanning many, many years).

Easy to state your criteria after the fact ... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:53 am 
Regent's Circle

I think it is safe to say this has more replies than the old recurring threads for two-sport recruit J.R. House from Nitro, West Virginia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next