Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline
Riptide Level

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 pm
Posts: 199
https://twitter.com/cmd__16/status/930615070299652096

3* QB out of North Carolina flips from Miami (OH). 247 reports offers from Purdue, Army, Navy, Air Force, Old Dom, and more.

Made Tulane visit for the Cincy game. Hasn't been RW'd yet but that's coming.

_________________
- Twitter: @fearthewaveblog
- Tune In: FTWCast on iTunes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20020
Location: North Kenner
If Army, Navy and Air Force want him he must run the option well. Miami (OH) and Purdue aren't bad offers either.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2792
Location: Destin, FL
And there’s the Roll Wave

https://twitter.com/coachwefritz/status ... 8185676800


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24104
Location: New Orleans
This beats hell out of me. How many guys are we signing, anyway? Solid offers, 3 stars on 247.

Rivals doesn't give him as high a rating but has him with 8 or so FBS offers. He threw for over 1800 yards with a 20-6 TD-ing ratio & ran for 846 yards & 12 td's with a 7.6 ypc.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 18977
Location: Cincinnati, OH
waverider wrote:
Miami (OH) and Purdue aren't bad offers either.
Ummmm.... If you say so. Well, okay, Purdue is at least in a real conference.

Fun fact: Miami lost to Cincinnati this year in even more painful/pathetic fashion than we did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19357
Location: New Orleans
Miami (Ohio) has traditionally had a solid Program. Certainly with much more success than ours. Clearly WF is determined to find his QB. Wherever he may be.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 18977
Location: Cincinnati, OH
GreenieBacker wrote:
Miami (Ohio) has traditionally had a solid Program. Certainly with much more success than ours. Clearly WF is determined to find his QB. Wherever he may be.

Miami is known as the Cradle of Coaches from years past but they've been horrid since Ben Roethlisberger left, and that was a long time ago. I think you're showing your age when you say they are solid.

These days in college football, nothing more than 5 to 10 years ago matters. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24104
Location: New Orleans
Martin, the current HC, is doing his best, notwithstanding blowing that Cincy game (sounds too familiar). They have a very good shot at 2 bowl seasons in a row. If that doesn't sound like much, and it isn't, really, Miami O was at the absolute bottom of the 1-a barrel when he got there. Back to Christian Daniels. He has eight reported 1-a offers other than ours, with one P5, one other AAC, and one MWC program offering. It's not just us that thinks he's a good athlete.

Daniels looks like a left-handed Banks. Prospect get listed heights that look exaggerated on highlights but Daniels looks to be the 6'2" he's listed at. He claims a 11.0 second 100 meter dash as a junior, with numerous times just hundredths of a second off that. His personal best in the 200m is 22.04. That's good speed for a kid that size in his junior year of high school. He also plays a lot of defense. He could be an athlete recruit but we'll see.

update: I have reason to think Daniels is taking Patrick Shegog's spot. The latter player does not call himself a Tulane commitment on his Twitter page any longer. That's not authoritative or scientific but I think it's worth passing on.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
Riptide Level

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 pm
Posts: 163
This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24104
Location: New Orleans
I wouldn't say we wouldn't take Scott, any number of things could happen at the QB position and these things happen to many if not most 1-a programs every off-season. I would say it's not likely that Scott would be thrilled with this offense. If I were advising the kid and had no bias toward Tulane I'd tell him to go with either Memphis or South Florida. As for Tulane, I'm okay with a 2018 top 3 of Banks, Brantley, and McClain.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1933
Location: Baton Rouge
ThePig wrote:
This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.


This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1933
Location: Baton Rouge
I like this commit.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9179
Poseidon wrote:
ThePig wrote:
This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.


This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.

If we had Scott, that's not really something I'd worry about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1933
Location: Baton Rouge
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
ThePig wrote:
This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.


This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.

If we had Scott, that's not really something I'd worry about.


True.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2792
Location: Destin, FL
Shegog has deocmmited per Twitter.

https://twitter.com/pshegog7_/status/930913322609926145

Suspect Scott is still very much in play (on our side at least)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:54 pm
Posts: 636
Location: neworleans
With the new early signing period about a month away I think things will get crazy for all college Teams. Some kids are decommiting cause they are not sure others are being told by Coaches to look elsewhere and some kids will be signing not to be left out in the cold by the big schools. The only players not effected are the Super Blues who we are not in on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:18 am
Posts: 17907
Location: Beautiful Dutchtown
So did we trade up here?

_________________
A refreshing culture of standards, expectations and accountability is upon us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6869
Location: Wisconsin
GSx wrote:
So did we trade up here?

Don't know ...... Sure liked Shegog though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24104
Location: New Orleans
This kid is bigger & faster. He has a higher completion percentage & had more offers plus a higher rating on 247.

My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 18977
Location: Cincinnati, OH
long green wrote:
My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.
If the recruits can commit to someone and then trade up when a bigger school offer comes around, why can't we offer a kid and then trade up when a better kid comes along? It ain't nice but that's the noncommittal world we live in now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20020
Location: North Kenner
PeteRasche wrote:
long green wrote:
My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.
If the recruits can commit to someone and then trade up when a bigger school offer comes around, why can't we offer a kid and then trade up when a better kid comes along? It ain't nice but that's the noncommittal world we live in now.

Ideally, the early signing period is supposed to aleviate some of that though it's the reason many coaches, including Fritz, do not like the rule. If they sign a kid in December, they are essentially stuck. The only way to trade up is to sacrifice another position.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1208
Location: Naples, FL
GSx wrote:
So did we trade up here?

That is my interpretation of his comments.

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5807
Location: Dripping Springs
So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 1792
sr wrote:
So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?


Maybe our coaches told him to find somewhere else to go?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5807
Location: Dripping Springs
visualmagic wrote:
sr wrote:
So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?


Maybe our coaches told him to find somewhere else to go?

Well, that's that then.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group