Tulane commits fast friendship - Clairon Ledger article

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Tulane commits fast friendship - Clairon Ledger article

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:Your an idiot.
:lol:
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

gerryb323 wrote:
Roller wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:I don't know if your stupid or just being asinine, but there is no way the plain meaning of the words mean this board as opposed to a group chat between Tulane coaches and recruits. So you're the one trying to explain away what was written.

Here is the language (I added the bracketed stuff):
Shegog put on a show in his season opener, throwing for 244 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 136 yards and one touchdown. Hogan had the Tulane coaching staff and 2018 recruiting class filled in. [As in Hogan posted stats in the group chat.]

On the two-hour drive back to Batesville, Shegog read through the Tulane group chat and was flattered to find it filled with updates on his impressive performance. Most importantly to Shegog, though, was that it showed the type of teammate Hogan is, he said. [IT being the posting by Hogan in the group chat.]

“I told them his ability to throw the deep ball really stood out to me,” Hogan said. “I felt like it was right in the receivers' hands, he put it there.” [THEM being the other coaches and recruits in the group chat.]
I think it's more likely that he was referring to something like this:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=49795
and this:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=49752
So you're saying Nik Hogan is Donny Z??!
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

The facts are the former coach left a mess behind and he knew it thus his willing to be the 11th choice for another job. One of the main reasons the fall rosters are allowed to be larger is to allow teams to have enough arms to scrimmage regularly. A team needs about 20 arms to scrimmage regularly in the fall. We were 8 below that. So if anyone wants to be upset they should have been screaming about Pierce all this time. As for the seniors that's on them for refusing to click b/c they chose to be beholden to a man that left them to be #11 elsewhere. As you said when things are misrepresented they should be corrected. Done.
We deserve so much better
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

FW wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Roller wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:I don't know if your stupid or just being asinine, but there is no way the plain meaning of the words mean this board as opposed to a group chat between Tulane coaches and recruits. So you're the one trying to explain away what was written.

Shegog put on a show in his season opener, throwing for 244 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 136 yards and one touchdown. Hogan had the Tulane coaching staff and 2018 recruiting class filled in. [As in Hogan posted stats in the group chat.]

On the two-hour drive back to Batesville, Shegog read through the Tulane group chat and was flattered to find it filled with updates on his impressive performance. Most importantly to Shegog, though, was that it showed the type of teammate Hogan is, he said. [IT being the posting by Hogan in the group chat.]

“I told them his ability to throw the deep ball really stood out to me,” Hogan said. “I felt like it was right in the receivers' hands, he put it there.” [THEM being the other coaches and recruits in the group chat.]
and this:
So you're saying Nik Hogan is Donny Z??!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

wavedom wrote:The facts are the former coach left a mess behind and he knew it thus his willing to be the 11th choice for another job. One of the main reasons the fall rosters are allowed to be larger is to allow teams to have enough arms to scrimmage regularly. A team needs about 20 arms to scrimmage regularly in the fall. We were 8 below that. So if anyone wants to be upset they should have been screaming about Pierce all this time. As for the seniors that's on them for refusing to click b/c they chose to be beholden to a man that left them to be #11 elsewhere. As you said when things are misrepresented they should be corrected. Done.
How is this in a football recruiting thread?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
wavedom wrote:The facts are the former coach left a mess behind and he knew it thus his willing to be the 11th choice for another job. One of the main reasons the fall rosters are allowed to be larger is to allow teams to have enough arms to scrimmage regularly. A team needs about 20 arms to scrimmage regularly in the fall. We were 8 below that. So if anyone wants to be upset they should have been screaming about Pierce all this time. As for the seniors that's on them for refusing to click b/c they chose to be beholden to a man that left them to be #11 elsewhere. As you said when things are misrepresented they should be corrected. Done.
How is this in a football recruiting thread?
Somebody in spite of his special situation felt the need to take a swipe at our baseball coach yet again.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Wavefan
Coach Level

Post by Wavefan »

What this thread tells me is that we are the wizards of thread jacks. Even our thread jacks are thread jacked.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

It was in response to this on page 1:

"It is difficult when the facts are the fact. None of it was an opinion. It's what happened. The facts are sometimes messy and I get it that people hate to hear these things. The baseball players paid the price when it was all said and done and there were so many other things that could have been said, but the naysayers would have just called it whining or you have a vendetta or this or that and then the name calling. It was a tough year with injuries and the new Coach who just didn't click with the senior class. Just hope next year is a great success and you are right, we are all Greenies and name calling is inappropriate and I apologize for that. Like my friend Doc, I will just sit back and enjoy a successful football season and leave the posting to the pros. It has reached that point. I look forward to a great year and will stay in touch with plenty of you. This is a big year for athletics and I pray we can get this program going in the right direction. And one final thing, these issues were brought up over and over because when the facts are not the facts, then the record should be set straight everytime the facts are misrepresented. I hope that is always the case and we all want to know what our athletic program is doing because of the way they have operated under this secret veil the past 40 years. I want to know what is actually going on if my money is paying the bills. Good luck greenies!"
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

wavedom wrote:It was in response to this on page 1:

"It is difficult when the facts are the fact. None of it was an opinion. It's what happened. The facts are sometimes messy and I get it that people hate to hear these things. The baseball players paid the price when it was all said and done and there were so many other things that could have been said, but the naysayers would have just called it whining or you have a vendetta or this or that and then the name calling. It was a tough year with injuries and the new Coach who just didn't click with the senior class. Just hope next year is a great success and you are right, we are all Greenies and name calling is inappropriate and I apologize for that. Like my friend Doc, I will just sit back and enjoy a successful football season and leave the posting to the pros. It has reached that point. I look forward to a great year and will stay in touch with plenty of you. This is a big year for athletics and I pray we can get this program going in the right direction. And one final thing, these issues were brought up over and over because when the facts are not the facts, then the record should be set straight everytime the facts are misrepresented. I hope that is always the case and we all want to know what our athletic program is doing because of the way they have operated under this secret veil the past 40 years. I want to know what is actually going on if my money is paying the bills. Good luck greenies!"
Also not football recruiting
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

I agree. But he put it here so I responded here.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

wavedom wrote:No he didn't reference these boards at all. It is clearly a reference to a site that commits and coaches are allowed to communicate on. Hogan says that he posted on it to make the other other commits and the staff aware of what he just saw Shehog do. It is quite clear.
This is how I took it as well.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:
The irony :-D
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Wavefan wrote:What this thread tells me is that we are the wizards of thread jacks. Even our thread jacks are thread jacked.
High level thread jackery.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
I was hoping somebody understood what I meant. Sad it took a whole day, but thank you.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

waverider wrote:
Wavefan wrote:What this thread tells me is that we are the wizards of thread jacks. Even our thread jacks are thread jacked.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

GretnaGrn wrote:
waverider wrote:
:-D :-D :-D

We have gone from recruits building bonds to GWAR without mentioning food. It's an improvement :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
waverider wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
I was hoping somebody understood what I meant. Sad it took a whole day, but thank you.
And if y'all don't think I did that on purpose, I don't post enough!
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

To quote one of you (I will not use names): "Your an idiot." Please watch your grammar; it is embarrassing to see both "idiot" and bad grammar in the same sentence. Come on guys. Keep it to positive things about Tulane Sports. It is fine to disagree but no need to be so violent about it.
Harahan Wave
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PCWave wrote:To quote one of you (I will not use names): "Your an idiot." Please watch your grammar; it is embarrassing to see both "idiot" and bad grammar in the same sentence. Come on guys. Keep it to positive things about Tulane Sports. It is fine to disagree but no need to be so violent about it.
Your literally quoting the poster right above you. Irregardless i could care less.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

I'm so confused by what happened to this whole post. I had more faith in us.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Roller wrote:

and this:
Lol, 0% chance he was referring to this board.
greenguy
Riptide Level

Post by greenguy »

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

greenguy wrote:http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... 603330001/

Week 2 wasn't pretty for Shegog
Shhhh!! The recruits are reading!