2018 Commit List Radar Status

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: 2018 Commit List Radar Status

Unread post by waverider »

Rotorooter wrote:
1401973 wrote:To make the eeyores of this board happy: I have firm evidence that, for the few punts he didn’t have blocked he averaged 10 yards per punt. Each was squibbed on the ground so no hang time. Good news was all were returned for TDS.
Good God, a bit negative about the #1 punter in the country, huh?
See Greeniebacker's post above, smart guy.

I truly hope this guy is as good as advertised. He seems to be. May we get ten more five* players all over the lineup. Hell, I hope this guy can play a great QB--can't hurt. But hope hope is not coaching or a strategy...
If he's a decent QB, that fake punt play we ran with Glen C could be a staple to our offense :lol: Our QBs know how to pooch kick, no reason the punter can't be a passer :-D
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
G-wave
Navigator Level

Unread post by G-wave »

Could be wrong but I have no problem giving schollies to kickers even if it's 3 or 4 to get it right. Over the years we have lost a bunch of games because of it. The way I see it you have 85 spots so there should be a lot of room after the two deep chart of 44. This even gives you room for a few misses.
pearlriverwave
Navigator Level

Unread post by pearlriverwave »

[quote="Rotorooter"]Not to be a Negative Nellie, but from his camp films, it looks to me like he takes an extra step--scouts don't like that in a punter. Easier to block. Could be that he is more relaxed in his films. Would like to see game film. Also, there's more to a punter than just booming kicks--can he directionally kick the ball, can he punt them inside the 20/10 and so on...

Phone rings, Ryan picks it up and a raspy voice says
Ryan wright the punter. Yes sir
This is coach willie fritz with the tulane greenwave here in new orleans. We want the best punter so we want you to come for a visit. See our campus, not big like those public schools. We have high academics and a fun town.
Well sir I will have to talk with my parents.
We are building a winning program and would like you to be a part of it. You can online to yogwf and - no no forget that-- here is my number call me and we will set you coming to visit. We can talk about hang time and 2 step 3 step 4 step punting when you get here
Ryan shows up and coach says " Son we will show you our stadium and school. We have a lot of good young men that wants to win you can meet after that I will show you where to sign
Yes coach
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

pearlriverwave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:Not to be a Negative Nellie, but from his camp films, it looks to me like he takes an extra step--scouts don't like that in a punter. Easier to block. Could be that he is more relaxed in his films. Would like to see game film. Also, there's more to a punter than just booming kicks--can he directionally kick the ball, can he punt them inside the 20/10 and so on...

This is coach willie fritz with the tulane greenwave here in new orleans. We want the best punter so we want you to come for a visit. See our campus, not big like those public schools. We have high academics and a fun town.
We are building a winning program and would like you to be a part of it. You can online to yogwf and - no no forget that-- here is my number call me and we will set you coming to visit. We can talk about hang time and 2 step 3 step 4 step punting when you get here
Ryan shows up and coach says " Son we will show you our stadium and school. We have a lot of good young men that wants to win you can meet after that I will show you where to sign
Yes coach
Anyone else befuddled by this post, or is it just me? Pearl? You okay, buddy?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
pearlriverwave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:Not to be a Negative Nellie, but from his camp films, it looks to me like he takes an extra step--scouts don't like that in a punter. Easier to block. Could be that he is more relaxed in his films. Would like to see game film. Also, there's more to a punter than just booming kicks--can he directionally kick the ball, can he punt them inside the 20/10 and so on...

Yes coach
Anyone else befuddled by this post, or is it just me? Pearl? You okay, buddy?
It's an expanded more detailed version of my first post.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Poseidon wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 am -There has been a lot of talk about commits being under the radar. I seek to roughly define and lay out the facts. I propose 2 classifications for this purpose. Simply put if they have a P5, or two AAC or MWC/BYU/Army offer they are "on the radar." I include the MWC because their recruiting class grades compare with AAC's.

GREEN: On
RED: OFF
Strike through = de-commit
Bold = Sign
Name-POS-top 3 Offers

Sorrell Brown WR USAFA, Purdue, UTEP
Macon Clark LB ULL, Troy
Simi Bakare RB Mizzou, Central Ark, Stephen F Austin
Cameron Carroll RB South Al, Southern Miss, Central Ark
Nik Hogan OL Miss St, Kentucky, ECU
Tyrick James TE K-STate, SMU, New Mexico
Jamal Anderson DB Louisville only other offer
Patrick Shegog ATH Army, Navy Central Ark.
Carlos Hatcher DE USM only other offer
Michael Remondet OL UL, Marshall
Jason Swann OL NC State, Syraccuse, Miss St.
Jamiran James DT Houston, Memphis, Navy
Amare Jones ATH Tulsa, SFA, UNT
Stephen Lewerenz OL MTSU, Liberty, Murray
Davon Wright DT Navy, SMU, COl state
Juan Monjarres DE Wash St, Colorado, ECU
Christian Daniels QB Purdue, USAFA, Navy
Jorien Vallien WR Ms St, TTU, Vandy
Jeffery Johnson DT Alabama, Florida, LSU
Dorian Camel S Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas
Ryan Wright P None*
Larry Brooks S ULM, Ark St., Texas State,
Damien Tate DB UTSA, UNT IDAHO
Chris Joyce ATH Tenneessee ?, FAU, UMASS
Bumping for look back at how they turned out.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

I dont follow as closely as most but shocking how few names i know
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

curious about a few of the names on there.. so did some googling

Dorian Camel is only running track at LSU
Simi Bakare has 90 rushing yards in 3 seasons at Missou, 1 TD
Jamiran James is playing a little at Nicholls
Shegog started as a freshman and did well at Delta State, but got hurt his sophomore year and redshirted
Jamal Anderson is playing a little bit at FIU
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest