Players Who Visited Tulane - Signing Status

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Players Who Visited Tulane - Signing Status

Unread post by tjtlja »

According to several post, today was drop dead date via NCAA guidelines to sign with us.
Wavemania
President's Circle

Unread post by Wavemania »

what about classes being cancelled till Thursday? Does that have any bearing? Preety much all schools and colleges in La are closed
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

If there are any exceptions, I think all of us would like to know.
LondonWave
Coach Level

Unread post by LondonWave »

I'm not familiar with the signing process, but is there any obligation to publicize a list of names. Could someone have signed, but we just don't know it?
Donny Z
President's Circle

Unread post by Donny Z »

It's my understand while Monday was the last day to sign a letter of intent, he can still enroll in school for the spring semester (not sure when the last day to sign up for classes is; and it varies by school) and sign a scholarship once enrolled. So yes, this thing could continue to drag out...
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Some recruiting news -

1. Anthony Lewis commits to Troy.
2. DE Steven Shaw will visit Tulane this weekend. Shaw goes to Manvel high school in Texas. He has offers from La Tech, UNLV, UConn, Central Arkansas, Kansas, ULL, UTSA, and Wyoming
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Recruiting news -

1. Travon King commits to Temple.
2. Charles Coleman committed to South Alabama.
3. Lindsey Scott is now being listed as 100% to Missouri.
4. Brayden Willis picks up Oklahoma offer and is now listed as a 100% to Boomer Sooner.
5. Riley Smith is now listed as 100% to Boise.
6. Steven Shaw is now listed as a 100% to North Texas.

The predictions are attributed to 247 and some of the info above has already been reported.
Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

The 100 per cent stuff is from 247, in case you were wondering. No, they aren't perfect.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

So according to 247 we lost Scott to the Tigers.....again?

Can we please delete the Scott recruiting page if this is true? 16 pages devoted to a guy with supposed great intelligence that chose LSU and Missouri over Harvard and Tulane.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

losing these guys is rough, but still a great class.

like others, i hope we start to throw more. we looked better in the year when we did and it was against some of the better competition.
long green
Cornerstone

No, the guys who make these "crystal ball" calls range from pretty good to Sam Spiegelman, who cheerleads for LSU and probably can't dress himself. If they're right about Scott it's not because they're sages. If he doesn't commit to MU soon it will be proof that no one is in charge in that house.

And no one better touch the Scott thread. Because we will revisit this story one day. Not as a recruiting story but just for the sake of closure.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Brayden Willis commits to Oklahoma

Steven Shaw commits to La Tech

Joseph Norwood visits Nebraska this weekend
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Steven Shaw did not visit us on the weekend he was supposed to...no idea why.

Norwood and Willis are two that we kind of uncovered that the bigger guys are trying to swoop in on. If Norwood doesn't get a Nebraska offer, I'm confident he signs with Tulane. If Nebraska offers, I think he goes there.

We're locked in a battle for JaQuon Griffin. Georgia Tech is going to be tough to beat. We have early PT to offer as well as a longstanding relationship with him, but the appeal of being close to home is going to be tough to beat.

We offered Prime Garland last night, which could be an indication of what we think our chances are with Griffin. Garland is choosing between Tennessee and Tulane. There is some question as to whether his Tennessee offer is to greyshirt. If that is the case, I think we get him.

Alfred Thomas is allegedly down to Tulane and UCF with a UCF visit this weekend.

We are also still in play with Erick Hallett, Jr. who has Pitt, UMass and Tulane in his top 3.

There may be more visitors this weekend....we shall see. Should be an interesting week.
This one belongs to the Wave.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

Thanks for the run down !!
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

TU23, thanks as usual. Some really good players still out there to get.

By the way, WF and TD were in Houston last night. Still looking for a QB and clearly know how thin/inexperienced our depth chart is. The Scott recruitment still stings. Thought they had him. Hope they land a graduate transfer before next year.
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Unread post by charlamange8 »

I believe the Prime Griffin Tennessee offer is a Greyshirt offer, trying to find out from my Knoxville connections...for the record I do not know if Nebraska will have room for Norwood, but I agree if they offer he's gone.
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

It appears that Norwood may not be visiting Nebraska. Hopefully, that leads to a commitment for us.

Also, the four star WR/TE that visited from Georgia a couple of weeks ago - are we still in play for his services? Same for D'Andre Ragin?

Hallett listed as visiting Vandy this weekend.

It appears Garland is not visiting anyone this weekend.

Thomas is heading to UCF unless something has changed.

If any one knows who is visiting this weekend, please post if possible. It should be very interesting leading up to signing day.

And we will not stand still at QB. We will have someone in by next fall - hopefully a graduate transfer.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Someone committed to Nebraska and they cancelled Norwood's visit according to the Omaha newspaper. He's quoted in the story as saying the Defensive Coordinator cancelled his in-home visit this week. That would mean Tulane is in a really good spot to get Norwood.

I've heard nothing on the Tyneil Hopper front, the 4 star TE who visited a few weeks ago. 247 has him "warm" to ECU. That would fit to me if he wants to play in an offense that chucks it. Playing TE at Tulane can be a bit of a hard sell since they are asked to block about 90% of the time.

D'Andre Ragin is all over the map. I'd be very surprised if he signed with Tulane.
long green
Cornerstone

Nebraska "has room" for Norwood but they have a lot of guys committed in the WR/DB/ATH slots.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

It does not appear that Alfred Thomas is visiting UCF anymore this weekend. 247 and Rivals no longer have him listed as visiting anywhere. He may be visiting somewhere else...but if he doesn't, I like our chances.
long green
Cornerstone

so maybe one of the DL's (Garland, Thomas, someone else, whoever says yes first) and Norwood and call it a day? That doesn't sound bad to me.

By the way, Kurott Garland is a different player from Griffin, Thomas, and some other late DL recruits. The others are tackles, Garland looks more like an edge player than they do.
Last edited by long green on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I agree that wouldn’t be a bad way to end this thing. I would be happy.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

That would be a terrific ending! Don't be surprised if we add a fourth guy if the dominoes fall the right way. And we will add another QB at some point in time before next season.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Unread post by Donny Z »

Norwood took an official visit to Tennessee this weekend.
Billow
Coach Level

Unread post by Billow »

Erick Hallett committed to Pitt today!