Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 pm 
Riptide Level

https://twitter.com/cmd__16/status/930615070299652096

3* QB out of North Carolina flips from Miami (OH). 247 reports offers from Purdue, Army, Navy, Air Force, Old Dom, and more.

Made Tulane visit for the Cincy game. Hasn't been RW'd yet but that's coming.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

If Army, Navy and Air Force want him he must run the option well. Miami (OH) and Purdue aren't bad offers either.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm 
President's Circle

And there’s the Roll Wave

https://twitter.com/coachwefritz/status ... 8185676800

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm 
Emerald Circle

This beats hell out of me. How many guys are we signing, anyway? Solid offers, 3 stars on 247.

Rivals doesn't give him as high a rating but has him with 8 or so FBS offers. He threw for over 1800 yards with a 20-6 TD-ing ratio & ran for 846 yards & 12 td's with a 7.6 ypc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 pm 
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
Miami (OH) and Purdue aren't bad offers either.
Ummmm.... If you say so. Well, okay, Purdue is at least in a real conference.

Fun fact: Miami lost to Cincinnati this year in even more painful/pathetic fashion than we did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am 
Emerald Circle

Miami (Ohio) has traditionally had a solid Program. Certainly with much more success than ours. Clearly WF is determined to find his QB. Wherever he may be.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 am 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
Miami (Ohio) has traditionally had a solid Program. Certainly with much more success than ours. Clearly WF is determined to find his QB. Wherever he may be.

Miami is known as the Cradle of Coaches from years past but they've been horrid since Ben Roethlisberger left, and that was a long time ago. I think you're showing your age when you say they are solid.

These days in college football, nothing more than 5 to 10 years ago matters. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 am 
Emerald Circle

Martin, the current HC, is doing his best, notwithstanding blowing that Cincy game (sounds too familiar). They have a very good shot at 2 bowl seasons in a row. If that doesn't sound like much, and it isn't, really, Miami O was at the absolute bottom of the 1-a barrel when he got there. Back to Christian Daniels. He has eight reported 1-a offers other than ours, with one P5, one other AAC, and one MWC program offering. It's not just us that thinks he's a good athlete.

Daniels looks like a left-handed Banks. Prospect get listed heights that look exaggerated on highlights but Daniels looks to be the 6'2" he's listed at. He claims a 11.0 second 100 meter dash as a junior, with numerous times just hundredths of a second off that. His personal best in the 200m is 22.04. That's good speed for a kid that size in his junior year of high school. He also plays a lot of defense. He could be an athlete recruit but we'll see.

update: I have reason to think Daniels is taking Patrick Shegog's spot. The latter player does not call himself a Tulane commitment on his Twitter page any longer. That's not authoritative or scientific but I think it's worth passing on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 pm 
Riptide Level

This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 pm 
Emerald Circle

I wouldn't say we wouldn't take Scott, any number of things could happen at the QB position and these things happen to many if not most 1-a programs every off-season. I would say it's not likely that Scott would be thrilled with this offense. If I were advising the kid and had no bias toward Tulane I'd tell him to go with either Memphis or South Florida. As for Tulane, I'm okay with a 2018 top 3 of Banks, Brantley, and McClain.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 pm 
Coach Level

ThePig wrote:
This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.

This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 pm 
Coach Level

I like this commit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm 
Regent's Circle

Poseidon wrote:
ThePig wrote:

This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.

If we had Scott, that's not really something I'd worry about.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm 
Coach Level

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
ThePig wrote:

If we had Scott, that's not really something I'd worry about.

True.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm 
President's Circle

Shegog has deocmmited per Twitter.

https://twitter.com/pshegog7_/status/930913322609926145

Suspect Scott is still very much in play (on our side at least)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 pm 
Navigator Level

With the new early signing period about a month away I think things will get crazy for all college Teams. Some kids are decommiting cause they are not sure others are being told by Coaches to look elsewhere and some kids will be signing not to be left out in the cold by the big schools. The only players not effected are the Super Blues who we are not in on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm 
Emerald Circle

So did we trade up here?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 pm 
Regent's Circle

GSx wrote:
So did we trade up here?

Don't know ...... Sure liked Shegog though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 pm 
Emerald Circle

This kid is bigger & faster. He has a higher completion percentage & had more offers plus a higher rating on 247.

My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 pm 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.
If the recruits can commit to someone and then trade up when a bigger school offer comes around, why can't we offer a kid and then trade up when a better kid comes along? It ain't nice but that's the noncommittal world we live in now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
long green wrote:
If the recruits can commit to someone and then trade up when a bigger school offer comes around, why can't we offer a kid and then trade up when a better kid comes along? It ain't nice but that's the noncommittal world we live in now.

Ideally, the early signing period is supposed to aleviate some of that though it's the reason many coaches, including Fritz, do not like the rule. If they sign a kid in December, they are essentially stuck. The only way to trade up is to sacrifice another position.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:30 pm 
Navigator Level

GSx wrote:
So did we trade up here?

That is my interpretation of his comments.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:46 pm 
Regent's Circle

So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 pm 
Coach Level

sr wrote:
So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?

Maybe our coaches told him to find somewhere else to go?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 am 
Regent's Circle

visualmagic wrote:
sr wrote:

Maybe our coaches told him to find somewhere else to go?

Well, that's that then.