Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21351
Location: North Kenner
Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.

Quote:
I’ve waited for this day since I picked up a football and I’m proud to say I earned an offer to Tulane University! #Rollwave


Here’s a link to a highlight clip he tweeted.

https://twitter.com/sosakaufman/status/ ... 90242?s=21

Raider Pride!!! 8)

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
waverider wrote:
Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.

Quote:
I’ve waited for this day since I picked up a football and I’m proud to say I earned an offer to Tulane University! #Rollwave


Here’s a link to a highlight clip he tweeted.

https://twitter.com/sosakaufman/status/ ... 90242?s=21

Raider Pride!!! 8)


That is the first time I have ever heard a recruit make such a comment. Shows, at least to me, that he sees the amazing opportunity such an offer will provide him, both for football, and for his future in general. This is the kind of student-athlete that every team hopes to have!

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 10980
Location: Chicago
are we his first offer? i'll cut all of our local alumni a break and say that i was happy when Tulane signed the kicker from my high school this year. as long as the local kids are as good as non-local kids, then i do think it could potentially help increase local interest (although not as much as winning).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6484
AO Sig wrote:
waverider wrote:
Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.

Quote:
I’ve waited for this day since I picked up a football and I’m proud to say I earned an offer to Tulane University! #Rollwave


Here’s a link to a highlight clip he tweeted.

https://twitter.com/sosakaufman/status/ ... 90242?s=21

Raider Pride!!! 8)


That is the first time I have ever heard a recruit make such a comment. Shows, at least to me, that he sees the amazing opportunity such and offer will provide him, both for football, and for his future in general. This is the kind of student-athlete that every team hopes to have!


Maybe it's just youthful exuberance or maybe a subtle nod to his coaches and parents or maybe he was just brought up in a polite household. Regardless it's refreshing to read and brought a smile to my face too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5509
Location: Wichita
Unpossible! We don't recruit Rummel!
Image

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
Yankeewave wrote:
are we his first offer? i'll cut all of our local alumni a break and say that i was happy when Tulane signed the kicker from my high school this year. as long as the local kids are as good as non-local kids, then i do think it could potentially help increase local interest (although not as much as winning).


He's a preferred walk on, no?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 25209
Location: New Orleans
Dable? Yes.

Incidentally, we offered a second Rummel DB at the same time. Quinton Cage is the name.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3158
Location: Greeneville, TN
long green wrote:
Dable? Yes.

Incidentally, we offered a second Rummel DB at the same time. Quinton Cage is the name.


Wavemania sighting in 3....2....1....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21351
Location: North Kenner
AO Sig wrote:
waverider wrote:
Rummel ATH Donovan Kaufman tweeted that he has “earned” an offer from Tulane.

Quote:
I’ve waited for this day since I picked up a football and I’m proud to say I earned an offer to Tulane University! #Rollwave


Here’s a link to a highlight clip he tweeted.

https://twitter.com/sosakaufman/status/ ... 90242?s=21

Raider Pride!!! 8)


That is the first time I have ever heard a recruit make such a comment. Shows, at least to me, that he sees the amazing opportunity such and offer will provide him, both for football, and for his future in general. This is the kind of student-athlete that every team hopes to have!
Something I noticed was a 2020 recruiting related tweet by Westly Fritz which had 7 or so comments so I checked to see what they were. It was kids responding with their Hudl links asking to be looked at. I don’t know what these kids ratings are or if they are being recruited by others, but I don’t remember seeing that too much in the past.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
Sonny Hazard - DT/NG - 6'2" 285 - Jesuit HS New Orleans, LA
- like the way this young man plays

https://twitter.com/sonny_hazard/status/1085044363191902209?s=20

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5396940/Sonny-Hazard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 25209
Location: New Orleans
That has to be one of the sons of the Hazards who played at LSU.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:52 am
Posts: 53
Location: Metairie
He's a stud. Dad is John Hazard, DL/OL for LSU in 80's. He's probably all LSU. Saw him at a couple of Tulane home games this year so who knows. Went to most of his games this year and watched him fight through double teams most of the year. Jesuit also had a really good defensive end in Perry Ganci, a senior. Not sure if he got any big time offers, but would be worth a look. Great wrestler and was interested in pursuing that in college from what I heard, so maybe programs backed off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 25209
Location: New Orleans
John Hazard played OL for LSU after a year on defense. I remember his recruitment well.

Ganci made all the All-Star teams but we signed players at his positions. If he doesn’t get the wrestling scholarship he may want he’d be well worth a preferred walk-on slot.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:09 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm
Posts: 2724
I think Ganci is either going to end up at Nicholls or Southeastern if he sticks with football.

Jesuit also has an offensive lineman that we are probably keeping tabs on: Brian Balestra, 6'4 270 C/G.

Hazard is a really really good player. I hope LSU does not offer, but if they do, he's going to be a tiger.

_________________
This one belongs to the Wave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:13 pm 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:52 am
Posts: 53
Location: Metairie
Ganci reminds me of Cory Dublin - both lightly recruited lineman (one offense, one defense) who were both very good wrestlers.

As much as Hazard impressed this last year, Ganci was even more impressive in some games - and that's not just me. John Hazard was a part-time 9th grade assistant coach at Jesuit and often was Ganci's biggest cheerleader from the stands.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6484
Well if the guy is good enough to be considered for wrestling schollies (and those are thrown around like sumos), I'd think he could develop into a solid football player.

Generally most wrestlers have outstanding strength pound for pound (that may diminish in the heavy weight category though); they are always quick for their size and by definition very aggressive. Best of all, to succeed or not depends totally on the wrestler. He can't call on a teammate or a coach to bail him out in the middle of a tough match. That self reliance needed to win by doing your job first is very useful especially in a assignment football system like Fritz's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19006
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
Baywave1 wrote:
Well if the guy is good enough to be considered for wrestling schollies (and those are thrown around like sumos), I'd think he could develop into a solid football player.

Generally most wrestlers have outstanding strength pound for pound (that may diminish in the heavy weight category though); they are always quick for their size and by definition very aggressive. Best of all, to succeed or not depends totally on the wrestler. He can't call on a teammate or a coach to bail him out in the middle of a tough match. That self reliance needed to win by doing your job first is very useful especially in a assignment football system like Fritz's.
Thank you (says a current HS wrestling referee and former HS wrestler)!

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:22 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
Mason Shelton - OLB - 6'3" 205 Maryville HS, Maryville, TN

https://twitter.com/masonshelton23/status/1085635154775887878?s=20

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9690534/Mason-Shelton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 6484
Another win for Ganci. Who knows about football but the man can wrestle.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sp ... f6317.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19006
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
Baywave1 wrote:
Another win for Ganci. Who knows about football but the man can wrestle.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sp ... f6317.html

Upper weight class matches almost always end in a pin, as did these. The big boys are seldom so evenly matched, or have the stamina, to go a full 6 minutes. It’s the littler guys who win on points or go to overtime.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 21351
Location: North Kenner
Rummel WR Koy Moore decommits from USC. Says a “strained relationship” resulting from a coaching change played into the decision. I don’t know if we have, or currently are, showing interest. If I had to guess, he’ll be playing in state but not here. Arkansas offered last week and they’ve had success recruiting Rummel kids.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
calling windy -

Joseph Solomon - T/DT 6'5" 260 Bishop Chatard HS Indianapolis, IN

https://twitter.com/josephsolomon23/status/1092442746466504704?s=20

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8184182/Joseph-Solomon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
Kenean Caldwell 4* - DT/T 6'3" 305 Oak Grove HS Oak Grove, LA

https://twitter.com/kenean_caldwell/status/1092564697541423104?s=20

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7877760/Kenean-Caldwell


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 21106
Location: Chicago
sr wrote:
calling windy -

Joseph Solomon - T/DT 6'5" 260 Bishop Chatard HS Indianapolis, IN

https://twitter.com/josephsolomon23/status/1092442746466504704?s=20

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8184182/Joseph-Solomon


Know nothing of Indiana football, but I like this trend

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:18 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Dripping Springs
Ethan Hilliman - WR/OLB 6'4" 215 Somerville HS Somerville, NJ

https://twitter.com/Ethanhilliman21/status/1092799560299302913?s=20

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10289334/Ethan-Hilliman


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], randymc and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group