2020 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: 2020 Football Recruiting

Post by Baywave1 »

Again what it says it all is Miles brought Rematich in to see a KU MBB game and not his team playing Sugar Bowl bound Baylor. We'll find out if bait and switch works.

As concerns Kaufman, he did have impeccable timing when he decided to explode. Twelve minutes that will change his life. I know it's a long shot but maybe he'll want to stay home.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

WF should get Kaufman and Angelo Anderson meet for dinner.

In connection with these two guys, is there anyone from Rummel or Curtis that we are currently after? Also, what about Warren Easton, Karr, or Catholic?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

tjtlja wrote:WF should get Kaufman and Angelo Anderson meet for dinner.

In connection with these two guys, is there anyone from Rummel or Curtis that we are currently after? Also, what about Warren Easton, Karr, or Catholic?
There are a couple others that have visited.

Reportedly, it’s rumored that Rummel WR Koi Moore (and LSU commit) called Orgeron and told him to offer a scholarship to Kaufman.

Btw, care to guess who Mike Norvell’s first offer was to when he got to Florida St?

He’s been to our games, but I’m afraid our chance has passed.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

It will be Kaufman’s loss if he decides to go elsewhere. He has an amazing opportunity to go to the local school and play for the local team. Best of luck to him wherever he decides, but in the end we only want kids that want to go to school and play for Tulane University.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I have no insight into the young man other than I'm biased for local folks helping make Tulane better on and off the field. Hope he joins us.

Meanwhile I'm still slack jawed about his HS career end against Catholic. Wow!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tjtlja wrote:It will be Kaufman’s loss if he decides to go elsewhere. He has an amazing opportunity to go to the local school and play for the local team. Best of luck to him wherever he decides, but in the end we only want kids that want to go to school and play for Tulane University.
To be fair, your argument was the same one people made here when we were winning 3 games a year under Toledo or CJ. We have to show kids that the product on the field is worth them being a part of... and also convince them that the P5 label doesn't really matter in terms of how successful they can be.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Could someone outline the timeline in the coming weeks for signings, etc.

Thanks!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

NSD is next Wednesday-Friday.
We deserve so much better
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Things are very quiet. Any news as we get near the last weekend? How many will we take?
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

I wonder if the late bowl will give us more time to recruit up until the early signing period and to the dead period. You would think it would do nothing but help.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

It’s going to be super quiet until right before these kids arrive. Teams are fighting for visits up until the last second.
This one belongs to the Wave.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

According to Jalen White’s twitter, he is visiting this weekend.

Just reading Donovan Kaufman’s twitter, I would be shocked if he is considering us at all. Looks like LSU or Vandy.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

According to Rivals, Shi Keem Laister is visiting this weekend.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

LB commit Ethan Barr got offered by Vanderbilt this weekend. Hope he's not silly enough to sign on with that.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Could say the same for Kaufman, Shepperd, Hooker, Vance, etc. Kaufman could be the outlier if Lspuke offers.

I want to see where Levant ends up. Some schools are interested, but none of them have pulled the trigger.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

3* OL Trey Tuggle has decommitted. He tweeted it and tagged coaches from sec, ACC, etc schools.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

waverider wrote:3* OL Trey Tuggle has decommitted. He tweeted it and tagged coaches from sec, ACC, etc schools.
The tagging of the coaches was pretty lame
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

FW wrote:
waverider wrote:3* OL Trey Tuggle has decommitted. He tweeted it and tagged coaches from sec, ACC, etc schools.
So does he have any actual offers from these schools?
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

FW wrote:
Makes you think we kicked him to the curb
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

He may have kicked us to the curb. Pretty crappy this late in the game. He will find a place to land. Arkansas needs anyone. Same for Missouri, amongst others.

I have a feeling that Willie’s last minute bar hopping may have cost us some good players. The message he sent was loud and clear. Crappy timing for us.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

tjtlja wrote:He may have kicked us to the curb. Pretty crappy this late in the game. He will find a place to land. Arkansas needs anyone. Same for Missouri, amongst others.

I have a feeling that Willie’s last minute bar hopping may have cost us some good players. The message he sent was loud and clear. Crappy timing for us.
No
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

tjtlja wrote:He may have kicked us to the curb. Pretty crappy this late in the game. He will find a place to land. Arkansas needs anyone. Same for Missouri, amongst others.

Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

I hope I am wrong. We just lost #1. We will see if any others bolt. And what was suppose to be huge weekend of visitors was very underwhelming. Coincidence, maybe.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Have we not backfilled seeming holes in previous years with pretty good grad transfers? Having patience is hard and we all want to see that "great recruiting class" headline, but our actual class probably won't be known until like June 2020.

Also, we've known and expected that we would not sign all these kids. When we had this outstanding class back last summer, those in the know about recruiting all said that it would take a big hit as signing day approached. We knew it would. Not only do the P5 schools narrow down who they want and don't want (causing another school to have a sudden opening, which they offer to our commits), but with the coaching carousel, new guys arrive at new places and suddenly they throw an offer to our commits. For example, as mentioned elsewhere, it will be interesting to see if any of our list from this past summer end up at Missouri or Arkansas.
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

PeteRasche wrote:Having patience is hard and we all want to see that "great recruiting class" headline, but our actual class probably won't be known until like June 2020.
Yes. We all know that the minimum standards for recruiting are
1. are we upgrading overall average ability at the positions we sign?
2. are we filling crucial gaps in the roster?
3. are we increasingly competitive for the "hard to sign" players who otherwise will saunter into hallowed "P5" programs?
4. are we recruiting for the psychological traits any program, and especially this one, needs: commitment, leadership, persistence.

And we won't know for a while. But we all want Christmas early with a big, splashy four-star bow on it. (I want that, too.)