Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2707
That P5 BS again. I really wanted Hallett. Plays in a terrific district. The PERCEIVED distinction is truly a death nail when it comes to recruiting. I often wonder with this staff would be doing if we were part of a P6. I think we would actually have a top 25 class. This “labeling” sucks so much.

If Tennessee offers Norwood, I think we lose out on and same on Griffin with Ga Tech. How many kids have we lost this recruiting cycle under this ridiculous P5 moniker. Just off the top we have Scott, Bakare, Willis, Marlborough, and Hallett. There are probably numerous others. Winning is the only thing that can combat this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:54 pm
Posts: 677
Location: neworleans
Hallet was an outside shot for us. Truth is looking at the Class we have in hand is perfect in terms of needs except for a second QB who will be addressed later. Anyone added to this class is just gravy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 811
We could use yet another LB too.

_________________
Football is here ! Let's Roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
Riptide Level

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 pm
Posts: 180
According to Rivals public information, we are supposed to have a visit this weekend from De'dric Jackson. He is a three star OLB from Alabama. He has several P5 offers, including big SEC programs listed as offering. He suffered an injury late in the season (I believe that it was a knee) which may have frightened off some of those schools.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:07 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20364
Location: Cincinnati, OH
tjtlja wrote:
That P5 BS again. I really wanted Hallett. Plays in a terrific district. The PERCEIVED distinction is truly a death nail when it comes to recruiting. I often wonder with this staff would be doing if we were part of a P6. I think we would actually have a top 25 class. This “labeling” sucks so much.

If Tennessee offers Norwood, I think we lose out on and same on Griffin with Ga Tech. How many kids have we lost this recruiting cycle under this ridiculous P5 moniker. Just off the top we have Scott, Bakare, Willis, Marlborough, and Hallett. There are probably numerous others. Winning is the only thing that can combat this.

On the bright side, we're at least offering, and in most cases strongly in the running for, these better recruits. A long way from the Toledo days of battling Rice, ULM, and Mcneese, and losing kids to LA Tech and ULL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2707
Pete, no doubt about that and so refreshing to see.

Some recruiting news -

D’Andre Ragin commited to Toledo

Norwood has not announced yet.

Griffin did not announce anything yet.

Kurott Garland is predicted 100% to the Wave.

Alfred Thomas has not announced yet.

According to Rivals, La’Dedric Jackson visited Tulane this past weekend. No word yet on where he is going.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9874
tjtlja wrote:
Pete, no doubt about that and so refreshing to see.

Some recruiting news -

D’Andre Ragin commited to Toledo

Norwood has not announced yet.

Griffin did not announce anything yet.

Kurott Garland is predicted 100% to the Wave.

Alfred Thomas has not announced yet.

According to Rivals, La’Dedric Jackson visited Tulane this past weekend. No word yet on where he is going.

Quietly disappointed Ragin didn't sign with ULL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 1207
ml wave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Pete, no doubt about that and so refreshing to see.

Some recruiting news -

D’Andre Ragin commited to Toledo

Norwood has not announced yet.

Griffin did not announce anything yet.

Kurott Garland is predicted 100% to the Wave.

Alfred Thomas has not announced yet.

According to Rivals, La’Dedric Jackson visited Tulane this past weekend. No word yet on where he is going.

Quietly disappointed Ragin didn't sign with ULL.


Did you mean USL?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm
Posts: 2635
My guesses for Wednesday:

Keitha Jones- 99%
Joseph Norwood- 80%
Prime Garland- 80%
Alfred Thomas- 50%
De'Drick Jackson- 50%
Jaquon Griffin- 25%

Griffin is almost certainly going to Georgia Tech. Norwood took an "unofficial" to Tennessee, so I'm not sure that is anything to worry about unless Tennessee just wants to throw a scholarship his way at the end. If they do, he goes there. Garland's Tennessee offer may be a greyshirt as one of our posters already said, so if that's the case, I see him in this class. Thomas and Jackson are high school teammates and I could see them both pulling the trigger for Tulane (especially since it looks like Thomas didn't go to UCF this weekend as planned), but if that happens, you can't take either Norwood or Garland. Not a bad problem to have.

_________________
This one belongs to the Wave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20364
Location: Cincinnati, OH
So how many spots do we have left (I know it's been posted but it's lost amongst the current threads)? And if we hold one for a QB transfer but sign the guys listed above in order of probability (however many of them we can), what will that likely do to our recruiting rankings for this year? Would we likely improve, stay the same, or drop, obviously not knowing what our conference mates will do but just in terms of "feel" as to whether these guys are better than the early crop, the same, or slightly below?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1362
Location: Naples, FL
I believe that Coach Fritz has said that he expects to sign 3 or 4 this week.

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2707
I think our rating may go up, but there are plenty of schools making big moves throughout the country counting the crap up the river. But get this, Georgia will have signed 8 five star kids by Wednesday. By comparison, Alabama and LSU both have one. The money must be flowing in Athens.


Last edited by tjtlja on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2936
Location: Destin, FL
Griffin committed to Ga Tech tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2707
Disappointing, but there are still a couple of DL left on the board for us. I guess playing close to home was too much to pass up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:54 pm
Posts: 677
Location: neworleans
Wanted Griffin too but wasn't sold on a really good fit for us. He looked super strong and played really low but was just a gap stopper who didn't move from side to side real great but would be heck in a goal line D. We play more of speed D like TCU and think the Bama DT is a better fit. Hope we get him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2484
Location: Baton Rouge
Wavery wrote:
ml wave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Pete, no doubt about that and so refreshing to see.

Some recruiting news -

D’Andre Ragin commited to Toledo

Norwood has not announced yet.

Griffin did not announce anything yet.

Kurott Garland is predicted 100% to the Wave.

Alfred Thomas has not announced yet.

According to Rivals, La’Dedric Jackson visited Tulane this past weekend. No word yet on where he is going.

Quietly disappointed Ragin didn't sign with ULL.


Did you mean USL?


He means the University of Louisiana

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9874
Poseidon wrote:
Wavery wrote:
ml wave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Pete, no doubt about that and so refreshing to see.

Some recruiting news -

D’Andre Ragin commited to Toledo

Norwood has not announced yet.

Griffin did not announce anything yet.

Kurott Garland is predicted 100% to the Wave.

Alfred Thomas has not announced yet.

According to Rivals, La’Dedric Jackson visited Tulane this past weekend. No word yet on where he is going.

Quietly disappointed Ragin didn't sign with ULL.


Did you mean USL?


He means the University of Louisiana

That sounds like something from a bad movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4352
Location: Wichita
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Wavery wrote:
ml wave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Pete, no doubt about that and so refreshing to see.

Some recruiting news -

D’Andre Ragin commited to Toledo

Norwood has not announced yet.

Griffin did not announce anything yet.

Kurott Garland is predicted 100% to the Wave.

Alfred Thomas has not announced yet.

According to Rivals, La’Dedric Jackson visited Tulane this past weekend. No word yet on where he is going.

Quietly disappointed Ragin didn't sign with ULL.


Did you mean USL?


He means the University of Louisiana

That sounds like something from a bad movie.

Image

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20364
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Gerryb323... Try again, that is NOT a bad movie. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20083
Location: New Orleans
I'm thinking that things may fall our way and we may end up pretty strong. Maybe break the 60 barrier? (as in a class rated top 60). I say that simply on the number of recruits still showing interest in us, the few scholarships we have left (the numbers favor us) the fact that P-5 schools that might be interested may just not have the room and the momentum this Class picked up from a super early signing period.

my humble $0.02

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
Well, I say we lose ground even if we add 3 good players.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:35 am
Posts: 2344
long green wrote:
Well, I say we lose ground even if we add 3 good players.


I agree !!!! What is amazing to me is we might end up with 1 4* player and 19 3* players and still be rated in the 70's. The good news is so what about ratings we have the players. Can't wait till next year when Fritz has his first winning season and see what kind of recruiting he has. This is the best haul IMHO that we have had in a long time.

_________________
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20083
Location: New Orleans
if we sign Norwood apparently we'll have two 4 Star players (according to 24/7)

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2707
Great class! Missing on a QB in the late period is the only negative. Just pray Banks is healthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20956
Location: North Kenner
Wasn’t one of our Mississippi December signings 4* at one time?

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group