Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 pm 
President's Circle

Just thought I would start a separate thread for the final weekend of the early period- 12/15-12/17. Add anyone you know who is coming and anyone who commits. It is so suppose to be a great ending to an excellent class. CWF and staff have a lot of momentum going. Could be one of our best classes ever.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 pm 
Breaker Level

I'll get the list up on my site tomorrow. Expecting some more big fish.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:35 pm 
Emerald Circle

Damien Tate of Easton is one. The next Batiste or Strozier if we get him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:59 pm 
Navigator Level

Travon King, from Camden, New Jersey, a Rutgers commit, tweeted that he is visiting this weekend. His coach is former Tulane player Preston Brown.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 pm 
Emerald Circle

Here's my question: will the visitors be such that if ANY of them sign, our recruiting ranking will go up from where it is now? Because we're already looking at the best in a long, long time, right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 pm 
President's Circle

Pete, from what I am hearing, the answer is a definite yes. This staff has worked their tails off and selling Tulane athletics the way all of us know it can be. CWF gets Tulane and something special is brewing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:45 pm 
President's Circle

fearthewave wrote:

FTW, thank you for all the wonderful work you put into this. Everyone really appreciates your efforts. Roll Wave!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 pm 
Regent's Circle

tjtlja wrote:
fearthewave wrote:

FTW, thank you for all the wonderful work you put into this. Everyone really appreciates your efforts. Roll Wave!!!

:!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 am 
Emerald Circle

Lichon Terrell, a DT from Georgia & a longtime WKU commit, says he is visiting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:53 am 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
Lichon Terrell, a DT from Georgia & a longtime WKU commit, says he is visiting.
You best me to it!

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 am 
Emerald Circle

looking like a good class. excited....wish we had a bowl game to look forward to, but if this class finishes well it will take a little of the pain away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:01 am 
Emerald Circle

looks like we're wrapping up our last weekend of visits with a big bang. So how many scholies do we have left to give ou? It can't be many.

and I think this early signing period REALLY helps us. We avoid that last minute scramble in February where the "Big Programs" start raiding recruits from schools like ours as some of theirs go elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 am 
Navigator Level

Yankeewave wrote:
if this class finishes well it will take a little of the pain away.

Nope. Still pi $ $ ed off. Team should be flying to Boca Raton today.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 am 
Regent's Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
looks like we're wrapping up our last weekend of visits with a big bang. So how many scholies do we have left to give ou? It can't be many.

and I think this early signing period REALLY helps us. We avoid that last minute scramble in February where the "Big Programs" start raiding recruits from schools like ours as some of theirs go elsewhere.

GB, Leading indicators definitely suggest that the solid three stars just shouldn't wait. Bird in hand and all that which seems to be helping Fritz and Tulane. We'll see but other side of that coin will be where the LaFrances of the world end up. I'm thinking (just a SWAG; no G2) that he may just wait and hope to be scooped up in February by a P5 after the apparent TT brushoff.

This is all fun but admittedly very wild speculation and thus totally appropriate for the fake news internet. Recruit predicting is not quite a mindless pastime but it sure looks better this year than for a while. GO WILLIE!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:28 am 
Emerald Circle

I'm starting to feel sorry for LaFrance, thought he had a bigger scholie than TU's, and it looks like TT filed up with what they thought were better players and they unloaded him. Still, I wish him well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 pm 
Breaker Level

This weekend's list:

http://www.fearthewave.com/story?id=fri ... 20-weekend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:44 pm 
President's Circle

FTW, great job as usual.

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Converse can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.

Last edited by tjtlja on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm 
Coach Level

tjtlja wrote:
FTW, great job as usual.

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Houston can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.

Scott and that kid are separated by two years. Why does he threaten Scott, but the kid from NC not?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:45 pm 
Emerald Circle

really impressive list the last couple of weekends. As good as I've seen around here in a very, very long time. This weekend has some surprises like the QB recruit coming in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

Give the QB Scott's spot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

I completely, 100% agree. Scott is reminding me of the LaFrance recruiting story. Better to get out of his way, part company and wish him well on his journey.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:30 pm 
Regent's Circle

Poseidon wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
FTW, great job as usual.

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Houston can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.

Scott and that kid are separated by two years. Why does he threaten Scott, but the kid from NC not?

Because we have a finite number of schollys and are already committed to the kid from NC. Basically there's room for one more. Bringing this kid in is either us moving on from Scott or trying to keep him from dragging this on past the early signing period.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm 
Coach Level

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
FTW, great job as usual.

Because we have a finite number of schollys and are already committed to the kid from NC. Basically there's room for one more. Bringing this kid in is either us moving on from Scott or trying to keep him from dragging this on past the early signing period.

I see your point, but I saw Scott as a "find a scholly" for him guy. We received the commit from the NC kid before we lost two QBs to transfer. The scholarship situation is very fluid.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:12 pm 
President's Circle

Julon Williams is a helluva player. He may just be better than Scott. I hope we can pull this off.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:43 pm 
Breaker Level

I don't know if we can make it happen since he has been a hard commit for them, but man, this dude can play:

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 7400871936

Would much rather have him on our side in a couple years. #2 recruit in their class.