Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lindsey Scott
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:14 pm 
Emerald Circle

Cancel culture forever! But only what I want to cancel. I. Me. The rest of you can go get your own dictatorship.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 am 
Regent's Circle

He will end up being on 5 teams in 5 years.

Next week he announces SWAC or other FCS for this season and he will then parlay to be a fifth year grad transfer that will be courted next Feb.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:15 am 
Regent's Circle

Look at the last six tweets that LS Jr. liked on Twitter.

Definitely don’t lock this thread as he seems to still like the Green Wave.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23 am 
Emerald Circle

With McMillan finishing after this year and LS likely being in the aforementioned grad transfer portal next year, those here who think this thread is irrelevant might be in for a rude awakening. Howard needs to show serious viability or we need to find a stud HS guy, because otherwise we will probably be adding another 10 pages to this thread later.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:37 am 
Coach Level

LS couldn't be a pimple on Howards backside. Different stratosphere. LS and his father needs to accept that he is not a D-1 QB and change positions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 am 
Emerald Circle

wavedom wrote:
LS couldn't be a pimple on Howards backside. Different stratosphere. LS and his father needs to accept that he is not a D-1 QB and change positions.

I know nothing whatsoever about LS and maybe you're right but apparently the folks who matter disagree with you because we recruited him hard TWICE.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:57 am 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
wavedom wrote:

I know nothing whatsoever about LS and maybe you're right but apparently the folks who matter disagree with you because we recruited him hard TWICE.

All due respect to those people but they're more wrong about him than the others they have signed at the QB position since they got here. Hall's here and I doubt he wants him at QB.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:11 am 
Emerald Circle

wavedom wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
wavedom wrote:

All due respect to those people but they're more wrong about him than the others they have signed at the QB position since they got here. Hall's here and I doubt he wants him at QB.

Not really up to you or me. I think its unlikely we would take him but if WF and Hall wanted him....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:41 am 
Coach Level

Of course it's not up to us but it's us discussing it here. If they did want him it would be a waste of a scholarship if it was to have him at QB. He's one dimensional and we saw where that got us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:31 pm 
Regent's Circle

Keon Howard held an NCAA Div 1 starting job at one time.. LS has not played a meaningful snap. I think I know whom I want to hand the keys over to out of the two of them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

And yet... We have as much say in whether Fritz recruits him out of the transfer portal next year as we have in which direction Dorian turns in the next 24 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:22 pm 
Coach Level

No one said we have a say with what the staff does. We do have a say here though. It's why these sites exist.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:50 pm 
Regent's Circle

When Bradwell moved, he became a potential All AAC performer. I could see taking a flyer on Scott under either scenario. Although small for a QB, he does have real athleticism that could show at a another position. However I would be astounded if he is not looking to land as QB somewhere.

Regardless if he is going to a semester school and he doesn’t want to miss a football season of daily practices, he will have to enroll this week. If he goes to a quarter school, he still has three weeks or so to decide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 pm 
Regent's Circle

QuarterbackU wrote:

For those w/out twitter, he liked everything about the FIU game including student attendance. Good for QBU for surfacing this.

Friday, Sept 6th is last day to register/add classes at Tulane. If he wants to be scout team qb then go for it. If so we’ll know shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:30 pm 
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
QuarterbackU wrote:

For those w/out twitter, he liked everything about the FIU game including student attendance. Good for QBU for surfacing this.

Friday, Sept 6th is last day to register/add classes at Tulane. If he wants to be scout team qb then go for it. If so we’ll know shortly.

You can still see Twitter without having Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:59 pm 
Regent's Circle

You can see someone’s tweets and retweets. I understood you can’t see the “Likes” if you are not signed into Twitter. I welcome correction if that is incorrect.

It matters because as QBU noted Scott’s “Likes” not his tweets read like a world class application from someone asking for another chance. Sorry but have we ever seen a La. Gatorade POY in any sport shamelessly share positive news about Tulane’s student attendance at a home game? He also “Likes” Willie’s Win Surfing video from the Yulman locker room.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:33 am 
Regent's Circle

Good bit of “Tulane” likes from Lindsey Scott Senior as well on Twitter since Thursday.

I am always happy to welcome two more fans to the Green Wave.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:01 am 
Emerald Circle

Well we lose 75% of our offense after this season, including the QB, so if the coaches aren't sure that Howard is the guy, they'll absolutely be all over the transfer portal. I'd say it's a 0% chance it would be Scott, if for no other reason he has no experience so they'll have no comfort that he's the guy either.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:13 am 
President's Circle

Wasn’t Harvard a consideration when this all started? If so, and they will still take him I beg his family to drag him to Cambridge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:48 am 
Regent's Circle

GSx wrote:
Well we lose 75% of our offense after this season, including the QB, so if the coaches aren't sure that Howard is the guy, they'll absolutely be all over the transfer portal. I'd say it's a 0% chance it would be Scott, if for no other reason he has no experience so they'll have no comfort that he's the guy either.

Good analysis about what will be looked for in a transfer portal QB. Experience matters if you’re recruiting experience.

But as noted perhaps someone takes a flyer on Scott as an athlete for playing other than QB? As I understand it, if transfers don’t count against your annual 25 signees and you’re below 85 total scholarship limit (Tulane is not at max 85 today), why not get another practice body this week? To be blunt, wouldn’t Scott be a better scout team QB than Daniels this fall then perhaps move him next spring so he would see the field in specialized situations?

Just spitballing on a holiday weekend but I’m still slack jawed about LS Jr.’s recent twitter activity. It sure looks like he is begging to come to Tulane.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:05 am 
Regent's Circle

FWIW in a final visit to Twitterverse, Scott’s “Sports Dad” in his Likes has given Tulane almost as much love as Junior in the last 72 hours. Little to nothing from either recently on other potential landing spots. I’m sure Scott has a fallback plan but if one believes predicitive power of someone’s social media behavior then Junior is making Tulane his suicide pick. Methinks the ball must be in Fritz’s court.

Meanwhile most recent activity from Junior’s followers is expected recruiting by FCS/Div II schools but does include La Tech and UMass and, yes, the newest is a football staff assistant from Tulane.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:23 am 
Emerald Circle

I have nothing against the guy.
I don't blame him for picking LSU....I blame LSU for offering him when they really didn't want him (assist to Jimmy Smith).
I don't know what Missouri was about.
But most importantly what I don't know is whether or not a good player.

Can someone post his and pop's twitter handles? Okay I found Jr - he's got a blue checkmark?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:36 am 
Emerald Circle

GSx wrote:
Okay I found Jr - he's got a blue checkmark?

Probably because of all the YOGWF parody accounts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:25 pm 
Cornerstone

Until he signs with another school, or stays he’s not coming to Tulane , the thread stays open. We have no idea if we’re recruiting him or if he’s interested in him

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:36 pm 
President's Circle

There is absolutely no reason for this thread to ever be closed unless someone goes off. In fact, almost every thread on this board should stay. This board is the tamest board I read.

When it comes to Scott, has he graduated? I don’t see Tulane accepting anything less than graduation. Otherwise, the kid would be 27 before he is eligible. Zero math credits will be allowed. We teach a different math. And Louisiana bus rides will also be denied.

If he comes and the administration lets him in, Jewett will need some answers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next