Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lindsey Scott
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 am 
Emerald Circle

UTSA which had the worst FBS offense in 2018

I still remember when folks at the T-P were telling us that, if we were smart, we should hire Frank Wilson to replace CJ. With friends like that....................

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:05 am 
Cornerstone

GreenieBacker wrote:

I still remember when folks at the T-P were telling us that, if we were smart, we should hire Frank Wilson to replace CJ. With friends like that....................

If Wilson were the real thing - if he had won 9 games last year and looked good doing it and were on his way to doing it again - he’d be my choice if we had a vacancy. He’s not so we don’t have to worry.

I have to say he’s showing a positive sign by not buying into Narcisse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 am 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:

If Wilson were the real thing - if he had won 9 games last year and looked good doing it and were on his way to doing it again - he’d be my choice if we had a vacancy. He’s not so we don’t have to worry.

I have to say he’s showing a positive sign by not buying into Narcisse.

can't remember, which a88clown writer was pushing for us to hire Wilson... he needs a public calling out for his stupidity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 am 
Emerald Circle

Frank Wilson??!!??!

no way, no how. Never.

JMac it was all part of the T-P's "Well its just Tulane, it's the best they can do................"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 am 
Cornerstone

Fletcher Mackel, I think. In his defense it was not proven at that time that Wilson would fail. In Wilson’s defense he could still improve and hang on for a few years (his best case).

Last edited by long green on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 am 
Cornerstone

GreenieBacker wrote:
Frank Wilson??!!??!

no way, no how. Never.

JMac it was all part of the T-P's "Well its just Tulane, it's the best they can do................"

Read my actual words, dingbat. IF he were a real winner (he’s not). You still wouldn’t want him? If so, you’re dumb. Just as dumb as when you didn’t want Chase Fourcade because of John Fourcade.

You’re not right about Frank Wilson because you knew anything. You just got proven right over time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:30 am 
Emerald Circle

PJR wrote:
Just leave Lindsey Scott alone. There is not need to belittle other people or college kids. You people must have other things to do besides belittle people on this site. Only bad things happen with regard to Tulane from your negative comments. Your BS may just cause you to see him in a Tulane uniform next year.

I wouldn't waste one iota of time or effort in recruiting him (for obvious reasons), but I don't know why it would be a bad thing if he were in a Tulane uniform. I'd be happy to have him, especially next year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:32 am 
Cornerstone

ml wave wrote:
PJR wrote:
Just leave Lindsey Scott alone. There is not need to belittle other people or college kids. You people must have other things to do besides belittle people on this site. Only bad things happen with regard to Tulane from your negative comments. Your BS may just cause you to see him in a Tulane uniform next year.

I wouldn't waste one iota of time or effort in recruiting him (for obvious reasons), but I don't know why it would be a bad thing if he were in a Tulane uniform. I'd be happy to have him, especially next year.

True. What’s really funny is that PJR is almost bashing an almost recruit. Maybe he should let his bathroom mirror have it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:32 am 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
Frank Wilson??!!??!

no way, no how. Never.

Read my actual words, dingbat. IF he were a real winner (he’s not). You still wouldn’t want him? If so, you’re dumb. Just as dumb as when you didn’t want Chase Fourcade because of John Fourcade.

You’re not right about Frank Wilson because you knew anything. You just got proven right over time.

Idk, not wanting to have anything to do with John Fourcade seems like a valid reason to me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:24 pm 
President's Circle

The reality with Scott is we were very close to getting him before LSU came in and offered and were almost locked to get him before Derek Dooley promised him the world at Mizzou. Had we gotten him either time it could have changed the landscape at our QB position over the last three years. This last dalliance was the closest miss at a key time and need that I have seen in the last 20 years. It's water under the bridge, but for us Tulane football buffs its like contemplating "what if" scenarios in military history as history buffs do. What if we lose D-Day? What if Germany doesn't invade the Soviet Russia? What if the US doesn't enter WWI? We talk about Rich Rod for much of the same reasons. What if we hire him in '99 or '12?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:06 pm 
Regent's Circle

For you vintage SNL fans I preferred the “What if Napoleon had a B-52 at Waterloo?” Ethel Roosevelt flying had its moment’s too. :-D

The What If irony as concerns our QB recruiting is the scenario that actually occurred. If McMillan has a breakout season as an unexpected LSU transfer and/or Tulane wins big with a transfer from USM* then it shows simply that Fritz will never quit until he eats the problem. He refuses to lose with or without Mr. Scott.

*anyone else remember Favre’s rocket to fame debuted against the Wave? I’m ok if Howard’s move is a small restitution for that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
The reality with Scott is we were very close to getting him before LSU came in and offered and were almost locked to get him before Derek Dooley promised him the world at Mizzou. Had we gotten him either time it could have changed the landscape at our QB position over the last three years. This last dalliance was the closest miss at a key time and need that I have seen in the last 20 years. It's water under the bridge, but for us Tulane football buffs its like contemplating "what if" scenarios in military history as history buffs do. What if we lose D-Day? What if Germany doesn't invade the Soviet Russia? What if the US doesn't enter WWI? We talk about Rich Rod for much of the same reasons. What if we hire him in '99 or '12?

His family, particularly his dad, pushed him to lsu. Thought he was “too good” for a place like Tulane. Though looking back, he might be more athletic than PJ Hurst, or whoever our 4th string QB is.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:20 am 
President's Circle

Could somebody lock this thread? I could not care less about a kid who does not want to be at Tulane.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:24 am 
Emerald Circle

Does it violate a rule?

Just dont read it if it bothers you

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:37 am 
President's Circle

Yankeewave wrote:
Does it violate a rule?

Thank you. This is apparently a very tough concept to grasp on this board. We get enough threads locked for no reason. Something I’ve never seen on any decent board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 am 
Regent's Circle

I almost feel like he should be in the former players forum. Former recruit forum?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:27 am 
Regent's Circle

visualmagic wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:
Does it violate a rule?

Thank you. This is apparently a very tough concept to grasp on this board. We get enough threads locked for no reason. Something I’ve never seen on any decent board.

Comparing our current starting quarterback to a venereal disease, as was done above, absolutely does.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:31 am 
President's Circle

I care nothing for the food threads. I don't ask that they be locked, though they have nothing to do with Tulane, because....well a forum is exactly the place where a civil discussion is takes place. Aside from one crude metaphor this discussion has been completely above the deck. In fact it one potty humor post in 22 pages is a shinning example of civil internet discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:39 am 
Emerald Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:
Does it violate a rule?

Comparing our current starting quarterback to a venereal disease, as was done above, absolutely does.

Delete the offending post then, don't lock the thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:40 am 
Cornerstone

ml wave wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:
Does it violate a rule?

Delete the offending post then, don't lock the thread

This.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:36 pm 
Regent's Circle

I apologize if I missed it. Did he finish this past quarter with enough credits for a degree?

I could see him going to a SWAC school immediately and playing on a prove it one year deal and then going to one last D-1 school to start for his final season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 pm 
President's Circle

visualmagic wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:
Does it violate a rule?

We ought to lock it because it is an inane discussion about a kid who blue-balled us twice, has never proven ANYTHING in his collegiate career and will never wear a Tulane uniform. Further, he will never be recruited again by Tulane, so why put it under the GW Athletic Recruiting and Signing News Discussion Board. Yeah, it doesn't violate any rule, it's just stupid.

Just to make you guys feel better, I will not look at this thread anymore as it a total waste of my time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:04 pm 
Regent's Circle

I wanted to lock the thread, but as another mod mentioned.. he hasn't signed anywhere so... there's still a chance, whether we want him or not

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 pm 
Emerald Circle

People are posting in it and, therefore, interested.

Locking it would be an abuse of discretion. Its harmless

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 pm 
Regent's Circle

Yankeewave wrote:
People are posting in it and, therefore, interested.

Locking it would be an abuse of discretion. Its harmless

having a 23 page thread about Lyndsey Scott is an abuse of bandwidth

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next