Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
Ellison visited two weekends ago. Has three other FBS offers. Listed in places as a safety but is a linebacker all the way at this level. His film clips remind me just a bit of Luke Jackson, though Ellison is a bit smaller and a bit faster.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6793
Location: Dripping Springs
District defensive 6A MVP


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 19809
Location: Chicago
long green wrote:
Ellison visited two weekends ago. Has three other FBS offers. Listed in places as a safety but is a linebacker all the way at this level. His film clips remind me just a bit of Luke Jackson, though Ellison is a bit smaller and a bit faster.


Who were the offers?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6793
Location: Dripping Springs
247 has him at 3***


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6793
Location: Dripping Springs
windywave wrote:
long green wrote:
Ellison visited two weekends ago. Has three other FBS offers. Listed in places as a safety but is a linebacker all the way at this level. His film clips remind me just a bit of Luke Jackson, though Ellison is a bit smaller and a bit faster.


Who were the offers?

It it's the same Preston I saw Purdue, SMU, Texas Tech & Tulsa along with Bucknell, Texas State


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20044
Location: New Orleans
his only other offers to date were from Texas State, New Mexico, New Mexico St., Army. Lots of other bigger name schools were aware of him but no offers.

6'-3", 195 lbs., I like his size.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20839
Location: North Kenner
I don't know if Permian is still the powerhouse they were in the Friday Night Lights era but at one time they sent a lot of talented kids to college

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:48 am
Posts: 1491
Some of you old timers remember Scott Mann 6’5 275 OT Parade AllAmerican 1st team all prep and a National Heavy weight Judo champ. He played at Permian Odessa in71-72.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1355
Location: Naples, FL
Billow wrote:
Some of you old timers remember Scott Mann 6’5 275 OT Parade AllAmerican 1st team all prep and a National Heavy weight Judo champ. He played at Permian Odessa in71-72.

I do remember Scott and his play in the freshman game against LSU.

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:43 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6793
Location: Dripping Springs
CT Wave wrote:
Billow wrote:
Some of you old timers remember Scott Mann 6’5 275 OT Parade AllAmerican 1st team all prep and a National Heavy weight Judo champ. He played at Permian Odessa in71-72.

I do remember Scott and his play in the freshman game against LSU.

That was a great Freshman game - Scott was a man among boys. He also tossed this bed out of his Sharp dorm window one night .... Tulane needs a few more Scott Manns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:41 pm
Posts: 636
Well, we need some Scott Manns who last past the freshman year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20839
Location: North Kenner
I wonder if Ellison wishes he'd waited a day or two before signing :green wink:

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1355
Location: Naples, FL
waverider wrote:
I wonder if Ellison wishes he'd waited a day or two before signing :green wink:

Doubt it. Closer to home and an easy explanation for the result of the bowl game.

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group