Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:00 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm
Posts: 2631
Granier couldn't "sign" because he was still on scholarship at Vanderbilt for this semester. He was granted a waiver to pursue a transfer, but that couldn't be accomplished officially until he graduated. Something changed in the last three weeks...don't know what...but now he's going to UCF.

_________________
This one belongs to the Wave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2665
At a position of need. What a bummer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 30475
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
TU23 wrote:
... Something changed in the last three weeks...don't know what...but now he's going to UCF.
To play for the Defending National Champions, perhaps?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10514
Location: Chicago
wow. that is a real kick in the pants.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:36 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6796
Location: Dripping Springs
Guess he's not that serious about his Master's program ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18265
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
sr wrote:
Guess he's not that serious about his Master's program ...

“I’m going to Disney World!”

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2422
Location: Baton Rouge
"Thanks for holding the scholly for me guys, but i"m going somewhere else, see yah." Grad transfer rule = player free-agency. It is not about continuing education for nearly all of them.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3468
Location: Marietta, GA
According to the newspaper article, TU currently has 81 on scholly. Which means we have 4 to give. I would like to think at least one will be given to a grad transfer QB. Also, I would have to think that there are some uncommitted grad transfers out there. Giving them a scholly at this point would be like giving them the "sleeves out of our vest." Sorry to lose Granier, but we now know his motivations--I hope we see UCF in December and make him regret his decision.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19809
Location: Chicago
Rotorooter wrote:
regret his decision.


He's getting a "graduate degree" from a community college. He's reinforced my thoughts on Vanderbilt alumni

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 744
Rotorooter wrote:
According to the newspaper article, TU currently has 81 on scholly. Which means we have 4 to give. I would like to think at least one will be given to a grad transfer QB. Also, I would have to think that there are some uncommitted grad transfers out there. Giving them a scholly at this point would be like giving them the "sleeves out of our vest." Sorry to lose Granier, but we now know his motivations--I hope we see UCF in December and make him regret his decision.


Under the new rules we don't have 4 to give. They can be given to players currently on the roster.

_________________
Football is here ! Ugh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4249
Location: Wichita
Here's a neat list of potential grad transfers: https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers/

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 30475
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
windywave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
regret his decision.


He's getting a "graduate degree" from a community college. He's reinforced my thoughts on Vanderbilt alumni
That was my first thought, as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm
Posts: 2631
We're down to 80 with the news that Michael Scott is transferring. We now have 25 slots to fill in this recruiting cycle before attrition. I'd expect that Merek Glover will get a scholarship now if he wins the starting job as we likely aren't going to be able to have a full 85 until 2020.

_________________
This one belongs to the Wave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9809
TU23 wrote:
We're down to 80 with the news that Michael Scott is transferring. We now have 25 slots to fill in this recruiting cycle before attrition. I'd expect that Merek Glover will get a scholarship now if he wins the starting job as we likely aren't going to be able to have a full 85 until 2020.

Guess the Michael Scott Paper Company football team just got a new player...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20840
Location: North Kenner
ml wave wrote:
TU23 wrote:
We're down to 80 with the news that Michael Scott is transferring. We now have 25 slots to fill in this recruiting cycle before attrition. I'd expect that Merek Glover will get a scholarship now if he wins the starting job as we likely aren't going to be able to have a full 85 until 2020.

Guess the Michael Scott Paper Company football team just got a new player...

He went to start his own team :lol:

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:54 pm
Posts: 677
Location: neworleans
Would have love to have him but remember he wasn't a full time player on vandy's OL.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group