Visitors for Final Weekend

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Visitors for Final Weekend

Post by tjtlja »

Just thought I would start a separate thread for the final weekend of the early period- 12/15-12/17. Add anyone you know who is coming and anyone who commits. It is so suppose to be a great ending to an excellent class. CWF and staff have a lot of momentum going. Could be one of our best classes ever.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Re: Visitors for Final Weekend

Post by fearthewave »

I'll get the list up on my site tomorrow. Expecting some more big fish.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Damien Tate of Easton is one. The next Batiste or Strozier if we get him.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Post by Wave Revival »

Travon King, from Camden, New Jersey, a Rutgers commit, tweeted that he is visiting this weekend. His coach is former Tulane player Preston Brown.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Here's my question: will the visitors be such that if ANY of them sign, our recruiting ranking will go up from where it is now? Because we're already looking at the best in a long, long time, right?
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Pete, from what I am hearing, the answer is a definite yes. This staff has worked their tails off and selling Tulane athletics the way all of us know it can be. CWF gets Tulane and something special is brewing.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

fearthewave wrote:I'll get the list up on my site tomorrow. Expecting some more big fish.
FTW, thank you for all the wonderful work you put into this. Everyone really appreciates your efforts. Roll Wave!!!
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

tjtlja wrote:
fearthewave wrote:I'll get the list up on my site tomorrow. Expecting some more big fish.
FTW, thank you for all the wonderful work you put into this. Everyone really appreciates your efforts. Roll Wave!!!
:!: :!: :!:
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Lichon Terrell, a DT from Georgia & a longtime WKU commit, says he is visiting.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote:Lichon Terrell, a DT from Georgia & a longtime WKU commit, says he is visiting.
You best me to it!
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

looking like a good class. excited....wish we had a bowl game to look forward to, but if this class finishes well it will take a little of the pain away.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

looks like we're wrapping up our last weekend of visits with a big bang. So how many scholies do we have left to give ou? It can't be many.

and I think this early signing period REALLY helps us. We avoid that last minute scramble in February where the "Big Programs" start raiding recruits from schools like ours as some of theirs go elsewhere.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Yankeewave wrote: if this class finishes well it will take a little of the pain away.
Nope. Still pi $ $ ed off. Team should be flying to Boca Raton today.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

GreenieBacker wrote:looks like we're wrapping up our last weekend of visits with a big bang. So how many scholies do we have left to give ou? It can't be many.

and I think this early signing period REALLY helps us. We avoid that last minute scramble in February where the "Big Programs" start raiding recruits from schools like ours as some of theirs go elsewhere.
GB, Leading indicators definitely suggest that the solid three stars just shouldn't wait. Bird in hand and all that which seems to be helping Fritz and Tulane. We'll see but other side of that coin will be where the LaFrances of the world end up. I'm thinking (just a SWAG; no G2) that he may just wait and hope to be scooped up in February by a P5 after the apparent TT brushoff.

This is all fun but admittedly very wild speculation and thus totally appropriate for the fake news internet. Recruit predicting is not quite a mindless pastime but it sure looks better this year than for a while. GO WILLIE!
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I'm starting to feel sorry for LaFrance, thought he had a bigger scholie than TU's, and it looks like TT filed up with what they thought were better players and they unloaded him. Still, I wish him well.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

FTW, great job as usual.

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Converse can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.
Last edited by tjtlja on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

tjtlja wrote:FTW, great job as usual.

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Houston can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.

Scott and that kid are separated by two years. Why does he threaten Scott, but the kid from NC not?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

really impressive list the last couple of weekends. As good as I've seen around here in a very, very long time. This weekend has some surprises like the QB recruit coming in.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Give the QB Scott's spot.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I completely, 100% agree. Scott is reminding me of the LaFrance recruiting story. Better to get out of his way, part company and wish him well on his journey.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote:

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Houston can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.

Scott and that kid are separated by two years. Why does he threaten Scott, but the kid from NC not?
Because we have a finite number of schollys and are already committed to the kid from NC. Basically there's room for one more. Bringing this kid in is either us moving on from Scott or trying to keep him from dragging this on past the early signing period.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

Because we have a finite number of schollys and are already committed to the kid from NC. Basically there's room for one more. Bringing this kid in is either us moving on from Scott or trying to keep him from dragging this on past the early signing period.
I see your point, but I saw Scott as a "find a scholly" for him guy. We received the commit from the NC kid before we lost two QBs to transfer. The scholarship situation is very fluid.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Julon Williams is a helluva player. He may just be better than Scott. I hope we can pull this off.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

I don't know if we can make it happen since he has been a hard commit for them, but man, this dude can play:

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 7400871936

Would much rather have him on our side in a couple years. #2 recruit in their class.